Prince Andrew General Chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, October 15, 2016, 02:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on December 21, 2019, 05:03:16 PM
Verbier is not private, only their property, which is an investment, there are ''stationed'' paparazzi lurking at the best hot spots.  If not we wouldn't have the pictures of Charles, Diana, William, Harry, then later the Middleton's, William and other hundreds of VIP's that go there.

Yes, but my point is that for a good decade, except for one February when Harry and Cressida were there at Verbier, the Yorks have been left alone and not photographed. The paps just haven't bothered to take photos of them. Nor can they get into their chalet. The Yorks could be just as private there than at Sandringham, in fact much more so when you take the church attendance and walk into consideration.

Curryong

I really don't get what's behind this, if it's true of course, and you can never tell with tabloid journalism. Are Eugenie and Beatrice truly disgusted with their father's behaviour, really so appalled that they can't bear him near them?

Is it perhaps for PR, to show solidarity with the rest of the BRF? What has been Edo and Jack's role in this, if any at all? Has there been an unholy York family row?

And most intriguing of all, why has Fergie decided to hole up at Verbier with her 'girlies' instead of her hero, Andrew? Protecting her own image in case any incipient commercial interests object to her supporting her ex?

So many questions, to which we are not likely to get any answers!

Trudie

I agree @Curryong however, the girls and Jack will be with Andrew at Sandringham so I don't think they can't bear to be near him but then Christmas and the walk will be quite telling. Sarah is quite another story I'm sure she will protect her image by not being publicly seen with Andrew but she will continue to defend him Sarah is playing both sides of the fence.

wannable

I'm sure the York family don't want to be front page news in the New Year with Andrew plastered all over.  So the dad for once isn't being selfish, ensconced at the Royal Lodge, whilst his family can have their fun with paparazzi's at Verbier.  No pictures of Andrew, but yes a rehash because there isn't anything new to mention after the first few paragraphs of Fergie, Beatrice, Edoardo, Eugenie and Jack doing their NY activities there.

Curryong

The York family Xmas card, signed by them all and with the rear end of one of their dogs prominently featured.

Duke and Duchess of York's Christmas card hints at bad year | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Well the photo from Balmoral is lovely and that's all I plan to say. :xmas1:

Nightowl

Absolutely and totally disgusting for any member of the royal family to show a holiday card like this, this shows their arrogance and superiority that they think they are better then anyone else on this planet.    Andrew made this mess all because he thinks he is holier then God......and Sarah still rides the coat tails of the royal family.  She needs to be kicked to the curb and the door locked behind her.....I have NO respect for anyone who does this .......neither can nor will ever accept that they do something that is wrong......HM needs to put Andrew in is place for if not it will not go down well for Andrew in the future.....and Sarah needs to shut up and learn some manners and protocol.  She is nothing but trash, yesterday's garbage that stinks.

oak_and_cedar

Crass and tasteless. Just like them.

sandy

They are not married anymore, they send a card together? So obnoxious and disgusting. Is there really a DUke and DUchess of York couple. She is a divorcee not an HRH.

amabel

She is still the mother of his children and they have lved together on and off for some time. I seem to remember people claimng that they were sure to get married again...

sandy

They are not married, unless they know something the rest of the world doesn't.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on December 24, 2019, 05:40:56 PM
They are not married, unless they know something the rest of the world doesn't.
I didnt' say that they were married. But that many people seem to believe that they were a couple and planned to remarry later on.. perhaps when Philip was gone...

sandy

LouisFerdinand

Do you think that in the future Jack Brooksbank will want he and Princess Eugenie to send out their own Christmas card?

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on December 24, 2019, 08:11:15 PM
Do you think that in the future Jack Brooksbank will want he and Princess Eugenie to send out their own Christmas card?

Probably, after the couple have their first child.

However, Fergie's 'girlies' (and Eugenie's husband it seems) are firmly tied to her apron strings, even at their ages. That Xmas card has Fergie's mitts, and her attitude to life, all over it. 'We have to stick together.' '2019 was horrible, terrible' (for the York family, (the young girl victims aren't mentioned) 'so, like the dog's rear end, it's goodbye to all that, soon be forgotten and we go on as we have in the same carefree way'. 'Forget, forget, anything unpleasant and in 2020 the public will too' (symbolised by the road leading to a new horizon.)

Fergie has always been seriously deluded about past mistakes. Smiles, a psycho babble explanation and then move on. Don't mention it again. IMO she has not yet fully realised exactly what Andrew's future life is going to be like, and that includes future repercussions to herself as she has benefited from said lifestyle and his friends' largesse. She is in 'this is a blow but we go on' mode and the rest of the family has drank her Kool Aid. It is only later that reality will sink in, IMO.

oak_and_cedar

SF seems like a superficially charming person. But I don't think that she's capable of thinking of anyone but herself, or of any consequences. She comes across as unpleasant in some ways.

sandy

Sarah is in avoidance mode but in a crude way.

Trudie

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on December 24, 2019, 08:57:17 PM
SF seems like a superficially charming person. But I don't think that she's capable of thinking of anyone but herself, or of any consequences. She comes across as unpleasant in some ways.

I totally agree with you Sarah and Andrew were so well matched Sarah showed her colors while married to him having affairs with whatever millionaire took her on vacation Steve Wyatt, John Byron both love living a total champagne lifestyle on a royal bologna budget with rich benefactors no matter how shady they were. Yes she is selfish and to me seems to be unpleasant to those she deems lower than herself and as you said takes everyone as stupid or having short memories.

Blue Clover

Trudie, I agree! I always thought Andrew and Sarah were similar, in other words, well-matched. I think that is why they have stayed so close since their divorce so many years ago. I feel that Fergie will stick by Andrew 100% moving forward.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Nightowl on December 24, 2019, 07:19:51 AM
Absolutely and totally disgusting for any member of the royal family to show a holiday card like this, this shows their arrogance and superiority that they think they are better then anyone else on this planet.    Andrew made this mess all because he thinks he is holier then God......and Sarah still rides the coat tails of the royal family.  She needs to be kicked to the curb and the door locked behind her.....I have NO respect for anyone who does this .......neither can nor will ever accept that they do something that is wrong......HM needs to put Andrew in is place for if not it will not go down well for Andrew in the future.....and Sarah needs to shut up and learn some manners and protocol.  She is nothing but trash, yesterday's garbage that stinks.
It was certainly ill-judged.

sandy

Despite all the talk of Sarah being "let in" after Eugenie's wedding. Other than an appearance with the Queen she still stayed on the outside looking in.

dianab

Quote from: Curryong on December 24, 2019, 08:43:46 PM
Probably, after the couple have their first child.

However, Fergie's 'girlies' (and Eugenie's husband it seems) are firmly tied to her apron strings, even at their ages. That Xmas card has Fergie's mitts, and her attitude to life, all over it. 'We have to stick together.' '2019 was horrible, terrible' (for the York family, (the young girl victims aren't mentioned) 'so, like the dog's rear end, it's goodbye to all that, soon be forgotten and we go on as we have in the same carefree way'. 'Forget, forget, anything unpleasant and in 2020 the public will too' (symbolised by the road leading to a new horizon.)

Fergie has always been seriously deluded about past mistakes. Smiles, a psycho babble explanation and then move on. Don't mention it again. IMO she has not yet fully realised exactly what Andrew's future life is going to be like, and that includes future repercussions to herself as she has benefited from said lifestyle and his friends' largesse. She is in 'this is a blow but we go on' mode and the rest of the family has drank her Kool Aid. It is only later that reality will sink in, IMO.
I dont think Sarah should be blamed for this card... at least, not just her... the card is shameful... but Andrew is the most to blame for that IMO... he's the royal here... he hides behind Sarah (& her attitude to life) whom (he knows) will always be bashed and hold accountable, as she isnt the 'most darling of the queen'.

Double post auto-merged: December 26, 2019, 10:02:29 PM

Quote from: Blue Clover on December 26, 2019, 03:25:50 PM
Trudie, I agree! I always thought Andrew and Sarah were similar, in other words, well-matched. I think that is why they have stayed so close since their divorce so many years ago. I feel that Fergie will stick by Andrew 100% moving forward.
i think they stayed 'close' because she knows where all his skeletons are... and in this way she can keep her lifestyle

jerry4

You know about the card this is the back I found cute, and this was not the first time they used the dogs in the photo of the card. York's always do some "fun" photos
Sarah since I accompany the royal family signs the card
The card has 4 more photos ....
I imagine that if the card were the York's smiling as if nothing had happened they would have been criticized as well.
In my opinion it was an interesting solution.

Ps' And I loved the card that the puppies are in the drawers I think ah about 2 years ago

Princess Cassandra

He may certainly be lying low. IMO the phrase "frozen out" is not accurate. They may have all decided that it's better he didn't go, or maybe he has other things to do, like visit with his solicitors. But judging from their approach to the issue so far, it's doubtful his ex-wife and daughters would "freeze him out".

Double post auto-merged: January 04, 2020, 04:43:45 AM

Quote from: amabel on December 21, 2019, 10:04:34 AM
Its possible that the girls have had to come to terms with his behaviour and go on loving him even if they disapprove of some of the things he does.  but for the present, its possible that "big parites" whether in private or like the birthday pary may look bad -... and they will cut back on them.  We don't know. I don't expect them or the RF in general to all turn their backs on him.. he is family and they love him.. but I thik it should be kept very private..  because it does look at times that the Queen is supporting him to an extent that looks like over looking his behaviour. Im sure the daughters are more scandalised.. that their father had such a cavalier attitude to young women of their age.. but still he is their father.  As for Fergie... she has had to stick with Andrew for many years now because he HAS been loyal to her and he and she have a rather similar unpleasant attitude about money.... Im afraid. I don't think Andy was so bad in this respect years ago.. but he became more extravagant and I suspect that's when he started with the dubius friendships to make more money for himself and for the ever greedy Fergie...
I think you are making a lot of sense.