Main Menu

Recent posts

Once again the old perennial question of mine with all these polls, why do these survey firms put non working royals on them? They are not representing Britain or the monarchy in their everyday lives, nor are they, with the possible exception of Andrew, costing the British taxpayer one penny. So why are they there? So the media can rejoice once more as they do every week that the Sussexes are back of the pack, is my guess, or what?

If I were Palace officials I'd be more worried about Camilla's figures (Charles's have gone up because of his cancer) and why the monarchy's approval ratings are now consistently hovering around 60%, about 8 to 12% less than they were pre Sept 2023 before the late Queen's death.
Colorized photograph of Queen Maud of Norway with Prince Olav   
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/34058540921795677
Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 12, 2024, 07:35:02 AMDaily Mail: Meghan Markle thanks Nigerians for welcoming her to 'my country': Duchess of Sussex, who says she's '43% Nigerian' tells audience in Abuja she hopes she can 'do justice' to being a 'role model' as she attends event without Harry

"My country" is an odd choice of words imo.

It seems odd to say the least, if not a bit pretentious.  My ancestors are English, Irish, and Croatian, but I could not say that England, Ireland, or Croatia are 'my' countries or 'my' home.     
Quote from: Curryong on May 12, 2024, 01:24:24 AMhttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13407731/Meghan-Markle-stuns-red-Duchess-dons-outfit-day-royal-tour-Nigeria.html

She told the audience: 'I want to start by saying thank you very much for just how gracious you've all been in welcoming my husband and I to this country... my country.'

She also added: 'I am just flattered and honored and inspired. It has been a whirlwind 24 hours since we arrived, and I very quickly got the memo that I need to wear more colour, so I can fit in with all of you and your incredible fashion.'

I thought she was an American, did she change her nationality now?
Yes, yet we have to remember that Meghan will do what she wants when she wants something and say what she wants to get her own way.   She will break all boundaries in any event regardless of what it is as long as Meghan has her own way......her actions show us that she thinks she is above everyone even Harry, arrogant, privileged, self-entitled are a few descriptions of Meghan.