Queen promotes the work done by the minor royals

Started by TLLK, January 31, 2020, 08:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Queen promotes the work of minor royals post Megxit | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe Queen has promoted the work of her cousin, a minor working royal, as the monarchy adapts in the wake of 'Megxit'.

The official royal family Instagram account shared a rare photo of the Duchess of Gloucester, 73, wife of the Queen's cousin the Duke of Gloucester, 75, at a military engagement this week.

This post is notable as the account typically focuses on the work of the Queen, her children and grandchildren, namely Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Anne, Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex, the Cambridges and the Sussexes.

IMHO it's time for the BRF social media to highlight the work being done by the Gloucesters, Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra.

Blue Clover

I think it's important for her to do so at this time. Some may have to pick up extra work.

SophieChloe

I wouldn't recognise them if I passed them on the street. 

IMO that is the problem.  Who wants to rock up to see them?  Even W&K's *crowds* are embarrassing. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Quote from: Blue Clover on February 01, 2020, 12:05:13 AM
I think it's important for her to do so at this time. Some may have to pick up extra work.
@Blue Clover-Yes I agree that they like the other members of the Firm are going to be picking up extra domestic and foreign official royal duties this year and in the coming years now that three members are no longer participating in official royal duties.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on January 31, 2020, 08:09:12 PM
Queen promotes the work of minor royals post Megxit | Daily Mail Online

IMHO it's time for the BRF social media to highlight the work being done by the Gloucesters, Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra.
Yes, because they are all such generous and kind people that I'd love to know more about them.  When you hear the Duke giving an interview you can tell he is very down to earth and knowledgeable. The other person who is interesting is Prince Michael, because he has taken the time and effort to explore his Russian ancestry.  In doing so he now has several Russian connections. I wonder if he ever discusses the Greek side of his ancestry with the Duke of E, because weren't Marina and Princess Alice (the DofE's mother) first cousins? So they share that very interesting Greek royal story.

Curryong

Marina was first cousin to Prince Philip. Her father, Prince Nicholas of Greece, was older brother to Prince Philip's father Andre (or Andrew.) They were both sons of King George I of Greece, Queen Alexandra's younger brother.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on February 07, 2020, 11:36:53 PM
Marina was first cousin to Prince Philip. Her father, Prince Nicholas of Greece, was older brother to Prince Philip's father Andre (or Andrew.) They were both sons of King George I of Greece, Queen Alexandra's younger brother.
And now I recall that in Princess Alice's biography mention is made of she and Helen (Marina's mother) living side by side as sisters-in-law. Since Helen was brought up as a grand duchess in Imperial Russia she had a somewhat superior attitude,  while Alice was a free spirit with somewhat unconventional opinions and activities, so they rubbed each other the wrong way at times. I wish I knew if Michael and Philip have had conversations about this. Not that we'll ever know, of course! I find the Greek and Russian royal histories even more fascinating than the British.