QEII and the DoE Official duties, Current and Court Circular Events

Started by SophieChloe, January 21, 2018, 04:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

The Commodore of the Royal Yacht Squadron and the Colonel of the Rifles being received by Prince Philip may, just may, signify the end of these two patronages for Prince Philip, who will be 98 in June. The handing over of them to younger members of the family perhaps.

TLLK

I agree @Curryong and I believe that his grandchildren are likely to be the recipients.

Double post auto-merged: March 08, 2018, 11:26:09 PM

This evening, March 8, Queen Elizabeth hosted a private dinner in honour of the diamond jubilee of the Aga Khan's leadership as Imam of the Shia Ismaili Muslim Community. Together they posed for some photos at the Oak Room at Windsor Castl

Double post auto-merged: March 08, 2018, 11:27:17 PM

Queen Elizabeth March 8 Bilder und Fotos | Getty Images,%202018&sort=newest#license

Also in attendance were the PoW, DoC, DoY and Princess Royal.

Kritter

The Royal Family Verified account @royalfamily

QuoteToday at Buckingham Palace, The Queen received and held an audience with the High Commissioner for the Republic of South Africa, Her Excellency Ms. Nomatemba Tambo.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYQPdkRWkAIdRjT.jpg

esillett

Hi, I'm working on a really exciting project surrounding the Royals, and I am on the hunt for some great case studies. If you have any images of any of the royals (which you/a family member has taken), and you'd be interested in finding out more about my project, please drop me a message with your email address and I will send you over a bit more info! Emilie

Kritter

The Royal Family Verified account @royalfamily

QuoteToday at Buckingham Palace, The Hon Antoinette Perry was received in audience by The Queen upon her appointment as Lieutenant Governor of Prince Edward Island.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYVZI0RWAAAw1y1.jpg

Double post auto-merged: March 15, 2018, 06:57:19 PM

Royal Circular @Royal_Circular

QuoteThe Queen will visit the Royal Academy of Arts in London on 20 March to mark the completion of a major redevelopment of the site.

Double post auto-merged: March 15, 2018, 11:28:55 PM

The Queen to visit the Royal Academy of Arts ? Royal Central

QuoteHer Majesty The Queen will be visiting the Royal Academy of Arts in Central London to mark the completion of a major redevelopment site.

Whilst at the Academy, The Queen will officially open and tour the Burlington Gardens building which has been completed for the Royal Academy?s 250th Anniversary year. Her Majesty The Queen will also meet those involved in the design and construction process of the redevelopment.

Before the full public opening of the new Royal Academy on the 19th May, The Queen will unveil the first painting to be installed in the new building. The Academy?s current exhibition, Charles I: King and Collector, will also be viewed by The Queen during her visit.

Kritter

Royal Circular @Royal_Circular

QuoteOn 27th March, Her Majesty The Queen will attend the Decommissioning Ceremony of HMS Ocean at HM Naval Base Devonport in Plymouth.

TLLK

TLLK

Queen Elizabeth as Patron of the Academy visited the Royal Academy of Arts at Burlington House in London today, March 20:

Bilder und Fotos | Getty Images

Kritter

Queen dons pink to attend HMS Ocean decommissioning ceremony | Daily Mail Online

QuoteClutching a cheering posy of seasonal flowers, the Queen looked elegant as she arrived in Plymouth this morning for the decommissioning ceremony of HMS Ocean.

The 91-year-old wore a powder pink coat by Stewart Parvin, with a matching hat with floral detail by Rachel Trevor-Morgan, as she took the royal train down to the Devon city to officially mark the end of the 'Mighty O's' time as a Royal Navy vessel.

The royal carried a black Launer bag and accessorised her Spring look with a three-tier string of pearls, coordinating earrings and her mother's 1938 Cartier diamond palm leaf brooch.

Kritter

Queen to distribute Maundy money | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe Queen will mark Maundy Thursday by taking part in the ancient ceremony of distributing commemorative coins to deserving pensioners.

The presentation of the money will take place during the Royal Maundy service at St George?s Chapel, Windsor Castle ? where Prince Harry will wed Meghan Markle on May 19.

The Queen will distribute the Maundy money to 92 men and 92 women ? as she will be 92 this year ? with each recipient receiving two purses, one red and one white.

Curryong

Richard Palmer has reported on his Twitter that Prince Philip has pulled out of the Maundy ceremony because of trouble with his hip.

Curryong

TLLK

Court Circular 11th April:
The Queen this evening gave a Reception at Windsor Castle for Her Majesty's Ecclesiastical Household.

TLLK

TLLK

Curryong

Yes, and the Queen looks as good as ever. May she continue for another ten years! All the senior royals, HM, Charles, William, Harry have received Commonwealth prime ministers this week. There may be an element, among the genuine greetings, of getting some sort of feel for how the meeting on Friday is going to go regarding Charles's bid.

Double post auto-merged: April 19, 2018, 12:16:27 PM

The Queen and Prince Charles greet Commonwealth leaders with great pomp and ceremony at Buckingham Palace today.

Queen and Prince Charles welcome heads of the Commonwealth to Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

Duch_Luver_4ever

The Queen anoints Prince Charles as Head of Commonwealth | Daily Mail Online

The Queen basically saying look I know my sons a yutz but its the family business, can you guys just please be cool with him taking over when im gone? mk thx  :lol: :teehee:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

wannable

The comments on Andrew and Harry, perhaps H should seek other kinds of work that may satisfy him, he has a Royal timeline when George, Charlotte and baby 3 and possibly a 4th come forward.

Times are changing fast and the mood towards the monarchy too. People seems to tolerate the Direct Heirs to the throne with their charity, representation in the CW, and ribbon cutting.

The quality rather than quantity seems to be creeping up. Serious work behind the scenes rather than stage set up of once a year show. 

Despite Charles critics, people are starting to understand his realized endeavours Prince's trust, Highgrove, organic sustainability farming and what else.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: wannable on April 19, 2018, 04:09:51 PM
The comments on Andrew and Harry, perhaps H should seek other kinds of work that may satisfy him, he has a Royal timeline when George, Charlotte and baby 3 and possibly a 4th come forward.

Times are changing fast and the mood towards the monarchy too. People seems to tolerate the Direct Heirs to the throne with their charity, representation in the CW, and ribbon cutting.

The quality rather than quantity seems to be creeping up. Serious work behind the scenes rather than stage set up of once a year show. 

Despite Charles critics, people are starting to understand his realized endeavours Prince's trust, Highgrove, organic sustainability farming and what else.

I will agree with Prince's trust, Highgrove, organic sustainability farming and what else.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

TLLK

The Queen sends message to Canadians after Toronto van attack ? Royal Central

QuoteIn a statement released on Wednesday morning, the Queen said: ?Prince Philip and I join all Canadians in expressing our sadness following the terrible tragedy that occurred in Toronto yesterday.

?We offer our deepest condolences to the families and friends of those who were lost, as well as our hopes for full recovery to all who were injured and affected by this incident. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Double post auto-merged: April 26, 2018, 12:50:01 AM

Court Circular 24th April:
The Queen held a Council at 12.40 p.m..
There were present: the Rt. Hon. Andrea Leadsom MP (Lord President), the Baroness Evans of Bowes Park (Lord Privy Seal and Leader of the House of Lords), the Rt. Hon. Christopher Grayling MP (Secretary of State for Transport) and the Rt. Hon. Damian Hinds MP (Secretary of State for Education).
Mr. Richard Tilbrook was in attendance as Clerk of the Council.

The Rt. Hon. Andrea Leadsom MP had an audience of Her Majesty before the Council.

TLLK

Court Circular 2nd May:
The Queen held a Council at 5.30 p.m..
There were present: the Rt. Hon. Andrea Leadsom MP (Lord President), the Rt. Hon. Mark Lancaster MP (Minister for the Armed Forces) and the Rt. Hon. Penelope Mordaunt MP (Secretary of State for International Developement).

The Rt. Hon. Sajid Javid MP took the Oath of Office, kissed hands upon appointment and received the Seals of Office as Secretary of State for the Home Department.

The Rt. Hon. James Brokenshire MP took the Oath of Office, kissed hands upon appointment and received the Seals of Office as Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government.
Mr. Richard Tilbrook was in attendance as Clerk of the Council.

The Rt. Hon. Andrea Leadsom MP had an audience of Her Majesty before the Council.

The Rt. Hon. Theresa May MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen this evening.

TLLK

QEII meets with the President and First Lady of Turkey.

Belga Image

Double post auto-merged: May 16, 2018, 12:40:17 PM

Queen Elizabeth as Patron of the Victoria Cross and George Cross Association gave a reception for members of the Victoria Cross and George Cross Association at Buckingham Palace today, May 16.

The Duke of York, Princess Eugenie, the Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attended as well.

TLLK

TLLK

Queen Elizabeth and the Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Medical Detection Dogs attended the 10th anniversary celebration at The Royal Mews, Buckingham Palace, today, June 6:

Bilder und Fotos | Getty Images

Double post auto-merged: June 06, 2018, 07:04:27 PM

Video from today's joint engagement at the Royal Mews.

The dogs which showed the Queen and Camilla how they can sniff out cancer - ITV News