Queen & Sarah Ferguson Had A Complicated Relationship, Will Soon Reunite

Started by Kritter, February 25, 2018, 07:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Queen Elizabeth II, Sarah Ferguson Had A Complicated Relationship, Will Soon Reunite

QuotePrior to the two weddings, here?s a timeline of the queen and Ferguson?s ?complicated? relationship.

Ferguson wrote a book called ?My Story? in 1996. In the memoir, the 58-year-old duchess only had wonderful things to say about the queen. ?In private, I called her mama? When she waved me to sit next to her in the car or at church, I felt favored and blessed,? she wrote.

In 1992, the mom of two decided to separate from Prince Andrew. When she told Queen Elizabeth II about it, the 91-year-old monarch asked her daughter-in-law to reconsider her decision. However, Ferguson and Prince Andrew seemingly refused to do so.

Kritter

Queen: Sarah Ferguson had a secret name for Her Majesty in private | Life | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

QuoteQueen Elizabeth II, 91, was once mother in law to Sarah Ferguson, 58, the ex wife of Prince Andrew, 58.

The Queen is also grandmother to the Duchess of York?s two daughters: Princess Eugenie, 27, and Princess Beatrice, 29.

This relationship afforded Sarah certain liberties with Her Royal Highness in the past, including a secret name she used to call her in private settings.

In her book My Story, which she wrote in 1996, Sarah revealed she used to call the Queen ?mama?.

Curryong

Doesn't the Express have any proof- readers any more or experienced journalists? In this little extract the Queen is referred to as HRH, something that happens in more and more tabloids. In another thread is an article, again from the online Express, calling Wallis Simpson 'Wallace'! If you're going to print rubbish at least get names and forms of address right, Express!