Prince William to Become Full-Time Student to Study Agricultural Management

Started by cinrit, December 30, 2013, 03:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izabella

QuoteSpeaking about the course, a spokesman said William was "very much looking forward to it

Good for him!  :thumbsup:

Limabeany

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on January 01, 2014, 02:40:07 PM
I think you'll find Harry does the least of everyone and soon the media is going to ask questions about whether Harry is doing all he can do. When is the last time Harry has been in an Apache helicopter?
Harry is not going to be given the riches, accolades and position of the future King, compare them with Charles, Diana, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. See how well Kate and William compare.  :hmm: You and the rest of the Kate brigade really enjoy putting Harry down to raise her and William.

Can't they be admired and defended on their own merits? The answer is no, because they don't do enough to stand on their own two feet as far as explaining why they should be admired. As far as Harry, he does have a job and has worked more for his charities than Kate has in three years, just WWTW alone he spent 3 weeks with them (not counting all the time spent training as engagements) and all the hours spent on the trip for Halo were not counted as individual engagements either, while Kate has spent 10 hours in nine engagements with her charities in 2013.

The rest of her less than 80 working hours were spent on galas, awards and tagging along with other royals to boost her numbers and make her be seen since, having so few charities, she has so few engagements of her own. The media should be asking about the unemployed thirty two year old grown woman who has barely lifted a finger her entire adult life instead of being content to crown her Fashion Queen as if that were an acceptable lifestyle for a future queen.

Harry has passed all the tests he was supposed to pass, and very few of his engagements have not involved his charities or have involved galas, award ceremonies and other fun dress-up activities not directly related to his charities so, no matter how you look at it, her numbers (given that she is otherwise unemployed) and her lack of work-ethic and charitable activities throughout her entire adult life are nothing to brag about.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Princessinwaiting

Please do not bring harry down he's done a lot this year and to even have the number he does is amazing imo A full time job as an army pilot.In the summer promoted to apache aircraft commander (" the promote came after months of training and a 6 hours assessment").Trained for the south trekk race.Participated there and so on ....Considering these, his numbers are just fine.Others should feel a little embarassed about theirs...

PrincessOfPeace

William's record stands on its own, no need for me to bolster it.
When William was in the RAF, people accused him of receiving special treatment because he is royal, does Harry receive special treatment from the Army because he is a senior royal?

Eri

Harry is a aircraft COMMANDER and has been in THE FRONT LINES TWICE he has also SET UP HIS OWN CHARITY ... all that and he goes off to The South Pole for his Charity for 5 weeks is it convenient to compare him to Will for Will?  :hehe: Me thinks NOT ...

cinrit

Personally, I don't get comparisons, so I don't know why any of the three should be compared to each other.  But check out Harry's section.  It's peppered quite frequently with comparisons to both William and Kate ... how lazy they are compared to Harry, and how much Harry is all-around better than they are.  According to Mr. O'Donovan, who keeps track of all British Royal engagements, and is published monthly in The Times, the count for the year 2013 (not a comparison, simply facts):

HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 62
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 44 
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 52

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on January 01, 2014, 05:50:39 PM
William's record stands on its own, no need for me to bolster it.
When William was in the RAF, people accused him of receiving special treatment because he is royal, does Harry receive special treatment from the Army because he is a senior royal?
. William did receive special treatment, very special treatment and that is a fact. He became a helicopter pilot despite being nearsighted, which no other military person is or has ever been allowed to do (not even after undergoing corrective operation) yet a loophole was created for William which has not been used for any other member of the military so if you have seen William flying a helicopter, he received special treatment, so special that no other pilot in the history of the armed forces has received it. The time Harry is given to do his royal duties was also given to Charles, Andrew, William and the others.

Double post auto-merged: January 01, 2014, 06:07:08 PM

Quote from: cinrit on January 01, 2014, 06:02:58 PM
Personally, I don't get comparisons, so I don't know why any of the three should be compared to each other.  But check out Harry's section.  It's peppered quite frequently with comparisons to both William and Kate ... how lazy they are compared to Harry, and how much Harry is all-around better than they are.  According to Mr. O'Donovan, who keeps track of all British Royal engagements, and is published monthly in The Times, the count for the year 2013 (not a comparison, simply facts):

HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 62
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 44 
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 52

Cindy
Not so simple, given that WWTW is Harry's charity every day he spent working with them was working which was over a month. So, that is quite simplistic and, in reality, inaccurate because it is calculated based on appearances and not actual work performed.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cinrit

So The Times has, for years, published incorrect information?  Maybe they need to know about this.

Which loophole are you referring to?  And without going through RAF records, it's literally impossible to know that no other person who wears glasses has not been allowed to do the job William did. 

QuoteEyesight
The minimum standards for both uncorrected and corrected vision vary for different roles and are determined by RAF medical staff.

Whatever role you’re applying for, your spectacle or contact lens correction must not be greater than -6 dioptres or +6 dioptres in any meridian. If you have impaired colour perception (colour blindness) it won’t prevent you from joining the RAF, but it may limit what roles you can choose.

If necessary, talk to your optician about what your eye prescription is and whether it may affect your application. Remember, you’ll need to take a copy with you of any acuity prescription from your optician when you go for your medical examination.

Health checks - Careers

Cindy

PrincessOfPeace

Of course Harry receives special treatment. Harry left Eton with a grade B in his art A-level and a D in geography. He had dropped his third A-level subject, history of art, after taking the AS-level exam. Harry was the only pupil to get a D in the entire class. No one else would have been accepted to Sandhurst with those grades.

sandy

How do you know what grades Harry got How do you know the Sandhurst standards?  Harry got in and did well so what's the problem?

Both Princes get special privileges.

I doubt the average military person could commandeer a copter to a stag party the way William did).

Limabeany

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on January 01, 2014, 06:11:29 PM
Of course Harry receives special treatment. Harry left Eton with a grade B in his art A-level and a D in geography. He had dropped his third A-level subject, history of art, after taking the AS-level exam. Harry was the only pupil to get a D in the entire class. No one else would have been accepted to Sandhurst with those grades.
There is no proof of that, however even if that were true, you can't say children of generals or politicians would not have been allowed to enter Sandhurst without stellar grades but there is proof William is nearsighted and no member of the military other than William has EVER been allowed to become a pilot without perfect eyesight or landed on his girlfriend's backyard. There is no record in any British paper of any pilot landing a helicopter in his girlfriend's, parents' neighbors' backyard or even neighborhood park.

PrincessOfPeace

BP released Harry's grades when he left Eton, public knowledge and Sandhurst's entrance requirements are on the it's website, also public knowledge.
Harry's supporters accuse William of getting special treatment, I simply pointed out that Harry gets special treatment from the Army.

Limabeany

Quote...you can't say children of generals or politicians would not have been allowed to enter Sandhurst without stellar grades but there is proof William is nearsighted and no member of the military other than William has EVER been allowed to become a pilot without perfect eyesight or landed on his girlfriend's backyard.
:shrug:

cinrit

Quote from: Limabeany on January 01, 2014, 06:32:12 PM
there is proof William is nearsighted and no member of the military other than William has EVER been allowed to become a pilot without perfect eyesight

Where did you read that no member of the military other than William has ever been allowed to become a pilot without perfect eyesight?  Because I believe it must be wrong.  You can't get any more official than the RAF's own website, and you must've missed the excerpt I posted from it.  It's about five posts above this one, and begins with:

"The minimum standards for both uncorrected and corrected vision vary for different roles and are determined by RAF medical staff."

Cindy

Lothwen

[mod]Please get back on topic. Discussing Harry's grades and army service has nothing to do with William's plans to study Agricultural Management[/mod]
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

stepperry

I don't tink this shows him to be lazy to be doing this course it will just help him when has oversee the Duchy of Cornwall once his father takes throne when ever that is.

Limabeany

Why is William taking this course now since according to his fans he is taking this time off at this time not only to "train" for the position he will hold someday sometime in the future (which he couldn't do while taking part in public duties full time, like his father, he could be slower than Charles...) but also to spend more time with his babybecause they are a young family and he doesn't want to miss this precious time... How is he going to be part of it in Cambridge? The paper also reports that Kate will be concentrating on the baby while William is studying, are these people too precious or too delicate or too simple-minded to function as normal adults with responsibilities inside and outside their home? I do consider adults who work and raise their families normal, unlike William and Kate who seem to think normal is grocery shopping and having your relatives take your special-occasion photos. :shrug: I applaud that he is taking this course at all, but here in this forum, when people started questioning the transition year for the 30something year old healthy male, people said it was wonderful that he wanted to spend time with his baby and that these are precious times, blah, blah, blah so the yiming for this before the baby is even walking seems off...

PrincessOfPeace

It isn't William's fault that he is second in line and not the heir. The Queen and Charles would be crazy not to use this time to have William become as prepared as he can be. People want him to prepare for becoming king, well this is part of the preparation.

anitalalala2

I think is always good for someone to go back studying..even or william...
Things changes and to be honest i prefer him srtudying than pretending to work...at leats hes doing something...as long as he pays for it coz well if he dont then it will be a problem lets admitt anyway  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But its always something good..now i agree it is weird he does this now and im sure it will bomb on the internet with commenst about his marriage and how is going...noone in love and adoring his son would want to study abroad and spend time apart from his familly when he is not obliged to..if he takes his familly with him ok..bu if he doesnt it will look like hes trying to scape from something...  :hmm:
EVEN if hes not  :Lothwen:

Lady Adams

Quote from: Limabeany on January 01, 2014, 10:45:01 PM
Why is William taking this course now since according to his fans he is taking this time off at this time not only to "train" for the position he will hold someday sometime in the future (which he couldn't do while taking part in public duties full time, like his father, he could be slower than Charles...) but also to spend more time with his babybecause they are a young family and he doesn't want to miss this precious time... How is he going to be part of it in Cambridge? The paper also reports that Kate will be concentrating on the baby while William is studying, are these people too precious or too delicate or too simple-minded to function as normal adults with responsibilities inside and outside their home? I do consider adults who work and raise their families normal, unlike William and Kate who seem to think normal is grocery shopping and having your relatives take your special-occasion photos. :shrug: I applaud that he is taking this course at all, but here in this forum, when people started questioning the transition year for the 30something year old healthy male, people said it was wonderful that he wanted to spend time with his baby and that these are precious times, blah, blah, blah so the yiming for this before the baby is even walking seems off...
Exactly. This.

I think education is so important, and applaud William's decision, but I don't understand why he would separate himself from Kate and George...even part-time, or even on weekends, or even on heavy study days, etc. They're a family. He could commute...it is not that far. It makes me :hmm:.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

cinrit

No one with the authority to make such a statement has said that William won't commute.  The university said that a room has been made available for him, if he needs it; e.g., early class, late night of study. 

Cindy

Limabeany

:hmm: It is still full time, plus the commute...

cinrit

It's full-time if you consider 20 hours per week full-time.  The distance between Kensington Palace and Cambridge Uni is (according to Google Maps) one hour 49 minutes.  Faster by train, most likely.  I worked 40 hours a week and commuted one hour 15 minutes each way to my office for years.  It's not a big deal.  In fact, I enjoyed it.  I put on some music and sang along at the top of my lungs.

Cindy

Limabeany

I don't understand why this bespoke course is being made to seem such a big deal then, it's not like there is a snowball's chance in hell they are going to fail him.  :shrug: What could someone with absolutely no experience or background whatsoever in the subject could learn in 10 weeks that would qualify him for management of such a huge enterprise? These courses usually require a background for admittance, but it is bespoke so it's probably specially made for him... I hope he does learn something and grows to be interested in his father's enterprise, I have never seen an inkling of interest before.

PrincessOfPeace

For anyone who is interested, here is the website for the Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership (CPSL). CPSL will be running the Agricultural Management course William is taking.

Prince Charles is Patron of CPSL and I trust he knows what is best for William in his future position as Duke of Cornwall.

CPSL's Patron: HRH The Prince of Wales