Meghan's Fashion, jewelry and accessories

Started by TLLK, May 25, 2017, 11:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amabel2

It sounds like nonsense.  Why would MEghan want to wear jewellery right now?  its not a time for dressing up fancily.  And why would Harry have to ask the quen for his mother's own jewels????  He inherited half of Diana's property, and that included her jewellery. 

wannable

I really don't care for ELLE magazine or PEOPLE and US WEEKLY  :laugh:

Just happened to hear it in several youtube royal round up news by several youtubers; a mix of Australians, US Citizens and Caribbean (Jamaican and Barbados) and one South African. 

wannable

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 01, 2021, 09:51:27 PM
It sounds like nonsense.  Why would MEghan want to wear jewellery right now?  its not a time for dressing up fancily.  And why would Harry have to ask the quen for his mother's own jewels????  He inherited half of Diana's property, and that included her jewellery.

Yes, the ELLE article in question via these youtube readers sounded vindictive with Diana's jewelry. To be clearer, they sounded like IF Meghan had absolutely nothing from Diana, that all the jewelry is under lock and key and the system is via loan request.  :partaay:  So ELLE is implying Harry left his part of DIana's jewelry at KP? The Tower of London? Before splitting by to Canada December 2019? And let's pretend that ELLE  :laugh10: is a true story, Harry came back with Meghan for 1 week in January before splitting again, and William said nope not giving you access? Or the Queen via her Tower of London via her yeomen warders said nope.

I don't take none of the 3 mags seriously, only pictures from Just Jared, which will never be published in the UK.

Curryong

That story depends on whether you believe a magazine report and the chatter on YouTube/Twitter!

As if Harry would be ringing up asking for the loan of some of Diana?s jewellery for Meghan at a Californian TV event at which they were co-chairs! Hardly a red carpet event and much of it will be virtual I would expect.

And who would be responsible for the insurance for this jewellery while it was flown to the US, then in the Sussexes? possession and later flown back again to London? That sort of thing happens only rarely, and purely on royal tours.

If Meghan has to borrow anything there are dozens of prominent LA jewellers who would be only to glad to lend her a necklace or earrings.

William and Harry split Diana?s PERSONAL jewellery. All the rest (which consisted of jewellery Diana had received as per her position as Princess of Wales, with the exception of some wedding gifts given by relatives) went back into the royal vaults.

That is what happens to all ?official? royal jewellery after divorce or death. For instance almost all the QM?s personal jewellery went to Prince Charles as a bequest. That included the Grenville collection that Mrs Ronnie Greville left her as a friend when she died. It was a personal bequest and so not required to be given back to the Royal Collection.

Amabel2

why menton the story?? Its obviously complete and utter nonsense.  Harry has half of Diana's jewels, if he wants to use them now at a time when most people aren't exactly doing red carpet events, well words fail me.  And if he went off to the US and didn't make arrangements for storing his mothers jewels somewhere he could access them, again words fail me.  Why do peole believe every silly story that comes out?

wannable

I don't blame the youtube readers, they do a round up of ''royal'' news around the world, they make sure to mention which media/journalist and then proceed to read.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on April 29, 2021, 02:31:11 PM
At present, her own jewelry.  The (early) 2019 article really had to do with their Australasian tour October 2018.  Allegedly Meghan wanted to wear a tiara at a Black Tie Fiji dinner.

It may be another one of those misinterpretations. 

I'm sure she will though receive ''new'' jewelry gifts from Harry and maybe Charles and the Queen.  The old personal jewelry is passed down to the future King/Queen; Charles, William, George...
Actually, I will be very surprised if she ever receives substantial jewelry gifts from either the Queen or the POW. As  Harry's wife, I'm sure gifts will be appropriate from time to time, but would they be important gems? 

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Amabel2 on May 01, 2021, 09:51:27 PM
And more than likely she would not ask, since they are not on best of terms.

Amabel2

but she wouldn't have to ask.  Diana's jewelry is Harrys,, he owns it.  He doesn't have to ask the queen for his own jewelry.

Amabel2

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on May 05, 2021, 12:26:46 AM
Actually, I will be very surprised if she ever receives substantial jewelry gifts from either the Queen or the POW. As  Harry's wife, I'm sure gifts will be appropriate from time to time, but would they be important gems?
No I doubt if they will get more than "politeness presents". 

wannable

Meghan is wearing Diana's watch.

Here's a picture with the details of her jewelry for the Global Citizen concert.

TLLK

Meghan looks so beautiful in this color. :flower3: She's positively glowing in this photo. Happy Mother's Day to Meghan and Doria.

Curryong

Yes indeed. I?m always glad to see Meghan wearing colours as I don?t like monochrome, which she seems to prefer, very much. And the poppy shirt dress flatters her I think. Her hair and makeup look lovely too.

Macrobug67

The thread for fashion, jewels and what not.   It will mostly be Meghan as Harry wears the same thing.  :lol:

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on July 26, 2021, 12:29:27 AM
The thread for fashion, jewels and what not.   It will mostly be Meghan as Harry wears the same thing.  :lol:

What do you mean!! In past times as a single man Harry?s old faithful blue suit became a joke here on RI and other forums. I used to say that it could have attended engagements on its own it was worn so many times.
Then came a brief period (the Queen?s Diamond Jubilee year) and the Caribbean tour where he blossomed out in stone coloured and navy blue and cream suits and no more old faithful. Wonder where it is now!

It?s been replaced by the perpetual grey suit over the last few years, but after Covid I?m hoping for some lightweight Californian wear, and so Harry might reappear here!

Macrobug67

Hope springs eternal!!! :teehee:

But what can we say about the brown loafers  :wacko:

Curryong

Quote from: Macrobug67 on July 26, 2021, 02:24:33 AM
Hope springs eternal!!! :teehee:

But what can we say about the brown loafers  :wacko:

At least it was better than the hole seen in the sole of one of the black shoes Harry wore to one royal engagement, picked up by a photographer! As for his brown loafers, at least they were new. CP Haakon of Norway has a pair of brown shoes he?s worn in public on every occasion for years, getting shabbier and shabbier and that has turned into a real joke in TRF male royal fashion thread. I suppose some males just don?t care about clothes and these two are perfect examples!

Although Harry did use to have some good ties at one stage, baby rabbits I remember and flying pigs designs.

Macrobug67

I have a tendency to wear a comfy pair of shoes continuously until they fall apart.  Currently its a pair of LL Bean leather slides that I have been wearing everyday for months.  I have weird feet and it's hard to find something that fits and comfortable.  So when I do  :blush:
So the attachment to an old pair of shoes I understand.  But buy several pairs so you can switch them out, guys.   I also believe that the shoe battle is one wives may need to back away from.  MM and Meghan may just need to turn a blind eye.    :P

Curryong

I have very strange feet, very wide ones with a high instep so I too understand about feeling comfy in a broken-in pair of shoes. Hi there Haakon and Harry!

We?re in the depths of winter at the moment and in lockdown as well so I am practically living, until bedtime, in a lambswool-lined pair of ugg boots that literally are falling to bits. Memo, Must get a new pair. However, royals being constantly photographed, males and females, should have a varied wardrobe, including shoes, even if it?s only for observers to be able to say ?Oh not that old thing again!? (The clothes not the royal!)

TLLK

^^^@Curryong-  :friends: We're obviously related when it comes to our feet!

By the way here is the most complete fashion gallery that I've found for Meghan. From 2012 to  her engagement to Prince Harry in 2017 to her fortieth birthday in 2021: evening, casual, maternity and official royal duties.

Meghan Markle Style - Photos of Meghan Markle's Best Fashion Moments

Curryong

My feet only allow me certain types and makes of shoes. They are very strict! Yours are obviously the same!

Thank you very much for the Meghan fashion gallery. I?ll enjoy seeing it.

TLLK

I have the exact same issues. I can only wear thong sandals because of my high instep. I have a very difficult time finding boots that will fit my feet. I typically have to go up a half size to accommodate my width.

Meghan on the other hand doesn't appear to have this problem.

Glad that you liked the gallery from Town and Country.  :happy:

TLLK

Here's Meghan's Sapphires for September.

She's worn some sapphire pieces most notably earrings, but it's not a gem that we've seen her wear routinely.

Birks Cushion Cut Sapphire and Double Diamond Halo Drop Earrings - Meghan Markle's Jewelry - Meghan's Fashion

She also owns a pink sapphire ring that has been seen recently after she announced her second pregnancy.
Meghan Markle Wore $1,114 Ring That Paid Tribute to Canada

QuoteThe Duchess of Sussex wore a $1,114 pink sapphire and diamond ring at her first appearance since announcing her pregnancy.

Meghan Markle wore the ethically-sourced ring by Canadian brand Ecksand during an appearance at Spotify's Stream On virtual event on Monday with Prince Harry.

Curryong

Diana loved sapphires and diamonds and had a large cache, most of the pieces returned to the Royal Collection following her divorce.

However, of her private collection I do find it very very strange that, though Diana?s private jewellery was supposed to be divided equably between her sons, the only pieces of any great value that I have ever seen Meghan wear has been an aquamarine cocktail ring.

No diamond and sapphire earrings or large sapphire engagement ring for her, apparently. Where are the equivalent pieces? If Harry had any jewellery of any great value given to him, one would have thought his wife would have been seen wearing them, but no. Not divided equally at all, perhaps.