Diana's Pearls

Started by Lindelle, September 17, 2010, 12:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emme

Thank you Lindelle for sharing wonderful pictures of Diana!  The jewelry is breathtaking!!!   :thumbsup:

Lindelle

Windsor

Lovely photos of the Late Diana, Princess of Wales - thanks for sharing!

Trudie

Lindelle thank you for sharing all these lovely photos. Like the pearls she wore Diana was as unique and as beautiful as each and every pearl.

Windsor

Indeed, unique like every pearl!  :) :flower:

Hale

:P  What lovely pics of Diana.  What a STAR Diana was.  Love all the pearls.   :)

Thanks for sharing Lindelle.   :heart: :blowkiss:

Lindelle

Hey guys, your all very welcome.
I hadn't seen some of them myself.

Mike

How many of these jewels were Diana's personal property?
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Lindelle

amabel

Quote from: Lindelle on October 01, 2010, 04:29:29 AM
Don't know.

she had hte use of royal jewels as part of her divorce settlement, but obivously they weren't hers.  I think that she probably woudl not wear the jewellery that was her "own" on public occasions...

Lindelle

I tend to agree that's probably the go.

amabel

Quote from: Lindelle on October 02, 2010, 07:06:05 AM
I tend to agree that's probably the go.
I think that I read soemwhere that when William was born Charles bought her a necklace to commemorate the birith but I think that it is one that we've never seen since seh probalby only wore it at private occasions...

Lindelle

amabel

Quote from: Lindelle on October 02, 2010, 09:15:45 AM
Wonder which one?
I beleive it was a pearl necklace with some other stone in the centre.. nad I think he also gave her a charm bracelet with somehting on it as a memento of W's birth....

Lindelle

I remember her wearing a charm bracelet at times.

spookyboo

:thankyou:

The pictures were wonderful to look at I think my favorite is/was the 7 strand choker w/rubies and diamond spacers... stunning!!!

I to wonder what happend to her actually jewelery apart from the engagement ring Harry took and that which belonged to the royal family...
  Yes he's Yummy!w/o a hat!

Gwendolyn

Beautiful, Lindelle!  Thanks for sharing.

What a woman.
"I'm going to make a heroine whom no one but myself will much like." --Jane Austen

WinnieMTP

Quote from: Lindelle on September 17, 2010, 12:11:47 PM
http://dianasjewels.net/pearlnecklaces.htm

What a beauty...she is!
I also had a look at the ear rings...and especially this one:

http://dianasjewels.net/Earrings/0000303625-001.jpg

THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
closed account.

Lindelle

Lothwen

Diana wore jewelery well-it looks like she's wearing the jewlery instead of it wearing her, if that makes any sense.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Lindelle

Plenty of sense here Lothwen.
Like when they used to say Raquel Welch could make a hesham bag look good.

Trudie

For anyone curious about the necklace Charles gave Diana to celebrate Williams birth you can see it in the photos of baby William and Diana in which she was wearing a light brown dress. I believe these were the first photos of William. As for many of Diana's pearls I remember reading that she often wore fakes along with real ones. The only pearl necklace I remember her wearing that was not hers was the one she wore as she left BP for her honeymoon. That pearl choker belonged to her sister Lady Sarah.