The Wales' Children's birthdays-All Years

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 30, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristeh-H and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

TLLK

^^^ LOL At first glance I thought the beginning of your sentence was "Life with little hair."  :teehee:

cinrit

QuoteNow Prince George Gets Magazine Photoshop Treatment: Royal baby graces the cover of People with noticeably redder lips, whiter eyes and fixed brow

Prince George is one cute baby, but apparently not cherubic enough to make it on the cover of People without a little photoshopping.  The young royal is the coverboy of this week's magazine in honor of his first birthday, and the staff chose to use a picture taken while he was touring Australia earlier this year.

But when compared to the original photo, the prince seems to have much redder lips. The whites of his eyes also appear whiter in the new version, and one of his eyebrows has also been smoothed.

The magazine has since issued a statement to MailOnline denying any retouching.  'PEOPLE did not alter the looks of Prince George on our cover in any way.  Some areas may have picked up saturation during the press run, further enhanced by the glossy paper quality,' a spokesman for the magazine said.

More: Prince George gets People magazine Photoshop treatment | Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on July 17, 2014, 04:22:34 AM
^^^ LOL At first glance I thought the beginning of your sentence was "Life with little hair."  :teehee:
:happy15: :clap: :hug: This made me laugh!!  :happy15: :thanks:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

PrincessOfPeace

As Prince George's first birthday approaches, we look at some of the numbers in his first year.

Prince George by numbers - Telegraph

cinrit

From Twitter:

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror  1h
The royal household will mark prince George's birthday by releasing three pictures - one for the Sunday papers and two for Tuesday's papers

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail  1h
Kensington Palace will release three images to mark Prince George’s first birthday.

The venue was specifically chosen as his mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, is Patron of the Natural History Museum.

The three photographs were taken when George visited the "Sensational Butterflies" exhibition at the Natural History Museum this month.

The photographs were taken by PA staff photographer John Stillwell. He also took the most recent pictures of Prince Harry in Afghanistan.

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

^^^ Yayyyy!! New pictures of Prince George

Macrobug

oooh....chubby cheeks and butterflies  :vday2:
GNU Terry Pratchett

TLLK

George of the Jungle among the butterflies!!! :paparazzi:

sara8150

Three official photographs will be released to celebrate Prince George's first birthday
Prince George official photos set to be released - hellomagazine.com

Limabeany

Prince George's Peter Rabbit birthday party organised by Carole Middleton | Mail Online

This article should be a happy one, it is about a child's birthday but the comments are so moderated in advance that only a few have been approved. It is sad that George's parents have let their reputations sink so low, this is a far cry from their wedding goodwill... George may be slaying republicans but he is not doing much for William and Kate...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Curryong

^^The DM article is probably 90 percent made-up, anyway. How do journalists know about the housekeeper's and the nanny's gifts, even if Carole has leaked something about the party? Also, I can't see Zara going to Middleton Manor to sit on bean bags and eat ice-cream with the Middletons. If there is a party at KP I hope Prince Charles and Harry are able to be there.

Limabeany

Macrobug

I am going with 98%.   They got the name of the birthday boy correct and his parents.   And the date of his birthday.    :yesss:  Well done!! Journalistic integrity at its finest!!
GNU Terry Pratchett

HistoryGirl

The Daily Mail gives me a good laugh every once in a while lol

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug on July 18, 2014, 11:52:38 PM
I am going with 98%.   They got the name of the birthday boy correct and his parents.   And the date of his birthday.    :yesss:  Well done!! Journalistic integrity at its finest!!
Did the DM know who his grandparents are? :happy15:

PrincessOfPeace

Raise a Pint for Prince George's Birthday at a U.K. Pub Renamed in His Honor

QuoteA U.K. pub named for Prince George has big plans for the royal heir's much-anticipated first birthday on Tuesday – and everyone's invited.

The Prince George, which renamed itself after the royal tot last fall, will host a traditional British sing-along next week in honor of its namesake.
More: http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20835848,00.html

Curryong

Richard Palmer is reporting on Twitter  that three photos of Prince George will be issued for his birthday. I think they were taken when the family visited the butterfly enclosure at the Natural History Museum a while ago.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteRoyal fans rejoice—a series of new pictures to celebrate Prince George's first birthday are soon to be released.

Three photographs of Prince George visiting the "Sensational Butterflies" exhibition at the Natural History Museum, in London, with his parents, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, will be released on Sunday and Tuesday, George's actual birthday.
More: Prepare Thyself: Prince George?s Birthday Photographs Are Coming This Weekend | Vanity Fair

cinrit

QuoteOne is One Year Old! Prince George Set for First Birthday Bash

The invitations to the world's most exclusive first birthday party have been sent out and presents purchased for the guest of honour.

Surrounded by his family and his parents' closest friends, Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge will be feted at a discreet celebration on Tuesday to mark the first anniversary of his birthday, as the Court Circular, the Palace's daily record of royal events, will no doubt solemnly describe it.  Toddling across the floor and  displaying his latest trick – opening and closing doors – the future king will be ready for a spot of mischief.

"I think George will be running faster than me very soon," Prince William said this week in Coventry.

One day his son's hellraising may not go unnoticed but at this event he can rely on the guests to keep shtum, unless his proud parents feel like sharing a few funny tales with people afterwards.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's office will mark the milestone by releasing three new pictures of George in the coming days.

More: One is one year old! Prince George set for first birthday bash | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

Prince George's first birthday scrapbook

As the future heir to the British throne nears his birthday, we look back at some of our fondest moment from his first year

QuoteHe triggered global fashion trends, he wrestled with a toy koala bear, and he carried out his debut official engagement with aplomb.

As Prince George nears his birthday, we look back at a few of our favourite memories from his first year.

Born at 4.24pm on July 22, 2013 Prince George weighed 8lb 6oz. Kate emerged from Saint Mary's Hospital, cradling the heir to the throne in her arms, with a beaming Prince William at her side.
More: Video: Prince George's first birthday scrapbook - Telegraph

Lady Adams

http://www.people.com/people/shared/insider/article/0,,20835413,00.html

This time last year, I was well into my third week of the Great Kate Wait. In a hundreds-strong throng of reporters from around the world, I crouched on the road and fixed my eyes on the famous wooden doors of the Lindo Wing of St. Mary's hospital, Paddington, London. It was there that 31 years earlier Prince Charles and Princess Diana presented their firstborn son and heir, Prince William, to a besotted British public. Now, it was William and Kate's turn to introduce their baby — a boy, not yet named when they stepped out to cheers on the afternoon of July 23, a day after the world's most watched pregnancy culminated in a safe and joyous birth.

As soon as she stepped out, the oohing and aahing began. Kate looked radiant, proudly displaying her post-birth "mummy tummy" (that would disappear in record short time) in a polka-dotted Jenny Packham frock, smiling as if she hadn't a care in the world. I've since learned she was nervous; she told friends the warm smiles of the nurses and hospital staff kept her calm for her biggest public moment since the 2011 royal wedding. William, looking happy and more emotional than I'd ever seen him, pronounced his son "a bonny lad" with a "good pair of lungs." And then there, in the middle of the impromptu press conference, we saw it — for any other infant, a reflexive gesture of self-comfort. But when this prince raised hands to face, it was undeniably his first royal wave.

He also shares that Will & Kate had a night nurse.  :hmm: So much for not having a nanny right away! (As said here a year ago: Royal baby: Why Kate Middleton and Prince William WON'T have a Royal nanny | Mail Online )
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

TLLK

^^^My take is that they didn't intend to have a night nurse or nanny (The two are considered to be different.) until his sleep issues became a real issue with the parents/household.

I've read that George was not sleeping through the night until solids were introduced. For breastfeeding mothers the current advice in the U.S. is to introduce them at six months and not before.

PrincessOfPeace

cinrit

^^ Thanks, Princess!  Great photo!!

Quote"The couple brought in a night nurse for a short time..."

I'm a little surprised the name of the night nurse isn't given.

Cindy