Prince Andrew-A New Chapter

Started by TLLK, January 14, 2022, 12:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

I only know the military do not want Andrew or Harry.

TLLK

A number of off topic posts about the Earl of Wessex and Duke of Sussex have been removed even after the Moderator reminder to keep the discussion to the Duke of York. Please keep the discussion on topic or the thread will be closed.

Amabel2

Quote from: wannable on September 15, 2022, 01:09:10 AM
what does that mean?  The military is a big organisation, do you mean that the senior staff dont wnat him?  Or the ordinary soldiers etc?

wannable

The King (previously the Queen) is supreme authority of the military As Commander-in-Chief the King (previously the Queen) closely follows developments in the armed forces and the security services. He (previously she) regularly receives the agenda in advance of all cabinet meetings and its committees, particularly the national security committee. He (previously she) also receives the minutes of the meetings of all of these committees and all cabinet documents.

IF he previously she) requires, his Private Secretary can seek additional information from Defence departments.

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on September 15, 2022, 01:12:27 AM
A number of off topic posts about the Earl of Wessex and Duke of Sussex have been removed even after the Moderator reminder to keep the discussion to the Duke of York. Please keep the discussion on topic or the thread will be closed.

I have remember that and also stay thread and stay topics on Duke of York

Nightowl

Quote from: TLLK on September 15, 2022, 01:12:27 AM

1 apologize to the board and site for going off topic with my rant over Prince Edward on the Duke of York thread.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on September 15, 2022, 01:09:10 AM
Perhaps because he does not have the gift of good judgment, the lack of which can and has caused misunderstandings and disturbing gaffes. Unfortunately, this often makes him a very visible liability. 

Amabel2

but who in hte military "do not want him?" are we talking ordinary soldiers?  Senior officers?  War office?

wannable

According to The Times, senior personnel in the navy and army considered Andrew to be an embarrassment for the military and believed he should be stripped from nine (9) honorary military titles.

^ From The Times back Dec. 2021 or Jan 2022 (Anyway he was stripped in some and forced to return to the Queen others, from military and charity patronages)

Curryong

The most extraordinary individuals sometimes come up from the rocks under which they?ve been living for years. Now it?s John Bryant of Fergie toe sucking fame, already to divulge, to a tabloid of course, how he tried to ?help and advise? Andrew after his fall from grace. With friends like that who needs enemies etc etc. I suppose Fergie asked him to help. Perhaps she asked for a loan as well, while she was at it!

Prince Andrew held secret crisis talks with Fergie's toe-sucking ex-lover after disastrous interview | Daily Mail Online

Nightowl

Andrew goes from bad to worse it seems like all the time in whom he associates with as does Sarah.....both are so full of themselves and think the world owes them.  HM was just tooooo darn soft with some in her family......only way people will learn is to let the suffer their actions/decisions in life.

TLLK

Discussion of the Duke of York's security can be found in this thread linked below.

Royal Privacy and Security Throughout the Years

FanDianaFancy

King Charles has finally 'evicted Prince Andrew from Buckingham Palace' after Epstein scandal | Daily Mail Online

KING CHARLES THREA A DY out of BuckPalace. If this true, good going. Dumping dead weight.
Andy does not need an office. He has no patronages. He does not need RPOs because he has no duty of no patronages.
RoyalLodge is protected so he is protected.

He needs to enjoy his money. Travel for fun. Friends. He must have friends. Enjoy his grandchildren.

wannable

The UK media is making a big deal with the loss of an ''office''. It's normal to lose an office if one is made redundant.

The Yorks are going to have a great Christmas, the entire family together at Wood Farm Cottage at Sandringham for the first time after 30 years, Andrew and the girls used to stay at Sandringham house.  They will also have their first  Christmas day lunch which includes viewing of the King's speech after 30 years rather than separated from ex wife/mother. 

I think Charles touches the right notes with modernizing certain items that will not shock society in general, like the concious friendly uncoupling of Andrew and Fergie.

IMO it is also a test of fidelity. An anecdote, if Fergie is asked in the future should be cute even cheesy, like Mike Tindall comments, which contains no TMI info or bad mouthing. 

Curryong

The only reason Andrew and Fergie weren?t asked to stay at Sandringham together in the past was that Philip absolutely loathed her, and couldn?t stand being in the same room as his former daughter in law. Charles is merely facing realities.

Why would British society be shocked by Andrew and Fergie still living together years after their divorce? British society isn?t shocked by anything much any more and certainly not by that. Everybody knows it?s just a matter of convenience when it comes down to it. It suits both to share Royal Lodge.

That doesn?t mean that Charles invited the family to share Wood Farm because he adores Fergie himself or that he wants to insure her fidelity. Fergie will continue to burble on in the same way in interviews that she has done since her divorce. She?s never badmouthed any member of the royal family as far as I can remember (and that includes the Sussexes, whom she has spoken very understandingly about since they married.)

And by Boxing Day many if not most of the family will be departing. And that will probably includes the Yorks. Like Anne?s family there are other sides of the family they will be seeing. Jack Brooksbank for example has a widowed mother and a brother and his family. Edo has his family, Mike Tindall his relatives as well. They don?t all hang around the sovereign like ornaments on the Xmas tree. As I said, by the 27th they will all probably depart, and that may well include the King and Queen to Birkhall. There?s no widowed and elderly monarch to keep company any more. They?re free to go after Xmas Day.

wannable

The majority of society don't mind, although there is a pretty small group of people that comment around social media to date that are disgusted?!

Here's to Christmas, the couple 34 years ago.

Portland Hospital, birth of their first daughter, Princess Beatrice

Curryong

The majority of Britons don?t care what any members of the BRF do or don?t do. And that goes double for Andrew and Fergie. And in spite of Prudes Incorporated on Twitter it?s extremely doubtful that Andrew and Fergie have slept together at all since their divorce, so they don?t need to clutch their pearls in anguish.

TLLK

Her late Majesty was supportive of Prince Andrew doing volunteer charity work as a means of redemption. While having Andrew work with others in an office or warehouse etc..might be an issue, there has to be some online data entry work or something that he could do perhaps with Naval Veteran's groups?

Volunteering from home - Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service

Queen said Prince Andrew's route to redemption was charity work 'as a way back into public life' | Daily Mail Online

QuoteAndrew?s mother suggested the route forward was taking on a charitable cause,? a source told The Independent.

?Other members of the family agreed and saw it as his only way to rehabilitation.?

The prince is not believed to have taken up any charity role in recent years.

Curryong

I don?t believe that any charity, Naval based or otherwise, would welcome Andrew, quite frankly. Working your way back in that way (as John Profumo did with Toc H) requires bags of humility and grace and a true Christian spirit, none of which I believe Andrew possesses in any measure at all. And even then it took Profumo years. He was a younger man than Andrew now is and had decades of time to work on himself, something that a man already in his sixties doesn?t have.

Curryong

To go off topic for a minute re Andrew?s allowance from the Duchy of Lancaster funds being cut by Charles. The late Queen gave him 247,000 pounds a year. If Charles has told Andrew (as he apparently has) that, from this April, his yearly stipend is going to be cut, my feeling is that this will not be a nibbling around the edges but a significant chopping down to possibly less than 200,000 a year.

Now Charles has less to live on himself as the holder of the Duchy of Lancaster funds rather than the Duchy of Cornwall?s, this is also likely to affect all those whom Queen Elizabeth helped with a yearly stipend not just Andrew. Charles will almost certainly decrease what the Queen gave per year to her daughter Anne, to son Edward (who is imo also unlikely imo to get his Dukedom) the Duke of Gloucester, the Duke of Kent and his sister Prss Alexandra, will, I would guess, all be getting much less help with their living expenses than formerly.

They will of course still be getting Sovereign Grant money so long as they keep working. Once they retire that ceases. So this doesn?t just begin and end with Andrew.

wannable

ROYAL LODGE: The house is believed to have a serious damp problem and needs a new roof. However the King has said he would not leave his brother 'homeless or penniless'

Valentine Low
The Times

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on March 03, 2023, 08:45:29 PM
ROYAL LODGE: The house is believed to have a serious damp problem and needs a new roof. However the King has said he would not leave his brother 'homeless or penniless'

Valentine Low
The Times

MONEY PIT!!

TudorQueen

I have my doubts about the home having damp problems or roof issues.

The house under went massive renovations before Andrew moved into it. Its part of the long lease he has on the home. He paid a huge chunk of personal money into updating the home. I find it hard to believe things like a bad roof would not have been seen to at that time.

If Charles actually tries to get the Crown estate to kick Andrew out, they will be paying Andrew a pretty penny to do so. He sunk a lot of money into the home. And he has a legal lease like any other tennant in the country.