Beatrice and Eduardo's Wedding

Started by sara8150, November 30, 2019, 04:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Nightowl on July 21, 2020, 11:01:47 AM
One thing I have noticed about this wedding is that so many are commenting along the lines of HM and Princess Beatrice, for me, it is a *grandmother* and her *granddaughter* only.  I would love to think that HM as a loving grandmother would want the very best for her beautiful granddaughter first and foremost.  I am really thinking that because of the virus and the canceling the 1st wedding date that HM would go out of her way to make sure her granddaughter had the wedding of her dreams if she could and being HM of all people then you better believe she helped make that happen.  It is not the tiara or the dress or whatever anything else is, it is the fact that HM's granddaughter got married and is very happy and in love and the family was together for this wonderful wedding.  Everything else is 2nd.

I am thrilled with this wedding out of all the royal weddings I have seen, this tops everything for it was so very personal and private.  Edo looked so smitten with his bride...as he should be for she was so beautiful.

I think the Queen felt just as sorry about Beatrice's circumstances as many others of us did....the long relationship that went nowhere and ends, and the guy very soon afterwards gets engaged to someone else.  She is unattached and attends her sister's wedding single.  She meets someone and everyone talks about his past. She is finally happy and gets engaged, but her father's issues over Epstein overshadows the good news. They schedule a wedding that has to be cancelled because of COVID-19. None of the other grandchildren have had all that to deal with. I'm sure she felt so sad and wanted to do for Beatrice whatever she could to make her day special. I have so much respect and admiration for HM. As for the dress, Beatrice has always had a taste for the fussy and unusual, but I think the sentimentality of borrowing her grandmother's dress overshadows the fussiness of the dress. And lastly, I'm very glad that someone convinced Sarah to keep mum about it all....she hasn't pulled her usual over-the-top emoting.  We are all happy for Beatrice and Edo, and I hope they have a solid, undramatic life together. 

LouisFerdinand

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on July 21, 2020, 11:53:12 PM
I think the Queen felt just as sorry about Beatrice's circumstances as many others of us did....the long relationship that went nowhere and ends, and the guy very soon afterwards gets engaged to someone else.  She is unattached and attends her sister's wedding single.  She meets someone and everyone talks about his past. She is finally happy and gets engaged, but her father's issues over Epstein overshadows the good news. They schedule a wedding that has to be cancelled because of COVID-19. None of the other grandchildren have had all that to deal with. I'm sure she felt so sad and wanted to do for Beatrice whatever she could to make her day special. I have so much respect and admiration for HM. As for the dress, Beatrice has always had a taste for the fussy and unusual, but I think the sentimentality of borrowing her grandmother's dress overshadows the fussiness of the dress. And lastly, I'm very glad that someone convinced Sarah to keep mum about it all....she hasn't pulled her usual over-the-top emoting.  We are all happy for Beatrice and Edo, and I hope they have a solid, undramatic life together.

I think the queen was shrewd enough to realise that a very very small quiet wedding was necessary and that the situation was such that it did at least give the RF a good chance to keep Andrew and Sarah out of the picture literally.   Bea could have waited a year and had a bigger wedding.. but then again we dont know what might be happening next spring.. and perhaps it might still have to be a small ceremony.. and with Philip nearly 100 he might not be there.. so she probably advised them to go ahead and do it now, privately.  the dress and tiara were there as signs that she approves of her granddaughter's getting married and is signaling that although Andrew has had to be put on the back bench, she loves her granddaughter and wants her to have the best that she can have in the circumstances. I am not crazy bout the dress, it looks a bit too much like it was altered to Fit Beatrice but its reasonably attractive.

LouisFerdinand

I like the Mirror Online article about The Queen's experience with the tiara breaking just two hours before her wedding was to begin. I previously knew about the tiara being corrected. There may have been other tiaras but Princess Elizabeth got the one to wear which had originally been selected.

TLLK

Good for them!! I feel that they deserve a low key trip together after their wedding.

LouisFerdinand

It is informative to learn that the country of the honeymoon was given. So many times the honeymoon destination of the Royals has not been given.  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Macrobug67

It really was a lovely wedding, judging from the few photos.  It may have been a relief after so many big public weddings to have a small, private, intimate wedding.  A true family event that doesn?t have to be shared with a million other people.

TLLK

@Marcrobug67  Welcome Back to RIF!!  :consoling1: :welcome:

Macrobug67

Howdie!  :partaay:   :hug:

* Looking around* I like the new decorations.  Those comfy lounge sofas are amazing.  I was here by myself last night.  I hope you don?t mind the few changes I made.  I returned the lava lamps and doilies I absconded the last time I was around.
I couldn?t resist adding moustaches to the paintings.

Oh, and there are some small changes in the hallway.

(You may want to think twice about leaving the front door unlocked)

TLLK

Glad that the new decor meets your approval, @Macrobug67  however I have become more than a little  sentimental  to those lava lamps so could we have at least one plus a doily?  :lol:

Hallway changes are fine as long as there is enough space for the spare tiaras and ermine robes. One must be prepared for when special visitors arrive.  :wink:
:Jen:

PrincessOfPeace

Unseen photo from Princess Beatrices wedding shows a glimpse of her new stepson Wolfie, four, following the happy couple out of the church after serving as his father Edo Mapelli Mozzis best man

Princess Beatrice's stepson Wolfie, 4, appears in wedding photo | Daily Mail Online

PrincessOfPeace

HRH Princess Beatrice of Yorks wedding dress, first worn by Her Majesty The Queen in the 1960s, will go on public display at Windsor Castle from 24 September 2020.

More: https://www.rct.uk/about/news-and-features/hrh-princess-beatrice-of-yorks-wedding-dress-to-go-on-display-at-windsor?utm_campaign=about&utm_content=1599468764&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter#/

TLLK

Wonderful news! With Louise being years away from marriage, this is likely to be the last royal wedding dress display for some time.

QuoteThe display at Windsor Castle will also feature Princess Beatrice?s wedding shoes, made by Valentino and previously worn by Her Royal Highness on occasions including the wedding of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2011. In addition, a replica of Her Royal Highness?s bridal bouquet made from artificial flowers has been created for the display. The bouquet was designed by Patrice Van Helden, co-owner of RVH Floral Design, and contained trailing jasmine, pale pink and cream sweet peas, Royal Porcelina spray roses, pink O?Hara roses, pink ?wax flower? (Chamelaucium uncinatum) and baby pink astilbe, as well as sprigs of myrtle in keeping with royal tradition.

sara8150

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: TLLK on September 07, 2020, 01:14:37 PM
Wonderful news! With Louise being years away from marriage, this is likely to be the last royal wedding dress display for some time.
If Lady Louise marries a foreign prince and marries in his country and her wedding dress is designed by a company from that country, would the wedding dress go on display in England?

PrincessOfPeace

A first look at Princess Beatrices wedding dress on display in the State Dining Room at Windsor Castle. Visitors will be able to see it from tomorrow and purchase commemorative items to mark the wedding, which took place in July.

Twitter

Amabel2

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on September 07, 2020, 10:54:13 PM

If Lady Louise marries a foreign prince and marries in his country and her wedding dress is designed by a company from that country, would the wedding dress go on display in England?
no idea... since she's pretty unlikly to marry a foreign prince anyway. 

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Beatrice was said to be very pleased and excited to see her vintage wedding dress, loaned to her by the Queen, on display at Windsor Castle.

The Queens granddaughter had a preview of the exhibition ahead of its opening to the public on Thursday.

Princess Beatrice 'pleased and excited' as vintage wedding dress loaned by Queen displayed at Windsor Castle | ITV News

Princess Cassandra

Although I'm not really crazy about the dress re-design I suspect it probably has to be seen in person to be appreciated.  Anyway, the idea of Bea loving a dress of her grandmother and then it being loaned for her own wedding is a very sweet story. She totally deserved a happy wedding story. 

Curryong

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on September 23, 2020, 11:00:41 PM
Although I'm not really crazy about the dress re-design I suspect it probably has to be seen in person to be appreciated.  Anyway, the idea of Bea loving a dress of her grandmother and then it being loaned for her own wedding is a very sweet story. She totally deserved a happy wedding story.

I totally agree with you. I too wasn't really mad about Beatrice's wedding dress and in a way I regret not seeing what she would have worn without the Covid crisis. The veil didn't really match the gown either. However, the over-riding wedding story of Beatrice and Edo is one of great simplicity and joy, and that means everything really.

Princess Cassandra

By the way, was it confirmed that they are living in Nottingham Cottage? I thought that was so surprising, since he is a successful businessman and it is so small, but renting a larger apartment there might make sense, as I am sure security at KP would be an attraction for them.