Royal Tour 2014: Engagements and appearance in Australia

Started by Jenee, April 07, 2014, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: Lothwen on April 22, 2014, 01:07:52 AM
I'm asking this in all honesty:  Are the grounds at Government House considered private property? 

I don't know if these pictures were staged or not, but I do think there's a reason for the Cambridges keeping silent this time around, and that's because the pictures show Kate in a positive light.

Well... according to the Daily Express both KP and the Government of Australia asked the photos not be published. The only time any royals complain whether the Cambridges, Prince Harry or the Queen herself and she has complained in the past about paps at Sandringham and Balmoral is when they think they're is an expectation of privacy. Its up to the media to decide on whats ethical and whats not.

QuoteViewers and readers accused two Australian television channels and a newspaper of invading the family's privacy after Kensington Palace and the federal government had both asked media organisations not to run the pictures of Kate, William and baby George.

"You just couldn't leave them alone on their one day of rest," wrote one angry reader on the Sydney Daily Telegraph's website.

Another wrote: "Not sure why photographers feel the need to invade their obvious privacy 24/7."

...However, Palace officials acknowledged the media were entitled to publish the footage and photographs.

An aide said: "We were just anxious that it didn't turn into a circus. We would rather the pictures weren't taken but it was no more than a gentle request."
More: Row over photos published of Kate and William on a 'rest day' during Australia tour | Royal | News | Daily Express

Lothwen

^What you say may be correct, but I still am of the belief that the reason they are not going to complain or sue the photographer or seek any criminal damages is because these pictures are good PR for the couple.  The pictures in France were not good PR. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

PrincessOfPeace

They did ask according to the article but acknowledge it wasn't illegal. France was illegal. If you don't like the privacy laws of France thats an issue for their government. A husband and wife sunbathing topless at a private residence is hardly bad PR.

Lothwen

^A husband and wife stating they couldn't attend the rest of the Paralympics because they had to prepare for their Jubilee tour, being papped on vacation in the South of France?  That's bad PR.   Being papped naked, is embarrassing.

Being papped holding hands with your spouse, and playing with your child?  That's good PR.
Harryite 12-005

PrincessOfPeace

I'm what is considered Christian conservative in Britain and even I know it wasn't embarrassing. The polls taken in Britain certainly sided with W&K. I know you don't like polls but they were taken.  Now if you're talking the RIF then I agree it was considered bad PR.

Limabeany

They sided with them because most people did not know they were ditching the Paralympics (how unpolitically correct, deceitful and offensive can you get?) because the press conveniently glossed over that juicy story on their behalf and addressed only the naked photos as if that were the ONLY story...  :Lothwen: As far as these pictures, according to people who saw Australian TV, there was footage on TV of William and Kate walking in the garden and Kate went out with George to walk in the same garden later the same day...  :shrug:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

PrincessOfPeace

Can you quote an article or press release where it states they were supposed to attend the closing of the paralympics and then ditched them because I've looked and can't find anything.

I'm glad the moderators are allowing so much leeway on this thread about Australia to allow France and the paralympics to be discussed even though I know the purpose is to have ago at W&K.  Surprise, surprise. 

Live updates: Royal tour 2014 live: Prince William and Kate Middleton visit Australia's iconic Uluru - Mirror Online

Lothwen

^You're right, we're getting off-topic.  I have created a new topic to discuss the Royals and their attitudes towards the press

Royals and the Press
Harryite 12-005

Limabeany

Excellent, Lothwen...  :hug: PrincessOfPeace, it is well known, I am sure you will have no problem finding such. Back on Le Topic.  :flower:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lothwen

I actually liked the pictures, and I think that Kate has shown herself to be a very hands-on and comfortable mother (I say Kate and not William because it's Kate in the pictures, and not as a dig towards William), but I do hope that when they get back to England that they start to take George on some more engagements.  Obviously I don't expect to see him too often, not these first couple of years of his life, but he is future King right now, and he has a role to play.
Harryite 12-005

Princessinwaiting

Quote from: Lothwen on April 22, 2014, 03:13:15 AM
^You're right, we're getting off-topic.  I have created a new topic to discuss the Royals and their attitudes towards the press

Royals and the Press

:hug: :love6: thanks Lothwen , we were srsly in need of a thread discussing royals and their attitudes towards the press .

sara8150

Kate and Wills arrive in the heart of Australia: Royal couple receive traditional Aborigine welcome as they arrive at Uluru
Kate and Wills arrive in the heart of Australia: Royal couple receive traditional Aborigine welcome as they arrive at Uluru | Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 04:51:11 AM

Kate and William's romantic away day in the 'most remote place on earth': Duke and Duchess leave George behind as they spend night at Uluru
Will and Kate to enjoy romantic stroll at Uluru the 'most remote place on earth' they've ever been | Mail Online

PrincessOfPeace

British Royals ‏@britishroyals

William & Kate meet school children at the Cultural Centre. William even tickled one of the kids #RoyalVisitAus  Twitter / britishroyals: William & Kate meet school ...

Too cute!

Princessinwaiting

So I'm free now and I'm watching the live stream Watch Reuters Live Online live at Livestation.com
how is kate controlling herself ......such weird customs  :blank:

sara8150

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteThe Duke of Cambridge seemed delighted with the 2 metre weapon when he and his Duchess flew to Australia's red centre to visit indigenous people at Ayers Rock, known by Aborigines as Uluru.

His hosts suggested he could put his brother Prince Harry through his paces with it and Kate, 32, appeared to agree when she handled the spear. "You could do some damage," she said.

Kate was wearing an oatmeal-coloured sleeveless Roksanda Ilincic dress with belted waist detail and her trusty LK Bennett nude heels. William was dressed for a day in 32C temperatures in smart sand-coloured chinos and a safari-style linen shirt with his sleeves rolled up.

The royal couple received a traditional Aboriginal welcome when they arrived at Uluru and were showered with presents later.
More: William and Kate go on a royal walkabout in the Australian outback | Royal | News | Daily Express

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived in the Red Centre of Australia to visit the country's most famous natural landmark, Uluru.

The royal visitors left Prince George with his nanny in Canberra to take a Royal Australian Air Force flight to Yulara airport.

The Duchess, wearing a sleeveless dress by Roksanda Ilincic, and the Duke were met at the airport by Sally Thomas, administrator of the Northern Territory, Adam Giles, Chief Minister of the Northern Territory, and two members of the indigenous Anangu people, Vincent Nipper and Daisy Walkabout.
More: Royal tour: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Uluru - Telegraph

marine2109

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Tour Australia And New Zealand - Day 16 - Pictures - Zimbio

AFP | ImfDiffusion - KATE & WILLIAM /

Royal Family Pictures | Royalty Photo Gallery | Getty Images

face to face

Queen & Princesses Watchers: Voyage officiel en Nouvelle Zélande et en Australie - 14ième jour

Prince William and Kate Middleton pay a visit to Uluru ? Ayers Rock - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 11:17:38 AM

Prince William and Kate Middleton's 'glamping' adventure for a night beneath the stars - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 11:29:10 AM

BILLEDER: Hertuginde Catherines stil i New Zealand og Australien | Billed Bladet

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 11:30:13 AM

Prins William och Kate framme i Ayers Rock | Svensk Damtidning

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 11:33:35 AM

El Príncipe Jorge se divierte con los Duques de Cambridge en el zoo de Sidney - Bekia

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 11:37:25 AM

Kate y Guillermo, se adetran en el peculiar paisaje australiano - Diez Minutos

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 11:38:53 AM

Herzogin Catherine + Prinz William: Mit Prinz George auf Reisen | GALA.DE

En images. Journée au zoo pour le petit prince George - Paris Match

Kate et William en Australie. Baby George vole encore la vedette - Paris Match

Royal Blog. L'album photo du prince George - Paris Match

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 11:40:53 AM

Los duques de Cambridge llegan al corazón de Australia... sin George

El vestido rojo de su llegada a Nueva Zelanda | El ?efecto Kate? arrasa en Australia: todos los vestidos de su viaje oficial

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 11:41:51 AM

Kate, Guillermo y George, un día en el Zoo

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 11:46:09 AM

Wort.lu - Britain's baby Prince George visits Australian zoo

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 12:00:06 PM

face to face

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 12:00:37 PM

www.Brunopress.com

cinrit

Not sure if this should be here or in the new thread and the Royals and the media, but since the Palace is not making a big deal of it, I'm putting it here for now to keep it with the Australia tour articles.

QuoteRow Over Photos Published of Kate and William On a 'Rest Day' During Australia Tour

Photographs published of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge relaxing on a day off during their royal tour of Australia sparked a backlash last night.  Viewers and readers accused two Australian television channels and a newspaper of invading the family's privacy after Kensington Palace and the federal government had both asked media organisations not to run the pictures of Kate, William and baby George.

"You just couldn't leave them alone on their one day of rest," wrote one angry reader on the Sydney Daily Telegraph's website.
Royal aides were initially upset that the cameras from Australia's mainstream commercial channels 9 and 10 and the Telegraph had been able to get the shots entirely legally from a spot just outside the Government House perimeter.

However, Palace officials acknowledged the media were entitled to publish the footage and photographs.  An aide said: "We were just anxious that it didn't turn into a circus. We would rather the pictures weren't taken but it was no more than a gentle request."

More: Row over photos published of Kate and William on a 'rest day' during Australia tour | Royal | News | Daily Express

Day Sixteen: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Uluru - a set on Flickr

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

robynrose

Looking at the pics taken I am going to say the name wrong and I do not want to offend anyone  but where they were yesterday . So many beautiful pics were tweeted by the reporters and photogehers . We get in the DM Kate and Will in front and for me it was a so so pic . There are shadows of the photogehers in the pic . BIg let down after the big hype . Of course we get the Charles Diana comparasion better pic

Bingo darn put this in wrong thread  sorry
[mod]Post moved across :flower:[/mod]

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 02:43:44 PM

The pics from yesterday were disappointing . The reporters and photogehers were tweeting pics of the place they were beautiful . we get Will and Kate nothing special about the pic . Maybe it was the time of the day and about of time these guys get . They had 90 seconds to get their pics . They do really well under the circumstances . Kate and Will rush right on . Sham the pic has shadows of the snappers in it

cinrit

From Clarence House's Storify account:

QuoteDay Sixteen: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Visit Uluru

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge spent the day visiting Uluru today, where they spent time at the Cultural Centre at the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park and the National Indigenous Training Academy.

At the National Indigenous Training Academy, The Duke and Duchess met trainees who are studying to go on to work in the hospitality and tourism industry and presented certificates to graduates.

They were given a gift of a spear by a husband and wife, indigenous couple Kamurin and Sherelle Young, who are students at the Academy and hope to become managers in hotels.

More: Day Sixteen: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Uluru (with images, tweets) · clarencehouse · Storify

Cindy

TLLK

Spectacular scenery under a deep blue sky. They were fortunate to visit it when there were waterfalls flowing. Glad to see that the hospitality program is in place to provide employment opportunities for the residents.

PaulaB

Quote from: sara8150 on April 22, 2014, 06:35:58 AM
William and Kate visit Australia's iconic Uluru — and prepare for a night under the stars
Prince William and Kate Middleton pay a visit to Uluru ? Ayers Rock - hellomagazine.com

Great thing to do I did it many years ago.  Watching the sun set on Uluru is amazing. I saw the pictures of Diana and Charles and William and Catherine and there quite a difference, the gap between Diana and Charles the way they seemed to be leaning away from each other compared with the picture of William and Catherine with no gap and leaning towards each other.
Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, follow in Charles and Diana's footsteps at Uluru | Mail Online

robynrose

Funny how we all see different things I thought the pics of Diana and Charles wee wonderful . He is smiling at her and she looks beautiful . We are talking 1983 she was about 22 yrs old . I read that when Kate and Will were at the Opera House there was about 3 or 4 thousand people Diana and Charles 200,000 thousand people were out that day The tour has been very light . Think Kate has done well The tour was planned not to push them to do much and it was a success She takes a pretty pic and think Will has looked better than he has for quite a while Pretty soon it will be over and the rest of the Royals will continue to work These two are headed to their new country home unless they can slip out to another holiday far away

cinrit

^^ I think the difference between the two photographs is that Charles and Diana are standing apart from each other with airspace between them, while William and Kate are standing very closely next to each other.  It could be because William and Kate have been together longer and feel more comfortable with each other, or it could be a sign of the times.  It's not that big a deal, but it's noticeable.

Cindy

sara8150

Duke and Duchess echo his parents visit to Ayers Rock 31 years ago
William and Kate channel his parents from 30 years earlier in photos taken at Ayers Rock - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 08:43:42 PM

Kate Middleton: Prince George Has Grown An "Extra Fat Roll" While on Royal Tour
Kate Middleton: Baby George Grew An "Extra Fat Roll" During Royal Tour - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 08:45:49 PM

Kate Middleton, Prince William Pose for Pics at Ayers Rock, Are Endearingly Awkward
Kate Middleton, Prince William Take Sweetly Awkward Pics at Ayers Rock - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 08:50:12 PM

Prince George Has Added an 'Extra Fat Roll' on Vacation, Says Kate
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20809120,00.html

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 09:07:34 PM

Prince George on majesty cover

Image codes: image

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 09:09:33 PM

Quote from: sara8150 on April 22, 2014, 08:40:17 PM
Duke and Duchess echo his parents visit to Ayers Rock 31 years ago
William and Kate channel his parents from 30 years earlier in photos taken at Ayers Rock - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 08:43:42 PM

Kate Middleton: Prince George Has Grown An "Extra Fat Roll" While on Royal Tour
Kate Middleton: Baby George Grew An "Extra Fat Roll" During Royal Tour - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 08:45:49 PM

Kate Middleton, Prince William Pose for Pics at Ayers Rock, Are Endearingly Awkward
Kate Middleton, Prince William Take Sweetly Awkward Pics at Ayers Rock - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 08:50:12 PM

Prince George Has Added an 'Extra Fat Roll' on Vacation, Says Kate
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20809120,00.html

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 09:07:34 PM

Prince George on majesty cover

View image: image

Double post auto-merged: April 22, 2014, 09:41:19 PM

Crikey! William channels 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin in top-to-toe khaki (but at least he didn't wear his father's safari suit)
Prince William channels Steve Irwin in top-to-toe khaki | Mail Online