Meghan's Fashion, jewelry and accessories

Started by TLLK, May 25, 2017, 11:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

sara8150

Duchess of Sussex wores Miami-based female designer of earrings and rings

Dazzling Duchess! Meghan piles on the jewellery as she attends One World Summit   | Daily Mail Online

Meghan,Duchess of Sussex wores looked elegant in a ?245 cream knitted vest from LA-based designer Anine Bing and paired it with a pair of ?1,040 beige wide-leg wool blend trousers from Beandon Maxwell
Meghan Markle is radiant in ?245 cream knitted vest from trendy LA label Anine Bing | Daily Mail Online

sara8150

Meghan Markle wears Princess Diana's ?17,800 Cartier watch as she joins Prince Harry in Dusseldorf | Daily Mail Online
Duchess of Sussex wores Cartier watch and bracelet but watch belong to late Diana,Princess of Wales

QuoteThe Tank watch, once owned by Diana and thought to be gifted to Meghan by Harry, was priced at ?17,800 at the time but is now likely worth a lot more given its history, and is one of the pieces sported by Meghan today.

The elegant timepiece was worn by Diana at a number of occasions, including a 1997 visit to London's Shri Swaminarayan Mandir Hindu Temple and an engagement at the British Lung Foundation that same year.

Meghan has been gifted several items from Diana's collection. They include Diana's butterfly earrings and gold bracelet which she wore on their Australian tour in 2018.

Yet the watch is a favourite and she has been spotted wearing it often. The watch had been gifted to Diana by her father on her 21st birthday.

Meghan has always been known to favour more conspicuous jewellery stacks, while members of the royal family typically prefer to keep their accessories to a bare minimum, and her choice of bling for her latest appearance was no different.

It's a design that she has worn many times in the past, and which is also thought to have been a gift from Prince Harry in the early days of their romance.

The Duke of Windsor and Wallis Simpson each had earlier versions of the Cartier Love Bracelet as well.

Designs, manufactures, distributes and sells jewellery and watches. Founded in Paris, France in 1847 by Louis-Fran?ois Cartier, the company remained under family control until 1964. The company maintains its headquarters in Paris and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of the Compagnie Financi?re Richemont SA.

Cartier is well known for its jewellery and wrist watches, including the ?Bestiary? (best illustrated by the Panth?re brooch of the 1940s created for Wallis Simpson), the diamond necklace created for Bhupinder Singh the Maharaja of Patiala and the first practical wristwatch, the ?Santos,? of 1904.

Cartier has a long history of sales to royalty and celebrities. King Edward VII of England referred to Cartier as ?the jeweller of kings and the king of jewellers.? For his coronation in 1902, Edward VII ordered 27 tiaras and issued a royal warrant to Cartier in 1904.Similar warrants soon followed from the courts of Spain, Portugal, Russia, Siam, Greece, Serbia, Belgium, Romania, Egypt, Albania, Monaco, and the House of Orleans.

Cartier. Known as 'the jeweler of kings and the king of jewelers', Cartier was awarded a royal warrant in 1904 by King Edward VII following an order of 27 tiaras for his coronation two years earlier. The international company also famously made the tiara the Duchess of Cambridge wore on her wedding day.

King Edward VII once named Cartier ?jeweller of the kings and the king of jewelers.? The famed jewelry house has been beloved by celebrities, royals, and fashion icons since its inception. Today, Cartier continues to inspire the world with decadence, sophistication, glamour, and innovation.

There are currently three Royal Warrants for goods supplied to the Households: Her Majesty The Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales.

Asprey held the warrant until her death in 2002. The Prince of Wales, HRH Prince Charles gave Asprey a Royal Warrant as Jewellers, Goldsmiths and Silversmiths. Asprey continues to hold this Royal Warrant today.

A Royal Warrant of Appointment is granted as a mark of recognition to people or companies who have regularly supplied goods or services to HM The Queen, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh or HRH The Prince of Wales or their Households. The Monarch decides who may grant Royal Warrants. These are known as the Grantors.

A Royal Warrant is usually granted for up to five years and reviewed in the year before it is due to expire so that a decision can be made as to whether it should be renewed for another period of up to five years.

Today there are around 800 Royal Warrant holders representing a huge cross-section of trade and industry, from individual craftspeople to global multi-nationals.

Meghan Markle twins with EIGHT other royals with one style detail | HELLO!

Frequently asked questions | Royal Warrant Holders Association
HM Queen Elizabeth II makes decisions to grantor for warrants

sara8150

Curryong

Liked the colour but not the fit of Meghan?s pants today. And I didn?t like the top at all, unfortunately. I would have preferred to say a dainty but form-fitting white silk cashmere top, similar to the one she wore the other day with pants. Oversized pants seem to be a real thing today with both young men and women. However you have to have model-sized height and physique to be able to pull it off.

TLLK

@Curryong- I agree with you about the color and fit of her slacks today. IMHO Meghan was overwhelmed by the voluminous fabric. Even someone taller ie Queen Maxima might have been swamped by them too.

I preferred the ones that she wore for her arrival in Manchester which were loose but better scaled for her height and size.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on September 07, 2022, 03:28:39 AM
Liked the colour but not the fit of Meghan?s pants today. And I didn?t like the top at all, unfortunately. I would have preferred to say a dainty but form-fitting white silk cashmere top, similar to the one she wore the other day with pants. Oversized pants seem to be a real thing today with both young men and women. However you have to have model-sized height and physique to be able to pull it off.

I?m agreed with you and you?re right about that

sara8150

Duchess of Sussex wores Galvan halter neck dress emerald

Duchess of Sussex wores Jason Wu dress

Princess Cassandra

She seems pretty confident about spending a lot of money on her clothing, so their finances must be ok. I don't think these are her best looks.

sara8150

The Duchess of Sussex donned a custom-made white off-the-shoulder Louis Vuitton dress with long sleeves almost IDENTICAL of Princess Catherine

Meghan Markle wears Princess Diana's aquamarine ring to New York gala | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

The ring does have a matching multiple pearl strand bracelet with a large aquamarine clasp. However apart from the pearl and diamond studs that most of the ladies in the BRF were gifted by the late QEII, I've really not seen Meghan opting to wear pearls on a regular basis. From what I can tell she prefers gold contemporary pieces.

Princess Diana?s Aquamarine Ring | The Royal Watcher

QuoteFeaturing an emerald cut aquamarine flanked by small solitaire diamonds set in 24-carat yellow gold, the aquamarine was given to the Princess by her friend, Lucia Flecha de Lima, and created into a ring by Asprey in 1996. While many people claim the aquamarine ring was commissioned as a replacement for Princess Diana?s iconic Sapphire Engagement Ring after their divorce in 1997, it was only worn two times publicly before her tragic death the following year.

TLLK

changemhysoul

Meghan looks good as always, as well as the Archewell employee that was with her.

HistoryGirl2

I do love that she usually sticks to neutrals with simple (and gold) jewelry. That?s what I usually stick with, too.

TLLK

I'm happy when Meghan steps out with a bit of color now and then too. The monochromatic red from this past summer was one of my favorites.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attend One Young World Summit in Manchester ? UFO No More

And this stunning turquoise dress is one that I'll always like.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attend Endeavour Fund Awards ? UFO No More

HistoryGirl2

TLLK

I wish that she'd opt for sunny yellow again as she has the perfect coloring for this sunshine shade.

Brandon Maxwell Yellow Crepe Midi Dress-Meghan Markle - Dress Like A Duchess

HistoryGirl2

That is a good color for her. I think she tends to prefer black though. Classic choice.

Curryong

I?m afraid I?m a colour person, rarely wear black, except for slacks, and its one of my minor bugbears that Meghan is so monochrome in her choice of clothing. I think she looks lovely in sunny yellow and vibrant red but I think my favourite on her are blues, very rarely seen!

HistoryGirl2

That?s like my best friend. She?ll wear every color under the rainbow and I?m standing next to her with my all black outfit like I?m hitting up a funeral in the afternoon lol Meghan is lucky in that pretty much every color looks great on her. She also knows what styles work for her. She rarely has fashion ?misses,? but I?m biased because it?s all styles I would personally choose.

I think all the royal ladies have a great sense of their own style, but Meghan?s wardrobe is the one I always wanna raid. I guess it also doesn?t hurt that she?s gorgeous lol

Kristeh-H

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on March 13, 2023, 12:18:29 AM
That?s like my best friend. She?ll wear every color under the rainbow and I?m standing next to her with my all black outfit like I?m hitting up a funeral in the afternoon lol Meghan is lucky in that pretty much every color looks great on her. She also knows what styles work for her. She rarely has fashion ?misses,? but I?m biased because it?s all styles I would personally choose.

I think all the royal ladies have a great sense of their own style, but Meghan?s wardrobe is the one I always wanna raid. I guess it also doesn?t hurt that she?s gorgeous lol

I don't know.  I don't always like her clothes.  For one, that taupe/olive green outfit she wore to Louis' christening I did not care for at all, and sometimes her clothes seem ill-fitting, which is odd as I'm sure she can afford to have them properly tailored. 

But she is very pretty and she has had some looks that hit it out of the ballpark.  I think she should wear more jewel tones, as they seem to suit her very well.

HistoryGirl2

To be fair, I don?t think anyone looks good in that olive color lol I think she has kind of a boxy shape, which can look a bit off in certain types of clothing. Some lengths don?t suit her as well as others.

Kristeh-H

Yes, that olive color doesn't seem flattering to anyone-which begs the question why anyone would choose to wear it. :happy15: