Countess of Wessex gives birth to a baby boy

Started by mediastar, December 17, 2007, 06:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nighthawk

:hug: Happy Birthday 2 your daughter plattenchat
It's a very Happy Day indeed again Congrats to Mom and Dad both what a great christmas gift  :flowers:  :xmas1:

Countessa

congratulations to them. i hope mother and son are healthy.

Margherita

Congrats to Edward, Sophie and Louise! :flowery:

Lola

oh, i think that is so great! i am glad sophie and the baby are okay!  :flowers:
"I am as happy as a fat mouse in a cheese factory!"

Chelsy

heather

Congratulations to the Wessex Family ! :flowers:

A nice little family. :)

echo

(\_/)
(O.o)
(><) Booni.

RoyalBusyBody

Quote from: serene grace on December 17, 2007, 10:40:43 PM
Sophie Rhys-Jones married Prince Edward at St George's Chapel in Windsor in June 1999. They met at a tennis event in the summer of 1993.   :hug:
Does Pr.William ever do sporting events where he has to meet ladies?  :grin:

Not if Kate has anything to say about it.

Good news about the baby.  Very small though.  Most of my friends have been popping out 9 pounders of late.   :jawdrop:

fawbert

The broadsheet newspapers have erred in stating that the boy will "not be conferred" with the style and title of Prince with the prefix HRH. Of course he was BORN HRH and a Prince, but following the verbal agreement made between the Wessexes and Her Majesty in 1999 he will be KNOWN as something else.
Fawbert

leogirl

Yes, I believe you are right fawbert.

In the Wikipedia article, it states that Louise is legally a princess so it only makes sense that her brother (who is a place ahead of her in the line of succession) is legally a prince.

Her parents wish that they be known as Viscount and Lady, and I believe Princess Anne was also allowed to give her children titles but chose not to.

Pri

"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

fawbert

Princess Anne's children were not BORN with Royal styles and titles and then barred from using them, as is the case of the Wessexes offspring.
Fawbert

leogirl

Yes, I know. They are not legally HRH, nor are they styled as such. :flowers:

The point I was trying to make was that the parents could have given their children higher ranks but chose
*no title when one was offered, and there is no legal title either (Princess Anne's case)
*to be known as a lower rank than their legal title (Wessex).

Sorry to be confusing, lol.

Lillianna

Quote from: fawbert on December 18, 2007, 01:50:15 AM
Princess Anne's children were not BORN with Royal styles and titles and then barred from using them, as is the case of the Wessexes offspring.

What's the difference? :unsure: I mean, why weren't Anne's children born "royal", while the offspring of her brothers were? (pleads ignorance)

I'm now also curious about the names he will have. I hope the Queen does not choose really antiquated names...
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

serene grace

I think Pss Anne chose for her children not to have Royal titles, but I wonder if she regrets it now???

Can SOMEONE Explain to me Why Charles "supposedly" DOESN'T LIKE SOPHIE? Someone mentioned it earlier in another post. I've also read it is gossip magazines. Does anyone know why he doesn't like his own brother's wife?

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

hippie_cyndi

Congratulation to both parents and little Louise :happy:
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

fawbert

Quote from: Lillianna on December 18, 2007, 01:58:23 AM
What's the difference? :unsure: I mean, why weren't Anne's children born "royal", while the offspring of her brothers were? (pleads ignorance)

I'm now also curious about the names he will have. I hope the Queen does not choose really antiquated names...

Under the terms of the Letters Patent of George V (1917) only the children of the sons of the sovereign are HRH Princes and Princesses. The children of daughters of the sovereign take their rank from their fathers - so as in the case of the Princess Royal (1897-1965) who married the 6th Earl of Harewood - her sons ranked as the sons of an earl. The children of Princess Margaret are styled Viscount Linley and Lady Sarah because their father was created Earl of Snowdon. Anne's children are plain Mr & Miss because their father was Capt Mark Phillips.

The Queen does not select the names of her grandchildren.

Fawbert

serene grace

So Prince Edward's children have HRH Lady, Viscount styles......but
Pss Anne's children have none ....
is that what you are saying.....? Confused?????

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

leogirl

QuoteAs is customary, the Queen is believed to have offered Mark Phillips an earldom on his wedding day, which he turned down. This may also have been the specific wish of Princess Anne, who wanted to shield future children from the publicity that courtesy titles might bring. They thus became the first grandchildren of a sovereign to carry no title.
Since Princess Anne's children are not the children of a son of the monarch, they do not hold legal titles. They are the children of the monarch's daughter.

About Prince Edward and Sophie's children:
QuoteAlthough the first-born male of the couple will use the Earl's subdsidiary title of Viscount Severn, subsequent males and [all] females would be styled by courtesy The Honourable NN Windsor or Lady NN Windsor, respectively.

Stix Chix

Harryite #0004

karla64

heather

It would be lovely if they name him Christopher Philip, after his two grandfathers. :)

Edward looks very "chuffed". :thumbsup:

aroyalfan

Good to hear she was delivered safely.  The Wessex seem like such a happy nuclear family.

serene grace

I'm still confused on the titles because Sophie and Edward's daughter is LADY Louise, but is she HRH Lady Louise...?
....whereas Princess Anne's children are just Peter and Zara am I correct.....
?help again, I'm slow on these title things...............

fairmaiden1

congradulations to Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex.