'It's ok to be shy'Prince William and Kate talk about problems young people face

Started by Jennifer, September 19, 2016, 08:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

I think the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge mentioned important points about children and their shyness. Not a lot of parents tell their children that it is acceptable to be shy. They usually tell their children to be very talkative and make as many friends as they can. As a shy person, I feel that this should not be a requirement. I was that way because I was unsure of who to trust and wanted to be careful about the friends I chose. I believe that having the right friends is important and that not everyone is just not the best choice. There are some people who are unpleasant and I avoid communicating with these individuals.

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William reassured young people at school that you don't have to be sociable.

During Friday's visit to Stewards Academy in Harlow, Essex, the royals - who are raising awareness for the Heads Together campaign - spoke to concerned parents from the school where they discussed how they can encourage their children to talk about big changes in their lives.

Kate, 34, told the group that it's perfectly fine for their child to be 'shy' as she continued to highlight a positive national conversation about mental health problems.

Read more:
Kate Middleton and Prince William talk about the pressures young people face
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

IMHO it is a hereditary trait. Both of William's parents would be or were considered shy.