Fergie Has Sold Access to Prince Andrew for Half a Million Pounds

Started by Lucy, May 23, 2010, 05:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ursula

Yes.  And she was very, very foolish not to realize that the REAL money might be in setting her up at some point.  Ten toes later, she still doesn't have a clue.  

Scarlet Flowers

They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Kate

Quote from: drezzle on May 23, 2010, 03:43:50 PM
That's what the RF gets for being so mean and miserly towards Fergie in her divorce settlement.  She wasn't even left with a suitable home for herself and her daughters -- she had to continue to bum off Andrew.  Strange as it may seem, the RF gets what it deserves, over and over again.

After a cooling off time, I have done some rethinking....Drezzle I agree with you post, also WHY would the News of the World set up this sting on Sarah. After reading the 200 odd comments along with the article, there are several different kinds of legal businesses that set up people, to enable those people to do business together! For a fee!
NOW IF Andrew knew about this and went along with it, then he is trying to help her out, without have to go to the monarchy and ask for a bail out. These two were going to get Sarah back on her financial feet again.... then you have to ask where did all the monies go she made over the years? None of our business, maybe, but where did it all go? She doesn't have a home in England, she may have an apartment in NY. She must be surrounded by bad financial advisors.
WHOEVER set her up outght to be whiplashed, IMO.. Is this part and parcel of ,, of What?

drezzle

Kate, that's what first came to mind as well...........what is this part and parcel of?    Is there some bigger story someone is attempting to hide? 
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Ursula

My impression is that Andrew doesn't know anything about this - it's all her idea/motivation.  IMO, the big story is what she's doing, and not that she got caught.  That was inevitable.  She's been gambling for a long time now and as I said, it's catching up to her.  Had she made reasonable and sensible decisions along the way, and lived within her means, she wouldn't be "without a bean." 

Kate

I feel that Her Majesty ought to do a bit of digging and show some support for Sarah. Likely won't happen, but Her Majesty should do something positive. It was wrong to set her up like that and The News of THe World should be made to explain their actions and why they did it! That is what The Queen should ask>>> IMO

I agree with Ursula, to a point. What has happened with her being broke, happened. THis issue, to me is WHY was she set up? Who asked that this happen? It was NOT illegal what she did...and by chance had Andrew gone along with her, he is trying to help her once again. Plus she did not get very much upon leaving the RF, and all these years saying nice positive things about them on any TV show she has been on, certainly has not gained her a Xmas invite for dinner from Her Majesty! :)  Also she didn't want the RF or the Grey men to see her as a loose canon and might have to be gotten rid of!! So she played the game their way!

drezzle

Maybe Prince Philip heard the rumors they were waiting till he died so they could get married again, and this is his way of trying to make that not happen?  Who knows?   "The Housekeeper's Diary" did paint Sarah has thoroughly unlikeable -- opportunistic, ultimately inconsiderate and snobbish and trying to make it with Charles.   
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Adele

Just watched the video of her on the news.  :( I didn't want to believe it was true.  :notamused:

Cherryite # 002

Countess of Highgrove

Wow,would have never figured about her and Charles. Sounds like quite a can of worms here,doesn't it?

Ursula

Quote from: Countess of Highgrove on May 23, 2010, 06:25:12 PM
Wow,would have never figured about her and Charles. Sounds like quite a can of worms here,doesn't it?

Oh yes, and NOT the little cat food variety either. 

ap3

the video and accompanying articles' quotes of other conversations between her and the reporter leave me feeling a little sick: they are so self-serving, greedy, whining, and her willingness to use not only her ex-husband but her daughters (come sit at the table with bea and me - it's so cool!) is awful to see and read.

what kind of mother lets her daughters support her, when she has her own income?

i've always suspected, and said, that fergie uses her daughters to keep the "royal" spotlight on her (dragging them with her to parties, charity outings, vacations - where she always made sure she was photogrpahed with them) and some trappings of royalty to herself (ie, the rpo's, which apparently she (and andrew) fight to keep for them).

she is in the mess because of her extravagant lifestyle.  articles about her have talked about her out-of-control spending and lifestyle.  i remember her being quoted in an article about how she has to maintain an expensive house, servants, lifestyle (she insisted her cook povided the same type and variety of breakfast for her and her daughters even if they only ever ate a small portion of it) because her daughters are "the queen's grandchildren" and its only right.

and she brags about being an aristocrat and how wonderful it all is!

the queen doesn't owe her a thing.  the queen paid off her debts at least once during her marriage that i remember, not to mention supplementing andrew's officer's pay to pay for their lifestyles.

sarah didn't get as much as diana, because diana was married to the heir to the throne (with his own income), and mother to the next in line.  the settlement was mostly for a trust fund for the girls.  i also remember her being promised a house, which i think i remember she found too small and paid the difference to trade up.  and she wisely chose "friendship" with the royals to cash (not that andrew had much), because she needed their goodwill since she had been caught having affairs - not because she "wanted her freedom".

i wonder if she really believes her own delusions?  or if she consciously rewrites history to fit her current needs.

amabel

Quote from: Kate on May 23, 2010, 05:07:59 PM
I feel that Her Majesty ought to do a bit of digging and show some support for Sarah. Likely won't happen, but Her Majesty should do something positive. It was wrong to set her up like that and The News of THe World should be made to explain their actions and why they did it! That is what The Queen should ask>>> IMO

I agree with Ursula, to a point. What has happened with her being broke, happened. THis issue, to me is WHY was she set up? Who asked that this happen? It was NOT illegal what she did...and by chance had Andrew gone along with her, he is trying to help her once again. Plus she did not get very much upon leaving the RF, and all these years saying nice positive things about them on any TV show she has been on, certainly has not gained her a Xmas invite for dinner from Her Majesty! :)  Also she didn't want the RF or the Grey men to see her as a loose canon and might have to be gotten rid of!! So she played the game their way!

Its not illegal?  Technically no, but seh's completely compromising Andrew's role as an honourable trade envoy for Britain by her behavour.  I used to say there was no harm in Fergie but I see that I was wrong...
and if "Andrew had gone along with her" it woudl be a disgrace for him....

drezzle

QuoteShe has also exposed herself to possible blackmail and endangered royal security - including that of her own daughters Beatrice and Eugenie - all for "a lick of the spoon" to save her bacon, as she crudely put it.

I can't imagine her daughters will be happy with their mother over this statement.

QuoteIt beggars belief. To many, especially the grey-suited royal courtiers who really run the Monarchy, Sarah has been a bad joke ever since the infamous toe-sucking pictures, ever since she threw bread rolls around the first-class cabin on a transatlantic aircraft. Perhaps, for many, ever since 'It's A Royal Knockout.'

Maybe Diana acted as matchmaker between Andrew and Fergie more out of revenge on the RF for their letting someone matchmake her into a marriage from hell?  

QuoteNow she is clearly desperate. She says she is close to bankruptcy.

One of the reasons - apart from her compulsive spending - is the fact that the British royal family hung her out to dry when she and Prince Andrew divorced in 1996.

She secured an absurdly paltry divorce deal - £15,000 a year, which was half his Royal Navy salary at the time. She was left with no house, no car, not even that pot. (and 3 million in debt)...........................I am sure the Queen is rueing the day she did not dig a little deeper with a substantial clean break deal. 

wannable

Hale

QuoteI have often wondered why Beatrice and Eugenie did not help their mother but maybe there are stipulations in the trust funds prohibiting it.

COH, its in the original article that her daughters do help.

Also it is clear in the video that Andrew was not involved.  Sarah says, "He's whiter than white."

What I should like to know is she was paid 2 million a year by Weightwatchers, where has all the money gone?  Plus she was one of the Producers of the Young Victoria film.  That did well as far as I know.

Countess of Highgrove

I think Sarah's lifestyle and debt out outweigh her earnings.

wannable

gec

I wonder what happened to the 40,000 pounds cash deposit she was given. Do you think she has returned it?

angieuk

Drezzle  ... LOVE your beautiful cat ... is she yours?

Countess of Highgrove

Interesting question,gec...

Richard Palmer continues to update this story via tweets.

BP has now denied any involvment by Andrew as has Fergie herself.

drezzle

Quote from: angieuk on May 23, 2010, 09:16:07 PM
Drezzle  ... LOVE your beautiful cat ... is she yours?

Thanks Angieuk.  We did have a cat that looked just like her for ~12 years.  Now this is our Purdy Gurl:  http://www.imageshugger.com/images/q46oijvavlwl1igjok6.jpg

Lady63

You would have thought she would have learnt from past experience, hers and the Countess of Wessex, but obviously with the court actions being taken out against her, she is deseperate for money.  It's sad really because few within the Royal family are lilly white, most have had run ins with the press and been caught out doing things they shouldn't.  You would hope, those in glass houses would not throw stones, but hey we are talking the Royals here.  I think she has done her dash and will need to retreat for a long time.  It's sad really because she did dig herself out of debt, by her own efforts and it took her years to do it but somehow I don't think she is going to be able to do it again.  As for Prince Andrew, well who knows if he truly knew, I don't think we are ever going to know that's for sure.

Regards,
lady63
You Can't Fix Stupid

Adele

Quote from: Countess of Highgrove on May 23, 2010, 09:23:45 PM
BP has now denied any involvment by Andrew as has Fergie herself.

I don't think he needs the money quite as much :teehee:

Cherryite # 002

Countess of Highgrove

What repercussions will Fergie suffer over this?

My guess is that her relationship with Andrew and her girls will be damaged for sure and it will take her much time to regain their trust but what else?