President Trump will visit UK for NATO SUMMIT December 2-4,2019

Started by sara8150, November 15, 2019, 04:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

Is the reception likely to be well publicized? Visits like this are sometimes very fast moving and we don't get pictures or much coverage. Of course, the POW does not seem to approve of Mr. Trump - it will interesting to see if he is there.

TLLK

Confirmation that the Queen, PoW and Duchess of Cornwall will be attending the NATO reception on Dec. 3, 2019.

Twitter

QuotePrince Charles and Duchess Camilla are confirmed to accompany The Queen at a reception marking the 70th Anniversary of the NATO Alliance at Buckingham Palace on Dec 3rd.

PrincessOfPeace

The Queen will host a reception for NATO leaders, spouses or partners, and delegations, at Buckingham Palace to mark 70 years of the NATO alliance.

The Queen, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra will also welcome the guests in the State Rooms of Buckingham Palace.

- Buckingham Palace

wannable

Yes, I predicted the Duchess of Cambridge would do a solo, whilst William is in Oman and Kuwait.  Kate is the ''media'' main draw for front page news.  The format will be 3rd Dec, NATO front page, and a smaller next to box article of William.

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on November 26, 2019, 04:46:44 PM
The Queen will host a reception for NATO leaders, spouses or partners, and delegations, at Buckingham Palace to mark 70 years of the NATO alliance.

The Queen, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra will also welcome the guests in the State Rooms of Buckingham Palace.

- Buckingham Palace
Nine members of the BRF will be there to honor the 70th anniversary of the NATO pact. This is an impressive gathering IMHO.

wannable

Quite, they each can walk the room, it will be busy to attend and host more personalized than the diplomatic reception; it would be 1 royal to 10 personalized in this special occasion, taking into account 1 NATO country president, their spouse, their ambassador in the UK, the ambassador's spouse, multiply by 29 countries with each country attending at least 4 guests per country (the 2 x 2). 

sandy

Quote from: wannable on November 26, 2019, 04:53:08 PM
Yes, I predicted the Duchess of Cambridge would do a solo, whilst William is in Oman and Kuwait.  Kate is the ''media'' main draw for front page news.  The format will be 3rd Dec, NATO front page, and a smaller next to box article of William.

HM is always the main draw. Then Charles. If the Duchess of Cambridge did a solo she would be the main draw but with the top two there and her being a consort not a monarch or future monarch, she will have to play third fiddle IMO. It should also not be about "what Kate wears." I am glad the Queen is going about her business. Camilla also comes ahead of Kate so maybe Kate is fourth Fiddle.

sara8150

Palace shares royal guest list for NATO reception - and Prince Andrew isn't on it - Mirror Online
Duke of York are not on invited lists

Duke and Duchess of Sussex are on six weeks breaking from engagement

Duke of Cambridge on tours in Kuwait 🇰🇼 and Oman 🇴🇲

Quote"The Queen, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra will welcome the guests in the State Rooms of Buckingham Palace."

sandy

I like that Princess Alexandra and the Gloucesters will be there too and Princess Anne and Edward.

wannable

As I said ''MEDIA'' wise.

Of course, Kate's picture will be front and center for the media. For the media she is the main draw and the clicks.

sandy

I disagree she's the main draw. I think under the circumstances it will be more about the Elephant not in the room that nobody wants to mention , first initial A. And how HM is coping.

wannable

A strategic move from BP will be a picture of Trump, Melania and Kate for a no Andrew mention.   :nod:

Rebecca English
‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail

I?ve just checked and understand and that The Countess of Wessex has a long-standing private engagement.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on November 26, 2019, 06:04:03 PM
A strategic move from BP will be a picture of Trump, Melania and Kate for a no Andrew mention.   :nod:

Rebecca English
‏Verified account
@RE_DailyMail

I?ve just checked and understand and that The Countess of Wessex has a long-standing private engagement.

Thank you for sharing this as it was unusual that Sophie would not be present at this event. I wonder if Cmdr. Timothy Lawrence will be present?

sara8150

Gert?s Royals Twitter says
QuotePalace confirms royal attendance at the Queen?s reception for #NATO leaders at Buckingham Palace on 3rd December:

Queen
Prince Charles & Duchess Camilla
Duchess Kate
Prince Edward
Princess Anne
Duke & Duchess of Gloucester
Princess Alexandra
Twitter

QuoteA few working royals are will be missing from the NATO Reception

William - Overseas Visit

Harry & Meghan - Break

Sophie - ?

Duke of Kent - Not sure if he?s on a break (or if his engagements aren?t entered in the Royal diary) but nothing listed for December.
Twitter

Double post auto-merged: November 27, 2019, 02:04:17 AM

No invite for Prince Andrew as Queen welcomes Trump back to Britain after Epstein scandal ? The Sun

TLLK

^^^ According to Rebecca English, Sophie has a long standing engagement scheduled for that evening so that explains her absence.