Queen Rania joins Twitter

Started by Alexandra123, May 11, 2009, 12:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandra123

Queen Rania of Jordan joins Twitter

QuoteThe royal, who uses the Twitter handle QueenRania, is following 23 people, including chef Jamie Oliver, Twitter founders Biz Stone and Evan Williams, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, governor of California. She has gathered more than 2,000 followers in return, and has updated her profile 17 times in the last day.
Queen Rania, who describes herself on her Twitter page as "a mum and a wife with a really cool day job", has long been a user of social media sites and new web-based technologies. She has her own channel on the YouTube video-sharing site, as well as her own website and blog.

I am not sure of this move; Rania tries to be close to people and it is to be applauded for, however Twitter and Royalty are not two things that are not perfectly compatible, in my opinion. After having a look at her Twitter account, I am even less impressed. Her 'job desription' is plain tasteless - she lists it as "a mum and a wife with a really cool day job"; how very regal.

For all those, who are interested, here is the link to her Twitter account - http://twitter.com/QueenRania
Just for the update; the article above states that Rania has about 2,000 followers. In fact he number is well above 20,000 now.

Jenee

I'm not a fan of Twitter. It seems pointless.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

princessealiénor

I join Twitter because of her :-))

Lexie

I think it's an exceptional idea. It brings more exposures to her charities and that's what it's all about.  She is honestly trying to make a difference with the youth of today, and what better way than to use their media outlets.  Besides she's only 39! she's a young, beautiful and hip queen, exactly what today's royal families need.

Orchid

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

nova

Quote from: Jenee on May 17, 2009, 01:34:57 AM
I'm not a fan of Twitter. It seems pointless.
I prefer twitter than fb.

The recent events in Iran prove the contrary. Twitter is the fastest channel to broadcast an information. Medias use it a lot without necessarily quoting where they got the information at first  (e.g. attacks in Bombay, incident on the Hudston, etc.).

Hale

Vanity Fair

QuoteMeanwhile, via her popular Twitter account, Jordan's Queen Rania reached out to the typhoon-stricken Philippines, tweeting, "My thoughts are with the traumatized children and their families."

Lila the Flirt

I like Queen Rania. She seems nice and has taste in clothes.

As to Twitter, it's great when you live a very exciting life. But if you're a normal person, eh.

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Jenee

^ :laugh: That's probably why it doesn't appeal to me. My tweets would be like "had bagel for breakfast" and "taking my lunch break" etc. Not exactly exciting news xD
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Hale

Queen Rania's latest Twitter reads:

QuoteFinally watched New Moon (for my teenage kids' sake, of course). That poor girl, no 1 should hve limited choice between vampire and wolf!

Cute.   :)

Hale

Queen Rania's latest Tweet.

Quote¡Hola Barcelona! It's great to be back in the land of Gaudi and Dalí. Here for #mwc. Mobile phones for #1GOAL

http://twitter.com/QueenRania

Hale

royalwatcher05

Thanks for the post Hale. I am a huge fan of Queen Rania and love following her tweets.

Lindelle

There's not much in twitter for me gossip wise. I'd need more chat.
Which is why I'm here

Scarlet Flowers

Quote from: Jenee on October 06, 2009, 02:52:23 AM
^ :laugh: That's probably why it doesn't appeal to me. My tweets would be like "had bagel for breakfast" and "taking my lunch break" etc. Not exactly exciting news xD

:lmao3:

I'm torn on this.  I think she should be commended for keeping in touch with peope, but at the sam time, I believe a monarch should exercise control.
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Hale

Quote from: Lindelle on March 01, 2010, 04:40:04 AM
There's not much in twitter for me gossip wise. I'd need more chat.
Which is why I'm here

Actually Lindelle, there is not much scandal about QR either.  Which makes me think there is not enough to gossip about her.

Hale

http://twitter.com/Queenrania

Here are some Tweets from QR.

QuoteProud to receive the Arab Knight of Giving Award, and do so on behalf of all the Arabs who give of themselves ever http://twitpic.com/1mmt1y
12:04 AM May 10th via Twitpic

Hale

Some of the latest Tweets from Queen Rania

http://twitter.com/Queenrania

Quote#FreedomFlotilla Fact4: NOURISHMENT – Two thirds of Gazans don't know where their next meal's coming from. PLZ RT

Quote#FreedomFlotilla Fact3: POVERTY – 80% of people in Gaza live below the poverty line; 95% of private businesses have closed. PLZ RT!

Quote#FreedomFlotilla Fact1:HEALTH–95% of Gaza's water fails WHO standards leaving thousands of newborns at risk of poisoning. PLZ RT!

QuoteEvery ship that tries to break the blockade is a Ship of Hope for the people of #Gaza. A few of the reasons why

My favourite: 
Quote"We are stronger when we listen, we are smarter when we share" Queen Rania

cuppycakes

What a great idea! I am adding her to my "follow" list!! :)

Hale

:P  Yup blondness she really puts herself out there.   :yesss: