Lord Frederick Windsor, Sophie Winkleman news and chat

Started by PrincessKLS, August 29, 2006, 03:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessKLS

A thread for Lord Frederik Windsor, Sophie Winkleman and family's  news and general chat

Okay I only know a few of the British royals such as the Queen, Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince Harry, Camilla, Prince Andrew, the late Princess of Wales, Dianna, Zara Phillips, Camilla's children (who aren't royal) Fergie (Sarah Ferguson), and a few others. But Freddie doesn't ring a bell?

whisperofsound

Freddie is the son of Prince Micheal of Kent and his wife,  :thumbsup:

his full name without the middle names if any is i believe Lord Freddie Windsor i believe.

:hiya:

Welcome All New and Old Today and Everyday

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Lila the Flirt

QuoteFull name: Frederick ("Freddie") Michael George David Louis
Title: Lord (Frederick) Windsor
Born: St. Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London, Great Britain, April 6th, 1979

Parents: Prince Michael of Kent (1942) and 1978, Marie-Christine Baroness of Reibnitz (1945)
Sister: Gabriella (1981)

Education: Ludgrove preparatory school, Wokingham, Berkshire; Eton College (1992-1998); Magdalen College, Oxford University (1998-) - classical literature; trainee at a bank (2001).

Hobbies: play the piano, music (Radiohead, Neil Young, U2, David Bowie), soccer (Manchester United), tennis.

Further facts: has green eyes, did some model work in 2000 for designer Tomasz Starzewski and Burberry.

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

AHoch82

Harryite #0040

PrincessOfPeace

Lady Frederick Windsor on turning 40, homeschooling her daughters and Princess Beatrices royal wedding

Princess Beatrice's wedding praised by fellow royal family member Sophie Winkleman | HELLO!

TLLK

Sanditon to return for 2nd and 3rd series ? royal star likely to play character in the show ? Royal Central

QuoteLady Frederick Windsor, known professionally as Sophie Winkleman, plays Lady Susan, a fan favourite. After studying at Cambridge, she married Lord Frederick Windsor, son of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, in 2009 at Hampton Court Palace. The two have two daughters, Maud (born in 2013) and Isabella (born in 2016).

Her character, Lady Susan, is a society friend and confidant to Charlotte, with the respect of the beau monde behind her. Sanditon fans immediately embraced Susan, and they are hoping for her return in the upcoming series. Winkleman has acted in several different projects, including The Chronicles of Narnia, Peep Show, and Two and A Half Men.

When Sanditon does return to our screens, there is a good likelihood that the Prince Regent (future King George IV) might appear. As fashionable society would retire to seaside towns for a season in the summer, an appearance from Prinny would mark the height of fashion.

Curryong

What is Royal Central going on about! I wish journalists would stop referring to distant relatives of the Queen as ?royal?. Sophie Winkelman is the daughter in law of a cousin of the Queen. Her father in law, Prince Michael (who I see has just been caught in a sting operation involving alleged access to Putin) and his wife Princess Michael could be considered as members of the BRF (just) but not their children and spouses or grandchildren.

TLLK

@Curryong-While I agree that Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor are not styled and titled royals, I believe that the author is just making a general reference to them being part of the larger royal family.

Interested in seeing how she'll take part as a new member of the cast of Sandition. I don't believe that Sophie's been cast in a Regency period drama before.

Sophie Winkleman - IMDb

TLLK

IMHO it was one of the better decades for women's fashions.

Curryong

As always I suppose, Regency fashions suited the young, the tallish, and above all the slender. When the fashion is to have low d?colletage and a short bodice high up on the rib cage, it was best not to be big breasted and/or short and dumpy. The caricaturists of the time were quick to jump on the fashion and although  their cartoons show gross exaggeration, it wasn?t too far removed from the truth.

Of course cotton and lighter fabrics all round helped with cleanliness for everyone. So did having few petticoats and not having to wear wigs. Wigs were often just storehouses for vermin. However, I saw a TV programme once that examined how Regency clothing was cut. It was not only tight across the bodice but the way the short sleeves were inlaid in the garments left very little room to even lift the arms up properly. (Of course most people who had a little money would accommodate the fashions to their own shape. However, if you had a huge bosom and large stomach I do think Regency fashions would be the reverse of flattering.)

TLLK

@Curryong-I can understand why ladies in a "certain condition" chose to hide themselves away during the latter part of their pregnancies when it came to their fashion choices.

PrincessOfPeace

Lord Freddie and Sophie, the Lady Frederick Windsor (aka Sophie Winkleman) were spotted in London.

https://twitter.com/The_QVDS/status/1470490816217075727?s=20

LouisFerdinand

It was interesting that the one lady commented that Freddie was still dressing like it was 2008. Doe she not know he had been a model at one time?   

:brr: :brr: :brr: :brr:

Curryong

Being a male model many years ago doesn?t mean that the person will retain a close interest in fashion for the rest of their life though. As you get older you often tend to dress for comfort rather than style, especially as the lifestyle changes.

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on December 13, 2021, 08:31:21 PM
Lord Freddie and Sophie, the Lady Frederick Windsor (aka Sophie Winkleman) were spotted in London.

https://twitter.com/The_QVDS/status/1470490816217075727?s=20

I'm so glad to see Sophie whole and well again after that terrible accident a few years ago. As for her husband, well he looks pretty happy in those pictures so he's likely dressing for comfort as @Curryong pointed out.

LouisFerdinand

On July 12, 2019 Lord Frederick Windsor and his wife Sophie attended the Wimbledon Tennis Championships.   
Lord Frederick Windsor and Sophie Winkleman attend day eleven of the... News Photo - Getty Images     

:xmas13: :xmas13: :xmas13: :xmas13: :xmas13: :xmas13: :xmas13: :xmas13: :xmas13: :xmas13:

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Here's Sophie's article in full. (It's mostly about her recent audition-she got the part for Sandition, fundraising, her faith and Christmas with a few lines about the senior royals). Some of you might recall that Sophie was severely injured with a broken back  from  a car accident in 2017. She has said that both Charles and William were especially supportive with the former sending his own staff to help out with housekeeping and cooking for the family while she was in the hospital.

The uncomplaining bravery of the senior royals | The Spectator

QuoteThis Christmas will be spent in London. I love a London Christmas. The streets are quiet, the parks are empty ? it?s a bit like lockdown London but without the masks. We?ll see my parents on Christmas Day and some of my husband Freddie?s relations in various locations. I cherish my growing closeness to the senior members of the royal family who are so hardworking, uncomplaining and brave in the face of relentless and brutal media attention, criticism, lies, undermining and fictional TV programmes ? and always so good to me that I?m honoured to know them.

I thoroughly enjoyed her article and I hope that she does a little more writing in the future.

TLLK

Sophie Winkleman aka Lady Frederick Windsor is returning to the small screen again with the latest adaptation of Belgravia.

QuoteWhen actress Sophie Winkleman married Lord Frederick Windsor, the son of Prince Michael of Kent, she officially became a member of the Royal Family in 2009.

Despite this, her acting days were far from over. Best known for her role as Big Suze on Channel 4?s Peep Show, she continued to use her own name in her professional life, playing Mrs Hamilton in Death in Paradise in 2011, Lady Susan Worcester in 2019?s Sanditon and most recently, Kathleen in 2022?s This is Going to Hurt.Now, the Mail?s Richard Eden has reported that the 42-year-old actress is set to play ?Lady Rochester?: one of the pivotal roles of the second season of Julian Fellowes? TV series, titled Belgravia.

Its first season aired on ITV in 2020, starring Ella Purnell as Lady Maria Grey, and Jack Bardoe as Charles Pope, along with Philip Glenister and Tamsin Greig. Set in 19th century Belgravia and based on Fellowes?s 2016 serialised novel, which was initially released as a mobile-phone or tablet app, the plot hinges on the British class conflicts of the period. The TV series begins at the Duke of Richmond?s Ball in 1815, which was held for the Duke of Wellington on the eve of the Battle of Quatre Bras, two days before the Battle of Waterloo.Lady Frederick Windsor is to star as an aristocrat in Julian Fellowes? dazzling period drama, Belgravia | Tatler

LouisFerdinand