Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding St George's Chapel Windsor 19/5/18 - Part 3

Started by SophieChloe, April 14, 2018, 05:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

sara8150

Meghan Markle's family claim her father still has no idea if he will walk her down the aisle and they have been 'left in the dark' over invites
Meghan's family are left in the dark over royal wedding invite | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Windsor is in full preperation mode for the #RoyalWedding ? Royal Central

QuoteVisitors will have access to viewing areas along the entire procession route (Castle Hill, High Street, Sheet Steet, Kings Road, Albert Road and the Long Walk).

Double post auto-merged: April 15, 2018, 09:11:52 PM

Will this be the royal carriage Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will use on their wedding day? ? Royal Central

I believe that they'll go with the Ascot Landau as it was already "tested" on this route with Edward and Sophie's wedding. It appears to be more maneuverable in Windsor's narrow streets which will be several people deep on either side and lined with police officers. Any Armed Forces Members who might be on horseback  in the front or back will also have to be considered as well.

Double post auto-merged: April 15, 2018, 10:34:20 PM

I'd like to reiterate that I believe that they will use the smaller carriage solely because it will be easier to drive through narrow streets and not because this is a reflection of how the BRF views the wedding. While it isn't a state or semi state affair, it is the private wedding of a Prince of the UK. Like his Uncle Edward, I believe that the carriage procession was always going to be in the plans.

Double post auto-merged: April 15, 2018, 10:37:18 PM

60 Minutes: Germaine Greer offers bleak prediction for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's marriage

Double post auto-merged: April 15, 2018, 10:38:04 PM

IMHO Ms. Greer's own outlook on marriage colors her view of how Harry and Meghan will do in the future.  :shrug:

LouisFerdinand

If only one daughter of Peter Phillips is a flower girl, which daughter will it be: Savannah or Isla?

TLLK

I think that both will be in the ceremony if they opt to have Peter and/or Zara's children involved.

Curryong

For little page boys I'd almost put money on George and Jasper Dyer, godson of Harry's and about the same age. Harry is still close to Mark and Meghan and he used to have meals at the pub in Chelsea Mark owned at one time.

Leaving aside what adult female attendant there may or may not be, if there is going to be a gaggle of little bridesmaids I hope to hell that, besides Charlotte, not all come from the groom's side.

The Cambridge wedding had no Middleton attendants besides Pippa. They all came from William's side. The Yorks had a good sprinkling of both probably because Sarah had half-siblings and lots of other friends and relatives. Sophie had only two pages, two bridesmaids, which is fine though unusual for Royal nuptials, but at least one page boy, one bridesmaid, were the children of her close old friends.

Meghan hasn't any little nieces, but she does have close friends with young daughters, including ones she has described as her 'fairy god-daughters'. I would hope that some of these will be chosen instead of, lovely as Isla and Mia are, the children of cousins of the groom.

TLLK

It would be nice to see representation from both sides. I believe that with William and Kate their friends either had just gotten married and had no children yet, or their babies were too young to participate in the event. Little Grace Van Cutsem and Laura Lopes were just barely old enough to be involved in such a large scale occasion IMO.

We'll just have to wait a few weeks to see if Jessica Mulroney's daughter is going to be part of the bridal party.  :)

sara8150

?I think she?ll bolt. She bolted before?: Outspoken feminist icon Germaine Greer predicts doom for Meghan and Harry?s marriage as she slams the royal family
Feminist Germaine Greer says Meghan Markle will only marry Prince Harry because of his family wealth | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: April 16, 2018, 03:28:39 AM

'She will BOLT' Germaine Greer says Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'will NOT last'
Royal Wedding: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will not last says Germaine Greer | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Royal wedding: Meghan Markle?s NEPHEW goes to POT for a wedding gift
Royal wedding: Meghan Markle?s nephew goes to pot for a wedding gift | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Curryong

Germaine is very entertaining and often tongue in cheek. However, I think we know why 60 Minutes got a feminist republican who is anti-marriage to comment on a forthcoming Royal wedding.

As for 'bolting', Greer should know all about that. Her sole venture into matrimony lasted a matter of weeks in 1968.

royalanthropologist

Mischief making on the part of Greer. Meghan did not "bolt". She found that the marriage was no longer to her liking and returned the ring...something which I personally consider to be very mature. It is certainly better than engaging in a long drawn out court battle when there are no children involved. I wonder why some people in the press are wishing this couple bad luck even before they start their marriage?

But she is right on one thing. Royal life can be boring as hell if you are a career woman that is used to doing your own thing.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

wannable

If it does happen, the affected will be Harry and Meghan. I do wish for a happy marriage until death does them apart.

As cold as it may sound, the line of succession is secured.

Curryong

^ That doesn't mean that the rest of the BRF are of no account or importance. And I very much doubt that Harry and Meghan spend every waking moment thinking about the line of succession. To Harry George and Charlotte are his very much loved niece, nephew and new baby, no more, no less.

wannable

It was created and exists, Bill of Rights 1689 and the Act of Settlement 1701, and the people are numbered 1 to 65, so there is an importance from top to bottom.

If there ever is a constitutional crisis from the top individual (i.e. Charles, which has been discussed in past and present by both journalists and public comments), the line is secured by number 2 and so forth. The creation of said line is brilliant, no matter what the individuals decide to do, stay married, divorce, forfeit, decline, etc. they only need to scratch that name off the list and every other will jump up a position. 

As I said, if Greer prediction happens, the only affected will be Harry the 6th in line and Meghan, the BRF will carry on.

Curryong

Nobody has said that the rest of the BRF will be affected (though they will be saddened) if there is a divorce between Harry and Meghan. God knows there have been enough divorces in that family in the past and everyone's kept their position.

I know there is a line of succession and the history of it. That doesn't mean that members of the BRF think about it morning, noon and night all their lives.

When Anne visits Edward she doesn't think to herself 'I must visit my brother HRH Prince Edward, the current 9th in succession to the Throne for tea today'.

When the Queen sees Andrew at Windsor she doesn't think 'Here is Andrew, my son and the (current) sixth in succession to the Throne. And Beatrice, my granddaughter, who is seventh. I wonder how they are getting on'.

To the family each individual is a brother, sister, niece, nephew, cousin and so on. When William and Harry are together they're brothers. William doesn't view Harry as an inferior, just as his younger brother. He doesn't see his wife Kate primarily as a future Queen Consort. None of them stand on ceremony with each other, especially the younger members, except with the Queen.

And all working members of the BRF play their part in keeping the royal family relevant and in the public eye.

wannable

They know what it entails to the establishment, what it means, and the number they are in line, the bloodline especially. They were born into said establishment, if they think about it daily weekly monthly yearly is their own business. The important matter is that they know what happens when what and why. 

Hence there is no consequences if H&M bolt. The line is already secured.

Curryong

Why would Harry bolt? That was Germaine being tongue in cheek as she often is. As an Aussie I'm used to her little jokes. Harry has just been given a new Commonwealth position and he shows no sign of going anywhere, except round the Commonwealth. And Harry and Meghan aren't even married yet!

wannable

Perhaps reading all my post related helps, the IF, the Wish until death does them apart, the facts of line of succession....

Curryong

Again the inference is that the 'walk on water' Cambridges are the most important people in the BRF and those around them are nothings in comparison.

I tell you what, who doesn't everyone not in the direct line retire from public life, the Wessexes, Anne, Andrew, Harry and the cousins, Kent and Gloucester? After all it's so obvious that all of them are so unimportant in the scheme of things.

William, Kate, and their children can tackle all that Charles/Camilla don't do.
Five year old George can do science, technology, Charlotte lifeboats, and Save the Children, Kate can be everywhere performing Sophie's engagements, William and Kate can take over 690 engagements a year each including the Royal Foundation's (that should keep them busy) and the new baby can try Investitures and military appointments.
Delete

wannable

From 1 to 65 in the line, someone can and may take over who is lacking or deleted from the top.

Curryong

Oh, so the Cambridges might not be able to manage it all, if the rest of the working BRF retired, and might, just might, have to recruit others to help? Well wonders will never cease! I thought they were superhuman!

Oh, and retiring from active duties in the BRF doesn't mean losing one's line in the succession.

wannable

That is a good point, the Queen is still Queen despite semi retiring...handing out, Harry won't be King, but he may be doing duties now, for his father, then brother.

Times are changing. We will wait and see how King Charles will handle his Kingdom. 

LouisFerdinand

Which boy will be the ring bearer?   :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

sara8150

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on April 16, 2018, 06:44:24 PM

I don?t know wait till may 19th who would be?!?

Double post auto-merged: April 16, 2018, 07:26:31 PM

I don?t think Peter and Zara would include flowers girls for their girls at Cambridge?s wedding in 2011 and Harry?s wedding also but we have wait and see till may 19th who would be?!? But George and Charlotte would be perfect for bridal party

TLLK

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on April 16, 2018, 06:44:24 PM
No ring bearer as the adult "supporter" will have the ring with him.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Official royal wedding tea towel goes on sale | Daily Mail Online

Well the tea towels are out, no backing out now (although her face isnt on them, so maybe theres some wiggle room). Hope you know what youre doing Harry.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.