Belgium-Birthdays and other milestones

Started by TLLK, December 04, 2020, 02:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TudorQueen

Haakon hasnt called it dyslexia, but he has spoken of reading problems and that his grandfather had them as well.

QuoteI recognise myself a little in some of what you are talking about. I also have some writing difficulties, but not very much. I have always read slowly and write many mistakes. It is something that comes from my family. My grandfather was also open about his writing and reading difficulties. It skipped my dad. He reads very fast, but I think it is very difficult.?

Crown Prince Haakon meets young people struggling with dyslexia and dyscalculia ? Royal Central

His Aunt Princess Astrid has been vocal of her struggles with it and has served as patron of Norway's dyslexic association.

I don't believe any of the Danes have or have never made it public.

Who knows how many historical royals were sadly classed as slow or such because of no comprehension of such issues.

Curryong

Yes, I remember reading about the Norwegian royals and Astrid?s struggles with it. Wrong thread, but I have spoken here about my theory involving Edward VII having dyslexia before. He was no student to say the least and was often spanked by his father for being disruptive in the classroom. If he did have it (and Victoria spoke about him ?never opening a book? as an adult) that may explain the Norwegians (re Maud) and maybe it escaped into the Swedes through Queen Victoria?s granddaughter Daisy Connaught, though she herself was free of it. Just a thought.

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Wonderful Birthday to Prince Emmanuel!   

:bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 18th birthday to Princess Josephine of Belgium.

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 20th Birthday to Princess Elisabeth.

Curryong

Goodness me, is Elizabeth 20 already. Happy birthday Princess Elizabeth! The years have certainly flown since her early teens!

PrincessOfPeace

Curryong

A lovely photo. She?s finished her semester at Lincoln College I suppose.

TLLK

:bday3:  Wishing Princess Elisabeth a very happy day. On Sunday Oct. 31, another heiress to the throne will celebrate her birthday too, Princess Leonor of Spain.

New photo released to mark Princess Elisabeth?s 20th birthday ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Elisabeth Theresia Maria Helena was born on 25 October 2001 in the Erasmus Hospital in Brussels. She is the first child of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of the Belgians. She has three younger siblings: Prince Gabriel (18), Prince Emmanuel (16) and Princess El?onore (13).

Elisabeth became the heir apparent to the Belgian throne upon the abdication of her grandfather, King Albert II, in 2013. If she ascends the throne one day as expected, she will be Belgium?s first queen regnant.

TudorQueen

Quote from: Curryong on October 25, 2021, 01:13:01 PM
A lovely photo. She?s finished her semester at Lincoln College I suppose.

No. The term only started October 10. Looked up Lincoln schedule, they have 3 terms. This term ends December 4.
Dates of Term | University of Oxford

It seems the photo comes from the photos released when she started at Oxford.Its the same outfit she was wearing for many of the photos. Just a photo from the session we didnt see before.

Happy birthday to Elisabeth :flower3: The first of this generation of heirs to start University. Still hard to believe.

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Princess Elisabeth!       
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

TLLK

On Dec. 4, TM the King and Queen of the Belgians will celebrate their 22nd wedding anniversary. :wed:

More on this couple's wedding information from 1999 can be found here.

Benelux Royal Weddings: Belgium, the NL, Luxembourg

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 22nd Wedding Anniversary to King Philippe and Queen Mathilde.

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz announce the engagement of their daughter Princess Maria Laura to William Isvy.  :vday2:

Here's a close up photo of her diamond and sapphire engagement ring as well as photos of the couple.  :Jen:

https://www.instagram.com/royaladdicted_new/p/CX-5dYyMEZ-/?utm_medium=copy_link

Princess Maria Laura of Belgium to marry French-born William Isvy ? Royal Central

QuoteThe year had one last happy surprise in store for the Belgian Royal Family. Princess Maria Laura is getting married to William Isvy.

Her parents, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, announced the engagement earlier today with a picture portraying the couple hugging and smiling. The bride-to-be received a ring with a round sapphire surrounded by a twist of diamonds, a modern play on the traditional halo format of engagement rings.

The couple has not yet announced a wedding date, but the wedding is to take place in the second half of 2022.

The groom is an asset manager in a London firm, while the Princess works as an analyst in the climate change sector, also in the British capital. The couple has lived there for a few years.

Blue Clover

Lovely couple! A wedding to look forward to in 2022.

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

A new photo of Queen Mathilde was released in honor of her 49th birthday.  :bday:

Belgian Royal Palace releases new photo of Queen Mathilde to mark 49th birthday ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Belgian Royal Palace has released a new photograph of Queen Mathilde as she marks her 49th birthday today.

The image was taken by Bas Bogaerts in the Royal Domain of Laeken ? a private park on the grounds of the Palace of Laeken in Brussels.

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Prince Amedeo!   

:bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:

TudorQueen

Today marked the 14th birthday of Eleanore. Happy  birthday to the princess  :flower3: :bday10: :bday:

Sweet photo of her with the family dogs to celebrate   :hearts:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcZxvmWNy_p/

And not to be forgotten, the day before was her father's aka King Philippe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcXM7z-sQ0z/

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 38th Wedding Anniversary to Princess Astrid and Archduke Lorenz.

LouisFerdinand

Happy Wedding Anniversary to Princess Astrid and Archduke Lorenz!   
It seems like it was only yesterday that their daughter Princess Maria Laura had her wedding.