Duchess of Cambridge' tour wardrobe / fashion / style ,.etc

Started by Princessinwaiting, April 06, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princessinwaiting

8 Outfits for Kate Middleton's Australia Trip:fashion:glamour.com:fashion:glamour.com
Quote"Kate is taking this tour very seriously," the source added. "She's putting a lot of thought into what she wears and she's opting for some quite expensive choices as a result."

Kate Middleton Commissions Ralph & Russo To Make Gown For Australia Tour | Grazia Fashion

Any suggestions of what you'd like to see kate in for the tour ?

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteTwo unknown New Zealand jewellery designers are set to be thrust onto the international stage after Kate picked four of their designs to wear on tour.

Tory & Ko, run by young mothers Victoria Taylor and Kirstin O'Brien, have been asked to supply three pairs of earrings and a necklace.

They were recommended by Miss Taylor's sister, New York based fashion designer Rebecca Taylor, who has previously dressed the Duchess. Apparently Kensington Palace 'liked what they saw'.
More: Duchess of Cambridge adds Kiwi designers to wardrobe for royal tour Down Under | Mail Online

QuoteAs the Duchess readies more than 30 outfits for her upcoming official tour of Australia and New Zealand, we take a look at the Antipodean designers she could be set to wear
Our suggestions for the Duchess of Cambridge's Antipodean tour wardrobe - Telegraph

Lady Adams

So, the truth comes out...I *love* watching Kate's style and wardrobe choices.  :hide:

Here are my top sources:

What Kate Wore: an excellent blog that is updated quickly with IDs on outfits and beautiful, though limited, photos. Susan, the editor, does great predictions of what Kate will wear (she called the Tory & KO jewelry YEARS ago).

However, my secret weapon for the absolute LATEST updates are from WKW's public Facebook page. The women are there are relentless and will not stop at discovering what Kate is wearing/buying/ordering. Nearly all are very much pro-Kate, and it is a sweet community.

Another one I like is Go Fug Yourself: a youthful blog that enjoys covering royal fashion, and has said it will cover this tour. Usually has slideshows with funny captions.

Twitter is also a great source in real time. I like:
@WhatKateWore
@AnnieElizabethN
@HRHKateBlog

Looking forward to seeing some fun fashion!
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Princessinwaiting

Kate Middleton to Wear Dress by Beyonce's Designer Ralph and Russo in Australia:fashion:glamour.com
You may recognize the work of the London-based Aussie duo by this custom pearl-accented boysuit that Queen Bey wore on her Mrs. Carter tour. Ralph & Russo's designs are a favorite of top-earning celebrities, thanks in part to red-carpet-ready shape and detail (see: Angelina Jolie in futuristic white), but also Forbes-list-only high price points. Grazia reports that the couture label's cocktail dresses start around $80,000 each.
Yes looking forward to all her fashion choices for the next 3 weeks !

Double post auto-merged: April 06, 2014, 05:44:08 PM

Royal visit: Royal stylists taking pick of local labels

Showroom 22 director Murray Bevan said palace stylists discreetly visited some of the country's best-known labels to add to the stylish travelling wardrobe of the Duchess of Cambridge. Some of the garments plucked off rails and taken back to England included Karen Walker, Trelise Cooper and World.

Double post auto-merged: April 06, 2014, 05:53:56 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge will champion local jewellery designers on her tour Down Under - and has asked Wellington-based jewellery duo Tory & Ko Jewellers to supply four pieces.
In the same way she wore Canadian designer Erdem to visit Canada in 2011 and championed the work of Singapore-born Prabal Gurang in 2012 she is expected to wear clothes by New Zealand and Australian designers on this tour.
Royal tour 2014: Kate Middleton will dazzle in diamonds and pearls from New Zealand designers during visit - Mirror Online

HereditaryPrincess

It appears that Kate is going to have a fairly big wardrobe during her Australia/New Zealand tour. I must say that I am looking forward into seeing her outfits! :nod:

Lady Adams

As they change planes, Kate is wearing a (repeated) Max Mara wrap dress she wore when she had a first noticeable bump last year (photos here). Pic from the live feed.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Jenee

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on April 06, 2014, 07:49:43 PM
It appears that Kate is going to have a fairly big wardrobe during her Australia/New Zealand tour. I must say that I am looking forward into seeing her outfits! :nod:

Same here... some of her outfits really hit the mark (although it's very hit or miss - our fashion sensibilities only overlap a bit).
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Lady Adams

Uh-oh. Wind blew up her skirt as she went down the plane steps... I can imagine the headlines.

We warned her  :shrug:

Limabeany

The six times it has happened before should have been warning enough...  :shrug:
I am not fond of the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band look, never have been (but, that is a personal preference, I know others love the look) I don't think the hat is complimentary to her but the red tone certainly is and the hemline is the perfect length though unweighted, yet again.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

^^ Eh, I'm not a huge fan of it either. The red color is flattering, and the hemline is appropriate though!

Uuuf. There must not be any weights in that dress, looking at this photo.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteTwo unknown New Zealand jewellery designers are set to be thrust onto the international stage after Kate picked four of their designs to wear on tour.

Tory & Ko, run by young mothers Victoria Taylor and Kirstin O'Brien, have been asked to supply three pairs of earrings and a necklace.

They were recommended by Miss Taylor's sister, New York based fashion designer Rebecca Taylor, who has previously dressed the Duchess. Apparently Kensington Palace 'liked what they saw'.
More: Duchess of Cambridge adds Kiwi designers to wardrobe for royal tour Down Under | Mail Online

Limabeany

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 07, 2014, 01:41:30 AM
Uuuf. There must not be any weights in that dress, looking at this photo.
She really is an exhibitionist, there is no other explanation at this point and after all this time...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

FanDianaFancy

They  are  going to  be  really  good choices  of outfits.
She  is  pretty  girl with good weight, height.
Easy fit in  aline  and  in gathered  dresses.

PW and K and  even PG  will wow them and  ,my opinion, from months ago, this  tour   is over  before it  began in that they  wowed them. Won them over inn NZ, Australia.  Great pr.
great outfits. Perfect  catch  phrases, jokes. Looks  at  the people. Walk about. All of it!

Princessinwaiting

The Duchess of Cambridge has turned to one of Princess Diana's favourite designers to mark the start of her first tour of Australia and New Zealand with Prince William and
Fashion News - Vogue Australia,30309

I just loved this coat it's , the hat and everything it's so Jackie O. So elegant and classy her fashion game was on point  :Jen: :thumbsup:

Lothwen

I would like the coat better if it were fitted closer to her body. That way it couldn't fly up in the wind. 
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: Princessinwaiting on April 07, 2014, 05:51:50 AM
The Duchess of Cambridge has turned to one of Princess Diana's favourite designers to mark the start of her first tour of Australia and New Zealand with Prince William and
Fashion News - Vogue Australia,30309

I just loved this coat it's , the hat and everything it's so Jackie O. So elegant and classy her fashion game was on point  :Jen: :thumbsup:

You and me both, Catherine is upping the fashion stakes!

Royal tour in pictures: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in New Zealand - Telegraph

Princessinwaiting

Quote :banana:

Royal Tour 2014: We ask what's in Kate Middleton's suitcase?

For royal fashion fans worldwide, the event of the year has begun: the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have touched down at Wellington Airport to start the royal tour of Australia and New Zealand.

As we revise our sleeping schedules so we can keep up with events (New Zealand is HOW MANY hours ahead?) and begin finding new Twitter accounts to follow in the southern hemisphere, one question is on our collective minds.... what has Kate got packed in her suitcase?

Royal Tour 2014: We ask what?s in Kate Middleton's suitcase? | Metro News
Regal Fashion Time !!!  :vday4: :Jen: :vday4:Duchess of Cambridge is immaculate as she touches down in Australia following 22-hour flight wearing recycled £310 MaxMara wrap dress | Mail Online

Not a hair out of place! Duchess of Cambridge is immaculate as she touches down in Australia following 22-hour flight wearing recycled £310 MaxMara wrap dressKate, however, will not be taking a dresser on her tour of Australia – preferring to organise her necessarily extensive wardrobe herself.
Although the idea of employing someone to organise your wardrobe seems rather archaic, the Duchess is likely to have around 32 changes of dress during the 45 plus engagement trip – sometimes having to swap outfits two or three times a day.
[/size][/i]

It's so smart what she did there :D started with a recycled outfit to avoid critics and months before the tour only recycled her clothes to make sure no tongues start wagging about price tags and 30 + new outfits  :yesss: very smart thing to do .

She was classy as ever getting out of that plane with heels a wet tarmac and a squirming baby looking still managing to like perfection ... my role model  :coy: :coy:  :teehee:

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

PrincessOfPeace

I think the Duchess of Cambridge looks beautiful!  Love her outfit!

Princessinwaiting

What Kate Wore
^^^ good source for kates tour wardrobe .

On a rainy, blustery afternoon Kate, William and Prince George arrived in Wellington, New Zealand to start their Royal Tour.

The Duchess wore a label with a history among royals, Catherine Walker, seen in the images shared by ITV's Georgina Brewer.

The shoe (nude) has a lower heel than we generally see Kate in, 2.75″, but it makes very good sense for getting through the VIP area of the Sydney airport.

Double post auto-merged: April 07, 2014, 11:29:55 AM

:flower:   Symbolism
According to Māori legend, the silver fern once lived in the sea. It was asked to come and live in the forest to play a significant role in guiding the Māori people.  Māori hunters and warriors used the silver underside of the fern leaves to find their way home. When bent over, the fronds would catch the moonlight and illuminate a path through the forest.

This distinctly New Zealand symbol is considered a badge of honour by the people, products and services of our country that carry it.

The pin is borrowed from the Queen, it was given to HM as a Christmas gift by the Women of Auckland during her 1953-54 Commonwealth Tour.

Kate effect lol

A quick update about Prince George's Kangaroo backpack that sold out within minutes of it being identified: the Save the Koala Shop will be getting more in.  The shop is affiliated with the Australian Koala Foundation, the group's CEO tells Rebecca English of the Daily Mail that more have been ordered

Double post auto-merged: April 07, 2014, 11:35:36 AM

What Would Catherine Wear?

Rongotai/Wellington 07 April - Arriving at Wellington International Airport & Official Welcoming at Government House 

Catherine Walker Red Coat with Silver Buttons (Custom)Emmy "Valerie" Pumps in Chocolate Brown ($660)Emmy "Natasha" Clutch in Chocolate Brown ($480)Kiki McDonough "Grace" White Topaz and Diamond Studs ($1150)HM's New Zealand Diamond Fern Brooch (Loaned)Gina Foster "Seaford" Fascinator in Custom Red ($745)

marine2109

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge landed in Wellington today accompanied by an entourage of staff including Prince George's new nanny, Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo, 43.
Hired less than a month ago, the Spaniard was pictured today for the first time with the royal party as she got off the Royal New Zealand Air Force jet.
Also there to help the Cambridges on their three-week tour of New Zealand were Kate's private hairdresser, two private secretaries, a personal assistant, and a former British ambassador to Washington who is there to advise the royal couple.
But despite having to coordinate around 32 changes of dress during the trip to New Zealand and Spain, the duchess has not taken a dresser, preferring to organise her wardrobe herself.

Cambridge and Co: Kate and William land in New Zealand with Prince George flanked by entourage including new Spanish nanny and Duchess's personal

Limabeany

Daddy, this wind is playing havoc with our hair! William and George show off matching hairstyles as they touch down in New Zealand | Mail Online

Kate - freshly tended to by on-board hairdresser, Amanda Cook Tucker (paid for by Prince Charles out of his private fortune) - looked eminently salon-worthy, if a little wind-whipped. A red pillbox hat secured her long hair.

Top stylist Cook Tucker charges £300 a day, plus travel costs, for her hairdressing services. She previously accompanied the Duchess of Cambridge on the Diamond Jubilee tour of the Far East in September 2012, when Prince Charles again footed the bill.

However, unlike Kate, the Duke of Cambridge and his crowning glory were left to face the elements without the administrations of a personal hairdresser, the protection of hairspray - or even a hat.

Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales undertook a journey similar to that which the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will tackle over the next few weeks - Princes William and George even the same age.

cinrit

QuoteKate's Wardrobe Set to be the Best of British for Royal Tour

The Duchess of Cambridge looked as chic as ever as she arrived in New Zealand today to begin a tour of the country with Princes William and George.  At Sydney Airport the Duchess sported a grey MaxMara dress which she first wore when she was three months pregnant with Prince George.

She then made a quick change into a double-breasted red Catherine Walker dress and coat, with matching Gina Foster pillbox hat, looking every inch the Princess as she disembarked the plane in Wellington.

She also wore a diamond and platinum silver fern brooch lent to her by the Queen.

More: Kate Middleton supports British and local fashion designers on royal tour down under | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace