Books about and written by the Sussexes Part 2

Started by TLLK, November 12, 2021, 12:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

wannable

Meghan Markle 'rang her PR team and was hysterical' when Vanity Fair cover led on her relationship with Harry and not her 'philanthropy' to anger of Palace, claims bombshell new book
Meghan appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair's September 2017 issue
In her interview, she was instructed not to go into detail about her relationship
However, she told interviewer Sam Kashner that she and Harry were 'in love'
The cover ran with the headline 'Wild About Harry' - to the Palace's dismay
According to a new book by author Tom Bower, Meghan called her PR agency describing Buckingham Palace's fury upon seeing the magazine cover

Meghan Markle called her PR team in hysterics after Buckingham Palace reacted with 'fury' to her Vanity Fair interview about Prince Harry, a bombshell new book has claimed.

Tom Bower, journalist and author of 'Revenge: Meghan, Harry and the war between the Windsors', says Meghan was 'ecstatic' when she was asked to appear on the cover of Vanity Fair's September 2017 issue and do an interview with the magazine.

But when the magazine ran with the headline 'Wild About Harry' on its cover -  focusing on Meghan's relationship with the British prince rather than her work as an actor, activist and philanthropist - Bower says the Palace was taken aback.

Within hours of the magazine's pre-publication copies being sent to Buckingham Palace, Bower says Meghan phoned her PR firm and 'hysterically' told them of the Palace's fury.

Meghan Markle was hysterical' after Buckingham Palace reacted to her Vanity Fair interview | Daily Mail Online

I suppose extracts will be purchased by different media outlets

PrincessOfPeace

"Sunshine Sachs had demanded that the magazine satisfy Meghan's requirement that she be presented  as a philanthropist and activist, without considering one problem: Vanity Fair's scrupulous researchers could find no evidence of Meghan's global philanthropy and activism"

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1547996293015842817?s=20&t=ywwYsLecy9u28LZs70V7Kg

wannable

:lol: :happycry: :eyes: :o :wacko: :no: :cry:

A bunch of smiley faces to describe extracts, I might just purchase the ebook!

How crazy is this!
She was equally furious that her battle with P&G was omitted. Kashner resisted revealing that Vanity Fair's fact checkers had raised questions about its accuracy and, after consulting P&G and advertising historians, had concluded they could not prove the whole story. They could also find no evidence, as Meghan claimed, that she received a reply from Clinton. Unknown to Kashner, Thomas Markle knew Clinton and P&G had not replied to Meghan. The success of her 'campaign' was fictitious, invented by an adoring father.
She complained because she wasn't presented in the way she wanted,?recalled Kashner. She demanded that the media do what she expects. I felt manipulated.
archive.ph

wannable

Here is more from The Times (so far 3 archives, 1. posted by Princess of Peace 2. Wannable (previous file from this comment) 3. Wannable 3 hours posted in twitter by The Times.

archive.ph

Meghan felt she was the victim. Prince Harry went in to fight for her

A blow-by-blow account charts how repeated clashes with the Palace over family, charity and protocol led, inevitably, to Megxit

wannable

By order of timeline (of what The Times have purchased from TB and how they are publishing it)

2017 archive.ph
2018 archive.ph
2021 archive.ph

Curryong

This appears to be a usual Bowyer hatchet job, similar to what he produced about Charles and other people he has torn into in his books. However he appears to have come up blank with regard to exactly what was happening behind the scenes at KP and BP in the years between 2017 and 2020. And most of what he has printed here has been seen in newspapers before.

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on July 16, 2022, 06:46:36 PM
"Sunshine Sachs had demanded that the magazine satisfy Meghan's requirement that she be presented  as a philanthropist and activist, without considering one problem: Vanity Fair's scrupulous researchers could find no evidence of Meghan's global philanthropy and activism"

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1547996293015842817?s=20&t=ywwYsLecy9u28LZs70V7Kg

Google is your friend.

Markle spoke at the 2014 summit for the international charity One Young World in Dublin[149] and attended the 2016 opening ceremony in Ottawa.[150] Also in 2014, she toured Spain, Italy, Turkey, Afghanistan and England with the United Service Organizations.[151] During her time in Toronto, she volunteered for the Community Meals Program of St. Felix Centre and donated food from the set of Suits.[152][153]

In 2016, Markle became a global ambassador for World Vision Canada, traveling to Rwanda for the Clean Water Campaign.[154][155][30] After a trip to India focused on raising awareness for women's issues, she penned an op-ed for Time magazine concerning stigmatization of women in regard to menstrual health.[156] She has also worked with the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women as an advocate.[154][157] Meghan is a vocal feminist and intended to use her role as a member of the royal family to continue supporting women's rights and social justice.[158] In 2017, Markle joined Prince Harry in teaming up with the charity Elephants Without Borders to assist with the conservation efforts taking place in Botswana.[159]

Visits to Rwanda and India before marriage. WorldVision.

Meghan Markle's Charity Work | World Vision UK

wannable

^ Vanity Fair calls that the usual hollywood philanthropic PR.  Paid travels by an agency (SS) to take pictures with the poor. Yes it is done by hollywood actors and actresses.  I think the only true one is Keanu Reeves, like 10 years later one gets to find out his charity doings that come from him rather than a hollywood agent

This is 000.5% of the entire book.

I sincerely believed (until today) in the P&G story, not anymore (only IF Meghan pulls out the Clinton letter). 

I never ever thought Serena Williams would tell TB that Meghan is just an acquaintance/a person you know slightly but they aren't friends. And goes on with a famous quote that would leave anyone 'don't call ever again'.

Just the first part (P&G) thingy, she (and her dad agreeing) is a con artist.

Curryong

wannable

Well they are traitors to ''her'' now.  TB book is based on 'recorded' interviews.

Perhaps the key word is some or all of TB's sources felt 'manipulated'.

One can meet someone, then change your mind later on when more meat comes into light so to speak.

Curryong

Proctor and Gamble have never denied that Meghan asked them to change a commercial. There was a clip of Meghan speaking about it as an eleven year old in class.

They are partners with the Sussexes.

Meghan Markle Partnering With Company She Challenged 28 Years Ago

And as for Hillary Clinton she has praised Meghan several times in public. And visited her in England.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 16, 2022, 10:23:54 PM
Well they are traitors to ''her'' now.  TB book is based on 'recorded' interviews.

Perhaps the key word is some or all of TB's sources felt 'manipulated'.

One can meet someone, then change your mind later on when more meat comes into light so to speak.

Serena met Meghan several times and there are others occasions when she speaks warmly about her. And I can well believe that sources felt manipulated, by Tom Bowyer.

Serena Williams praises Meghan Markle's bravery in exposing 'pain and cruelty' - Mirror Online

wannable

The book went through lawyers, all sources were confirmed.  What is so hard to not understand that these sources stand with TB and the book is 'actually' out for purchase with delivery date asap, like you can get it tomorrow.

Vanity Fair got in touch with P&G and advertisement historians...come on now, her DAD when SHE was good with him, he agreed to play the P&G part ficticious story.

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on July 16, 2022, 10:27:29 PM
Serena met Meghan several times and there are others occasions when she speaks warmly about her. And I can well believe that sources felt manipulated, by Tom Bowyer.

So Serena stating now that Meghan is just an acquaintance is BS?  She's a source, she agreed to talk to TB, the book fine tooth lawyers ask the suing questions, do you agree with what you said, can we publish this part as it is, yes or no. (unlike Harry who is in deep trouble, his stories do not have sources that 'can' say yes it is as he recounts, update of his book)

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 16, 2022, 10:31:16 PM
So Serena stating now that Meghan is just an acquaintance is BS?

Is Serena praising Meghan again and again in various clips and articles BS? She calls Meghan her friend in the IG I just posted. Was she lying then?

wannable

March 2021

We are in July 2022. 

You think TB would use Serena Williams and actually Serena using a famous quote of stop hiding, no. This acquaintanceship with Meghan is over.  This isn't TB first book first dance.  Serena signed up for this book, he isn't stupid. (Every source has to sign up agreeing with whatever they said to make a book get published, period. The End) Something allegedly Harry doesn't have, no one, not a single source will confirm his especially bad stories with whomever.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 16, 2022, 10:39:11 PM
March 2021

We are in July 2022. 

You think TB would use Serena Williams and actually Serena using a famous quote of stop hiding, no. This acquaintanceship with Meghan is over.  This isn't TB first book first dance.  Serena signed up for this book, he isn't stupid. (Every source has to sign up agreeing with whatever they said to make a book get published, period. The End) Something allegedly Harry doesn't have, no one, not a single source will confirm his especially bad stories with whomever.

That quote from Serena to Kashner is from September 2017. If she wasn?t her friend then why was she stating she was in March 2021?

wannable

As I said the publisher lawyer has to get in touch with ALL the sources to confirm and agreement of using their name, quotes, recollections, etc. before the book is published.

Serena didn't invite her to Mother's Day weekend party May 2022 (some were both days, some were Saturday or Sunday, all famous women), Meghan wasn't there, wasn't invited.  The acquaintanceship of using each other IMO is over.

TLLK

Posts regarding Tom Bower's other books and subjects have been moved to the Royal Authors and Commentators  thread in  the Socialites and Acquaintances  forum. Please keep to the topic Books about and written by the Sussexes. Any other off topic posts will be removed.

Royal Commentators, reporters and authors

TLLK

The next excerpt of Revenge by Tom Bower, covering Meghan meeting Prince Harry's friends and her photoshoots for Reitman's.

archive.ph

I do applaud Meghan for making it clear to Harry's friends how she felt about their "jokes" and comments. IMHO she had every right to make it clear that she didn't find the remarks to be funny at all.  Unfortunately the Reitman's photoshoots portion does seem to reinforce that Meghan can be difficult to work with.

wannable

Woke era, what used to be jokes  in the past today a joke has to be studied.  i.e. Will Smith could have accepted being banned for 10 years from the Oscars, but the Wife Joke has been banished and in some places like in the UK penalized.

wannable

The Vanity Fair journalist wrote to the Times Editor, he regrets about the P&G little fluke he told TB, and he said he would have loved to talk about her activism. 

Curryong

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYBS5a6WQAw-qlV?format=jpg&name=large

Sam Kasher pushes back in The Times about his portrayal in Bowers? book.

MY INTERVIEW WITH MEGHAN MARKLE
Sir, I'm afraid Tom Bower didn't convey my admiration and respect
for Meghan Markle in the excerpt from his new book in The Times on
Saturday ("Writer 'felt manipulated' by Meghan"). I found Ms Markle
to be exceptionally warm and gracious and admired her intelligence
and her remarkable courage, as I still do.
I regretted the oft-published account of challenging Proctor & Gamble
being edited out of my Vanity Fair article, because I'd wanted to
highlight her lifelong activism. The piece itself was quite laudatory.
One more thing. I do not have a stutter. I may hem and haw a bit but a
stammer is not a stutter and, as far as I know, Ms Markle never said
she liked me because of it!
A belated congratulations to Prince Harry for taking such an
extraordinary woman as his bride. Theirs is clearly a love match, so
maybe we should stop piling on and let the couple live their life in
peace.
Sam Kashner
Williamsburg, Virginia

wannable

:laugh: He received copy and recording, then he proceeded to sign the agreement. (He can't sue)

The guy gets a call from SS, writes nice words.