The Iffy-Wiff Club: Prince Harry and Meghan's future plans Part 1

Started by Nightowl, May 25, 2023, 04:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Laphonza Butler will be covering the temporary Senator for California for 13 months, November 2024 there will be general elections.

In 37 states, the governor makes an appointment to fill a U.S. Senate vacancy, and the appointee serves until the next regularly scheduled statewide general election. The person elected in that election serves for the remainder of the unexpired term.

California

If the vacancy occurs more than 148 days before the regular primary, the election is held the following November. If the vacancy occurs within 148 days before the primary, the vacancy election is held at the second November election after the vacancy occurs.

^ Laphonza moved to California 2009, but her heart (registered vote) is in Maryland.

wannable

After several days reading US political unbiased and biased experts from both party inclination's or not, yes there has been a lot of non experienced famous public people entering the political arena, few successful, most unsuccessful. Most of these experts didn't give Meghan Markle a chance, because her (and Harry's) thin skin brand which they themselves made very public is a red flag in politics.

wannable

Last out of thread comment:

''Butler is registered to vote in Maryland but will switch her registration to California." That's all it takes? So he *could* have named Michelle Obama.

Gavin Newsom picks Laphonza Butler as Dianne Feinstein replacement - POLITICO

^ Politico is the highest and best US and international political media outlet, magazine.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on October 02, 2023, 12:59:05 PM
After several days reading US political unbiased and biased experts from both party inclination's or not, yes there has been a lot of non experienced famous public people entering the political arena, few successful, most unsuccessful. Most of these experts didn't give Meghan Markle a chance, because her (and Harry's) thin skin brand which they themselves made very public is a red flag in politics.

As the story about Meghan wishing to be considered for Sen. Feinstein?s vacant position appears to have been nothing more than a rumour (and Washington is always full of rumours) I never gave this story any credence any -way. These stories about Meghan wanting to aim for the White House have been around since she and Harry settled in California and came from British media at the time. She herself has never publicly expressed any wish to enter either House nor to be a Governor. She is a politically involved female who enjoys advocating and lobbying it seems to me, nothing more, nothing less.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on October 02, 2023, 01:04:47 PM
Last out of thread comment:

''Butler is registered to vote in Maryland but will switch her registration to California." That's all it takes? So he *could* have named Michelle Obama.

Gavin Newsom picks Laphonza Butler as Dianne Feinstein replacement - POLITICO

^ Politico is the highest and best US and international political media outlet, magazine.

I don?t know about Politico being ?the best?. As it?s centre leaning and a little to the Left I don?t think that many hard right Republicans would agree with that assessment. And its writers have been accused of anti Semitism in articles on a couple of occasions in the past. However it is certainly quite moderate in its editorial stance for the most part. 

wannable

She dipped herself into several USA political issues factually. She never followed up, fact. She was given two phone numbers by a Democratic senator of two Republican senators, that was a test, which Meghan failed, she didn't follow up. The two Republican senators; 1 received her call - hello hello hello, M stayed silent on the phone, like a teenager, hanged up. The other waited for the call, she didn't receive one, so she called Meghan, who didn't answer the phone.  These two Republican senators were willing to discuss with Meghan - Susan Collins and Shelley Moore Capito - to lobby for paid parental leave.

Blaiming the ''British media'' won't fly, because Meghan herself has made her bandwagon move of one, she has no discipline to carry out a short/mid/long term political projects. The above was a huge lifetime opportunity. She would have had a chance according to several dems/reps IF IF IF she had followed through. It would have been considered despite the thin skin bad track she has. 

She also appeared in a video add to vote for Biden. Vote Democratic.

Are you stating that only the US media can report about her and not the BM? She still carries and uses the Duchess of Sussex.

wannable

US political experts: She is thin skinned, she doesn't stick to projects - it's a whim. BLM, Abortion, Parental paid leave. Thus this one offs are called by these ''political experts'' as one off dipping themselves to see IF they have ''influence'', the job of a Influencer.   She does not have it, the latest 'let's see if I have the influencer power is her Instagram account. Her agent Ari notified the media, the media made an article with her Instagram handle, based on the article - a powerful influencer will immediately get from 50 followers to at least 1 million, she got 150,000. Her last chance as an influencer may happen when she writes a Instagram comment - it would have to be a big and positive comment accompanied by a short video or several pictures to get people following her or a scandal about herself and Harry, no third parties involved - they already did that, hence these experts have said unreliable to work with, too many people have spoken about it. That last chance is dependant on her being 'positive'or a me and my husband scandal. 

Curryong

In my previous post I pointed out that it was the British media that pretty well as soon as it was known that the couple were going to California started a lot of lying articles (in British tabloids) that Meghan had her eye on the White House. The US media at that point weren?t saying anything of that sort. This was before Oprah, before documentaries, before anything. They had left Canada, where living in the LA house.

There is an election coming up in 2024, and I believe that Meghan will speak out again about getting people out to vote, and any issues she feels important in the forthcoming debates. She did it last time, will do it this. I said a lobbyist, an advocate, not at influencer. Not in that sense anyway, a Tig Mark II may be on the cards but that will be quite different to her political views. Meghan has been a convinced Democrat all her adult life and I believe she quite sincere in urging people to go out and vote.

As I said, I believe she will do it this time as well. And God knows, Trump is enough of a danger to the US political system for EVERY Democrat to get out and vote in 2024. I also believe that abortion, equal pay, and Parental paid leave are cornerstones of Meghan?s belief not just whims. She will almost certainly be out pressing for those (in other words lobbying and advocating for them privately and publicly) in the next 14 months.

And I?d like links to viable news articles about Meghan hanging up the phone etc. and I don?t mean Twitter gossip reported from Washington rumours. There is one heck of a lot of fake news about on the Internet. I?d like some proof positive from news sources I can believe. And the same with unnamed ?political experts?.

wannable

You didn't read the feedback of the two Republican senators, during that time the media was doing their job of following up with Meghan and Sunshine Sach PR letter to the Democratic senator, later published in her Archewell website.  The two ladies said not in those exact words, but both ladies were waiting and nothing happened.  I say you didn't read it because it was posted in the RIF too, the quoted comments.

Good luck waiting for her to fulfill any political project. IF she does fulfill one it will be like the 12 episodes it took her in 2.5 years. My gosh the belief you have for her is quite a thing.  I doubt she will, the reason behind it is one needs to study and read all the FAQ's that can be thrown to her in any of the subjects she has done the one off. Be prepared - it's literally like self study/learning it 100 - acing it without a diploma.  I suspect she wouldn't be able to handle a serious discusion with those two senators that would have asked her the mathematical parts if implemented. She can't just say Influencer sound bites to a possible potential government expenditure.  In all honesty, she should thank her blessing she didn't speak to them, the quotes would have been worse with the Q&A. Preferibly the facts of what happened, meaning nothing happened. She was probably testing one of the phone numbers and couldn't believe the Democratic senator had given her a real phone number.  :hehe:

Curryong

Meghan attended and graduated from a perfectly good US university and is also articulate, so let?s not treat her as some little person who left school at 14 and has done nothing with her life since, shall we?

There has been plenty posted here in the last three years that quote verbatim and not from acknowledged and viable news sources, many many times. Such as ?not in those exact words?, with events that may or may not have happened. But 99% not from me. With my posts I post links from viable news sources that can be used by those reading my posts. Not from supposed Republican senators that were supposed to have said something, but ?not in those exact words?.

wannable

No one has denied that, we are factually talking about no follow up on her 'one offs'. Statistically 'one offs' that make a impact causing a change is very super rare.

She didn't follow up on her Sunshine Sach PR letter parental leave, hence my comment supporting the experts that it was for attention and let's see if I'm an influencer. An advocate follows up, a lobbyist follows up, she is neither one of them.

She is a poorly influencer to date.  Her best chances of being an Influencer was before the infamous downfall Oprah show. It's a downfall because she was caught lying and it backfired on the couple.

That is why I only gave the factual objective example of her initial run with the parental leave.  To be successful, there are 4 stages to complete it...completed then she can be called a advocate or lobbyist. That is why I said she would have to study hard (the subject, the bill proposal to ace it - like selfstudy with no diploma), I didn't say she was a highschool dropout at 14.

When you read Politico, they have in the past and present interviewed famous advocates and lobbyists; the four stages they all talk about is hard self study; diagnosis (understanding the bill), analysis (analyzing the situation of the bill), strategy (in depth knowledge of the bill and rules by state) and the fourth tactics...All of these people started at a aprentice level towards Junior then Senior, Partner and so on. She hasn't done none of it.  Nothing wrong, I am only stating facts.

wannable

''However, an Audible spokesperson told Page Six Thursday that there is no truth to the report and they aren't in negotiations with Markle.''

Page Six
@PageSix

Meghan Markle 'thrilled' as she nears multimillion dollar 'make-or-break' deal: report Meghan Markle nears multimillion-dollar Audible deal: report

wannable

In reference to my latest comment at the Team Sussex, from President to member of BOD, which basically means from executioner of policies - at the front to be seen to (member of the BOD) a once or twice a year behind closed doors conference board room via zoom to vote on new policies of said organization, hence demotion.

Seeing Harry go from Hero to Zero is quite an extraordinary tale of caution. His less than a hand of 'personal' (what is left) organizations, charities - including multimillion deals flopping or worse getting the redundancy treatment is food for thought of Harry (and Meghan too) state of mind - personal and career wise.

Spotify is over
Audible said no

Soon - the rumor is just to hot already at this stage - Netflix will be over sooner rather than later.
Same situation the remaining 3 books owed to Penguin Random House - the rumor is kinder - being invited to leave.

^ These last two will be cutting their loses like Spotify.

Many times I think, deserving or not, Charles should have given him a large bulk of moneys at Megxit, make them both sign NDA's and live the life of leisure, which they factually were living it - and probably thought as Family Guy skit - they were being paid for their Royal Connection Titles only with 'minimum work', learning the hard way and blasted worldwide is very harsh.  The sad part is the severance is being done 'publicly'.

Curryong

We don?t know what the duties of President of the African Parks consists of. There are plenty of Royals who are Presidents of various organisations (for instance The Duke of Kent served as President of the All England Tennis Club for years.) That doesn?t mean they execute policies they decide on themselves. The Duke of Kent certainly didn?t and when Kate takes over after his death/retirement, she won?t. The late Queen was President of various organisations. She didnt decide policies.

The announcement states that Harry is now a member of the Board that does actually decide policies and is not just playing a ceremonial role. The announcement includes the phrase that he has been ?elevated? to the new position as Board Member, so (unless you are suggesting the organisation is lying) there is no demotion. That is a presumption you?ve made.

Netflix actually came out after the Spotify decision and stated that are continuing to work with the Sussexes. The rest is just a lot of rumours swirling around. Until and if things change rumours should be treated with contempt.

Curryong

For instance the President of the FA is the Prince of Wales. Does he decide policies for the FA? No, he doesn?t. The Chairman, not a Royal, has far more power.

From the FA site

?The FA has a figurehead President, who since 1939 has always been a member of the British royal family. The Chairman of the FA has overall responsibility for policy. Traditionally this person rose through the ranks of the FA's committee structure (e.g. by holding posts such as the chairmanship of a county football association). In 2008 politician David Triesman was appointed as the FA's first "independent chairman", the first from outside the football hierarchy. The day-to-day head of the FA was known as the Secretary until 1989, when the job title was changed to Chief Executive.?

The Princess Royal is President of the British Olympic Association. Does she direct that organisation?s policies? No she doesn?t? She is just the public face of it. However as a member of the International Olympic Committee (a member of the Board) she did have actual input.

?Having competed in the 1976 Montreal Olympic Games as a member of the British equestrian team, The Princess Royal is able to bring insight and experience to her role a British member of the International Olympic Committee. Her Royal Highness took part in London's successful bid to host the 2012 Olympic Games, and was a member of the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games. In 2016 The Princess visited Rio to meet Team GB in her role as President of the British Olympic Association.?

wannable

William is doing his job as President beautifully - he is the executioner of the 'policies' and is there to be 'seen', just as I described in my previous comment.

A member of a BOD meets minimum once a year IF they don't have nothing new to vote on but just announce the YEFR (Year End Financial Report), this is done behind closed doors at a conference room or via zoom, hence the demotion.  It is more rewarding to be at the front working as the executioner of the charity, organization or company policies rather than just being a member of a BOD - their job description is quite minimum, especially if policies within a charity, organization or company are established. New ones come very rare - i.e. there would have to be a world crisis that ''relates'' on the performance of the ''objective and mission'' of the entity.

He has been IMV effectively diminished. Note: That can change only by way of H producing loads of money benefactors to the African Parks organization, a very difficult task in today's economical world climate. The only way is doing full and tangible dedication, which he has not.

Even the F1 ''cost caps'' are at it's limit, hence a factor why the boss and H didn't have a successful business trip to Austin.

All in all - his independent experience since Megxit vs his professional senior working royal is a huge eye opener.  It tells another tale that his personnel at Kensington Palace since age 18 and his father's when a minor age were/are Top Drawer.

Curryong

Don?t know what you mean by William (or any other royal President) being an ?executioner of policies?. What does that mean? William plays no part at all in decisions made by the FA administration.

And if we are talking about ?doing things beautifully,? Harry has been President of ANP since 2017 without putting a foot wrong. If he was so lousy at being President then when he (and Meghan) left the working BRF in 2019 they would have got rid of him then. It?s now 2023, and unlike royals the Parks President is not appointed for life. If he had been that bad they would have acted much sooner, not appointed him to their Board.

'Humanitarian' Prince Harry appointed to the Board of Directors of African Parks for his conservation work | Daily Mail Online

From the article
?During his time as president, the Duke of Sussex has overseen other conservation programmes to protect national parks and wildlife in countries across Africa and has been hailed by the CEO of the organisation for his 'dedication and commitment' to the cause.?

TLLK

QuoteLet's keep this thread on topic and focus on Prince Harry.

Nightowl

There is really no need to compare either Harry or William with each other anymore.  Both have gone their seperate ways in life and live half a world away from each other. Harry is now a non royal from the BRF, he is of no importance to them now, even being the son of a king and or the brother of a future king will not make him have the same status he used to have being a member of the royal family, his choice, his decision. William just carries on and does his job that is expected of him and supports his father while raising 3 beautiful children to know and understand their place in the family, be it as working member or not.

I say, let each of them just go about their own business as long as there is *NO more lies, bad mouthing the royal family* from Harry as that there just shows the type of person he is and someone never to be trusted again.  He blew up those bridges big time because even blood born at times does and has has destroyed families of which there is no returning back.

wannable

Harry factually stated in his book Spare that William is his arch-nemesis. Definition: archenemy, archrival!  This Harry statement encourages his followers to use it for comparing and contrasting, according to H, W is his enemy.

The word executioner seems to not be liked, easier synonyms are:

carry out
accomplish
perform
implement
effect
bring off
bring about
achieve
carry off
carry through
complete
enact
enforce
put into effect
put into practice
do
discharge
prosecute
engineer
administer

^ This is what a President does - it is getting involved in the nitty gritty (Catherine didn't land the Presidency of Wimbledon because of all the above synonyms - she has too much on her plate)

Back to Harry - I am not being 'negative', I am being 'realist' of his situation and what is transpriring. From President to Member of a BOD does not equate to a congrats - Only when the individual is at a retiring age and the charity, organization or company want to keep the person 'in touch' someway.

Nightowl

^
That is ON Harry, not William as William has not said a word to or about what his brother as done or said.  Harry is very emotionally damaged and mouths off with no thought to what he is saying or the damage he has caused...he flies by the seat of his pants as the saying goes.  I am sure William has been hurt deeply by what his brother has said and done yet he seems to know that there is nothing he can do for Harry as that must come from Harry himself to change his life. Both he and Meghan know the royal family will not say anything, or talk to anyone about private issues so they just can go on and on and on with their badmouthing which in the end only makes them look nasty and hateful.  Edward and Wallis left the royal family, and Edward was a KING, not a spare either, yet  neither one of them ever bad mouthed the royal family that I remember. They was just shut out of all events and not even allowed back in the country till the very end, the same will happen to Harry and Meghan in time, just takes time for those across the pond to keep moving along, doing the job and ignoring those that have nothing to contribute to the firm, the monarchy or the country as a whole.

wannable

Prince Harry and King Charles share warm phone call that could be 'turning point' in relations
The Duke of Sussex rang his father to wish him happy birthday and there was a notable shift in tone

By Victoria Ward,
ROYAL EDITOR
15 November 2023  6:00am
The Telegraph

The King's 75th birthday marked a 'turning point' in relations with the Duke of Sussex, The Telegraph understands.
Father and son enjoyed a warm conversation on Tuesday, after Prince Harry, 39, called the King to wish him a happy birthday.
After a lengthy spell during which the two have barely spoken, the chat marked a notable shift in tone, even ending with an agreement to speak again next week.
The King also spoke on the phone with Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex.
Prince Archie, four, and Princess Lilibet, two, are understood to have recorded a video of themselves singing happy birthday to their grandfather.

Curryong

IF all that happened it was a very nice birthday gesture by Harry and Meghan. Nice to hear that Archie and Lili were involved as well.

PrincessOfPeace

EXCL: Prince Harry did not phone King Charles yday to wish him a happy 75th birthday. -

Sources say there was no time in the diary to fit one in. -

But Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet did send their grandfather a pre-recorded message. -

- Emily Ferguson, Daily Express -

https://x.com/emsferg/status/1724779793852588142?s=20

wannable

One of the two The Telegraph or The Daily Express has been duped for the hundredth time. Note that via social media both claim to have Sources from the Sussex Camp.  :happy15: