Meghan,Duchess of Sussex voice on Disney document on elephants

Started by sara8150, March 26, 2020, 04:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

When was she offered the Job, and why then did Harry had to factually beg a voice over job to the ex CEO of Disney at the premier of Lion King July 2018.

TLLK

TMZ has a clip of Meghan's narration from the film online today. :happy17: :happy:

Listen to Meghan Markle Narrating Disney Film 'Elephant'

Meghan Markle got back on the bike by narrating a Disney nature documentary, and take a listen ... she didn't skip a beat.

Disney+ just dropped the Disney Nature documentary, "Elephant," narrated by Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex -- and the teaser just aired on 'GMA.' The doc, of course, is special to her. She's done a ton of work in the past to help elephants, and proceeds will go to help an org near and dear to her ... Elephant Without Borders.

Meghan narrates the migration of Shani and her family. The elephant family is tracked as they make a 1,000-mile, 8-month trek across Africa. Ya gotta listen reaaaal closely, 'cause it almost doesn't sound like Meghan. But, it's her.

Curryong

Quote from: QueenAlex on April 03, 2020, 11:07:08 PM
She was involved with Harry, I would imagine..  and that's why she got offered the job.  She didn't do the narration as Meghan Markle, ex actress but as Meghan duchess of Sussex.

Exactly the same as when Camilla, Kate, Sophie, etc get offered something extra or unusual to do. Although Kate and Camilla weren't ex actresses or ex anything really before marriage were they. .

QueenAlex

Quote from: Curryong on April 03, 2020, 11:50:01 PM
Exactly the same as when Camilla, Kate, Sophie, etc get offered something extra or unusual to do. Although Kate and Camilla weren't ex actresses or ex anything really before marriage were they. .

But if Meghan was an actress, then surely she might be offered such jobs on the basis of her own talents?  You've said that she wasn't engaged to Harry then.. but as far as I understand she was In Botswana because she was meeting up with him.... so possibly her relationship with him caused her to be offered the job...

wannable

She was a secondary actress in Suits, with the royal marriage and the ring she may land a primary role, no female empowerment, nor in the Disney Elephants because of the Prince she married.  Hollywood is very complicated, many people landed plum Oscar worthy jobs because of Harvey, his movies constituted 80 percent of nominations and winnings, scary, the types of Polanski and other male domination of all sorts of favors and blind eye harassments.

Now a days and for the past couple of years, British films dominate categories in those award winning shows, because the Bafta syndicate (everyone who works in the arts and entertainment industry in the UK) are not plagued with what's going on in La La Land. 

Anyway, she's got to do whatever she's got to do, because going back to the BRF is a no after all what Harry, the main and the prince has done.

Double post auto-merged: April 04, 2020, 01:58:36 PM

Quote from: TLLK on April 03, 2020, 11:18:39 PM
TMZ has a clip of Meghan's narration from the film online today. :happy17: :happy:

Listen to Meghan Markle Narrating Disney Film 'Elephant'

The comment section in USA TMZ is worse than the British Tabloid The Daily Mail. 

Double post auto-merged: April 04, 2020, 02:12:19 PM

Quote from: Curryong on April 03, 2020, 11:50:01 PM

TLLK

QuoteThe comment section in USA TMZ is worse than the British Tabloid The Daily Mail.

Well then now I have a good reason to not to read the TMZ comment section if it's worse than the DM's. Thanks for the heads up @wannable. :thumbsup:

QueenAlex

In what sense is it worse?  Is it nasty about Meghan herself or is it about her work on the documentary.  I glanced at 2 of the newspaper reviews which weren't all that complimentary but I wouldnt' say that they were nasty or unkind..

wannable

We were referring to the comment section under the article of MM voice over in the USA website TMZ.  The comments are bad, most of it referencing her VO of Disney's Elephant rather than her persona.

Critic review is another story, I've read mixed reviews from the alleged professionals in the industry from 2 or 3 out of a perfect 5.

QueenAlex

Quote from: wannable on April 05, 2020, 01:34:57 PM
We were referring to the comment section under the article of MM voice over in the USA website TMZ.  The comments are bad, most of it referencing her VO of Disney's Elephant rather than her persona.

Critic review is another story, I've read mixed reviews from the alleged professionals in the industry from 2 or 3 out of a perfect 5.
Yes but I think that if she decides to do a documentary, as a former actress, if crtiics feel she didn't do a good job, that's fair comment.  If it is digs at her personaly by members of the public, it is still permitted but its not necessarily fair comment. 

michelle0187

I watched the doc and I felt that she could?ve done better, considering she was acting from her twenties.  Some of the lines were corny and it didn?t help that the tone of her voice was the same throughout most of the doc.

Izabella

Ahhh. Ok.  :shrug: She got a job. Bots-wan-a!  :lol: :orchid: