Relationships between the members of the British royal family

Started by TLLK, June 10, 2018, 04:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

A thread to discuss the personal relationships between the members of the British Royal Family

Kate Middleton dotes on Prince George and Princess Charlotte during charity polo match

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge had a lovely day out with her oldest two children on Sunday when she took Prince George and Princess Charlotte to the Maserati Royal Charity Polo Trophy at Beaufort Polo Club in Gloucestershire to support Prince William, who was participating in the game. Photos published on Daily Mail show Kate wrapping her arm around George, who is dressed in a navy polo shirt and a pair of beige shorts. Kate, meanwhile, looks stylish in a light blue summer dress with a flared skirt, from one of her favourite high street shops, Zara. The doting mum was there to keep an eye on her son, as well as his young cousins Savannah and Isla Phillips ? who were also in attendance. In another photo, Kate is seen sitting on the floor with George, Charlotte and Savannah - who has her arm wrapped around the little Princess.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfVqcDxX4AAK-OQ.jpg

William and Harry typically participate in a series of charity polo matches through the summer to raise money for their charities.

Prince William kicks off series of charity polo matches he will take part in with Prince Harry ? Royal Central

TLLK

Today's matches are raising funds for Centrepoint and the Royal Marsden.

wannable

Their once a year polo pictures ;) Kate used to go to every polo match pre royal. 

But as it seems after marriage, the press go bananas...front page news, the pattern has changed to one polo match only. She and children look very nice.

sara8150

wannable

^ The DM KM polo dash...the Harry and William friend, big ears a la Charles et all, but he's good looking. 

I'd jump the mini hill and run for (Kate) and do the hug and 'air' kisses.

royalanthropologist

That is one vivacious child. She was quite something at the balcony appearance.  :hehe:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

wannable

The Royal Marsden which benefited from the Polo Match, Prince William will be hosting tomorrow a Reception at Buckingham Palace

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

The Duke of Cambridge, President of @royalmarsdenNHS, will attend a reception for the The Royal Marsden Trust at Buckingham Palace on Thursday 14th June.

FanDianaFancy

Ohhhhhhh  Savanah  , Ohhhhhhh  Don't  you cry for me. I 'll  be  from round  the hill with  a  scar  on my  knee.

To my  fellow Americans here...Oh Susana  song.

SavanahP. BuckBal was funny. kids being kids. Autumn did  discipline her child  here for the push and  I am sure  when  she got home,  no  cookies...no tv...off to bed. I am sure  next time  before an outing,  she will  bribe her  with a  good dessert  if  she stays  away  from  George and  keeps  hands  to herself.
Kids are kids.
BUT when  they  are  a group like this  of QEIIs  greatgrand children and cameras  are recording  every  minute, it  is different.
Bully, no. Overly playful and  not  knowing her strength, yes.  She is  7  and he  is  4.
Also, Charlotte feel back but her mom  was right behind her.  George  got consoled.  Was it because  of  the  hill roll? I  do not know.
Some parents  coddle their kids  for  sneezing. Kate, hmm,  helicopter  parent...No. She  seems to  let them be and get dirty and  fall, tumble   and things  at the  polo  matches.

Ohhhhh Savanah  Ohhhhhhhh   Don't  you  cry  for me. Ill be  comingggg        from the hill with  a         scar  on my  knee.

Double post auto-merged: June 14, 2018, 01:38:21 AM

song oh susanna don't you cry for me - Bing video

amabel

I don't quite see how bribing a child is good parenting.. even if most parents do it sometimes..

TLLK

QuoteI am sure  next time  before an outing,  she will  bribe her  with a  good dessert  if  she stays  away  from  George and  keeps  hands  to herself.
Kids are kids.

Not sure that bribing Savannah is a good idea. IMO it would be better to explain what the behavior expectations are and what the consequences will be if she doesn't behave in a safe,  responsible and respectable manner with any other child (royal or not) Compliment her if she does follow the directions given to her prior to the outing.

amabel

TLLK

^^^And explaining the expectations and the consequences prior to an outing is part of firm parenting. Of course then you have to follow through on the consequences. :D

amabel

royalanthropologist

Setting aside Savannah's bullish behavior, that kid who kicked the book/paper  afterwards also seemed a bit vicious. Maybe George is a sensitive shy child like his grandfather. If that is the case, he really needs to be supported because one day he will have to be the boss.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

FanDianaFancy

Bribe perhaps  was not the best word.  Giving an incentive  to  behave  properly  , I think is a good idea depending on the child and offense.  An incentive  can also  be used  as a   punishment  too.
I did say and imply  in my  post,I  bet Autumn  punished and talked  to and will talk to  her daughter before the next outing.

TLLK

QuoteI  bet Autumn  punished and talked  to and will talk to  her daughter before the next outing.

Yes we did see that Autumn immediately turned to her daughter to admonish her in the video. It's all part of a long learning process that has to be repeated now and then.

sandy

Quote from: royalanthropologist on June 14, 2018, 12:36:13 PM
Setting aside Savannah's bullish behavior, that kid who kicked the book/paper  afterwards also seemed a bit vicious. Maybe George is a sensitive shy child like his grandfather. If that is the case, he really needs to be supported because one day he will have to be the boss.

Charles is decisively not "sensitive." I hope George takes after his maternal grandfather.

amabel

But you said that Charles was a loving father.  would that not mean that he is sensitive to the needs of his children

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on June 14, 2018, 11:15:05 PM
Charles is decisively not "sensitive." I hope George takes after his maternal grandfather.

He he. You can't change genes. You will just have to continue "hoping". Some people :wacko:

Trudie

I believe George gets his shyness from George VI and Queen Mary. While Charles is not a shy man he is sensitive and it seems George has inherited that from him. Savannah seems to have inherited her personality from her grandmother Princess Anne and great-grandfather the DOE while her antics on the balcony were tame her behavior pushing George was not and her mother and father really need to take a firmer hand with her that such behavior will not be tolerated.