"You Have A New Message"!

Started by Orchid, October 25, 2012, 12:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchid

Just a precautionary note to all our members.

I have noticed that some of the advertising that we host takes the form of flash banners which declare "you have one new message"! Please remain aware that this is completely separate from your personal message facility on the forum and will, if clicked, take you to an external website. We cannot guarantee the safety or appropriateness of following these links.  I'm sure you are all aware of the difference however as a precaution I thought it best to clarify.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

chavita

Well, I have beautiful Russian girls waiting for me... Are you telling me the Forum is not offering me this? :unsure:
Harryite #0009

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

I'm being offered a CIA Intelligence Degree.  :D

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

chavita

So I was getting all excited for CIA degrees and unlimited Russian girls, for nothing? :notamused:

No but seriously, thanks Orchid :hug:
Harryite #0009

Orchid

:laugh:

A couple of the banners are quite close to the forum aesthetic so I though it best to draw attention to it.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Windsor

The Ads work by gathering browser history =P ... Awkward! Hahah =P

Orchid

:laugh10: :laugh10: ... Betcha y'all wish you hadn't mocked my polite notice now, huh. :lol:
-Winston Churchil

SophieChloe

I'd never "mock" you Orchid.....I stand straight upright and listen  :random2:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Jenee

Quote from: Windsor on October 25, 2012, 08:52:58 PM
The Ads work by gathering browser history =P ... Awkward! Hahah =P

Chavita's husband must have been looking at some Russian, uh, you know, on Chavvy's computer lol
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

chavita

Funny thing is, I replied to this thread in the morning while I was at work. Now I'm freaked out :eyes:

:lol:
Harryite #0009

Windsor

The ads on my PC at work show Cruises and holidays. Also, ads from BMW, Vauxhall and Volkswagen  :teehee:

Jenee

I can't get online while at work :(

And yeah Chavita, I would be scared too! :lol:

Windsor

Maybe he ordered a Russian Babe for Christmas?  :P :crazylaugh: :crazylaugh:

chavita

I'm guessing someone stayed at the office very late... and not exactly working. :unsure:
Harryite #0009

American Royal Fan

I don't see any ads in the website yet! Fortunately I don't have those "CIA" advertisements and the Personal Message thing you are talking about!  :happy20: :happy20:
If it appears, I'm going to delete it to make sure my inbox is safe.  :thumbsup:

Jenee

Do you have an AD blocker or something installed ARF?

chavita

I have Google Chrome here at home and there is an option to block ads so I can't see ads when I'm on the Forum here.
Harryite #0009

Jenee

Oh that's cool. They don't show up in mobile mode either so I rarely see them :)

Lothwen

I'm not seeing an ads either, and I just have IE and no ad blocker
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Jenee

Right now I am seeing ads for orchid.com. I wonder if orchid gets that one too?! :lol:

Lothwen

^Is it sad that I looked for the "like" button for that post?

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

cinrit

Spending a lot of time on Facebook. :P  Chavita, where is the setting on Chrome?

Cindy

Jenee

Quote from: Lothwen on October 28, 2012, 05:01:33 PM
^Is it sad that I looked for the "like" button for that post?

I have done that before too

cinrit

I do it all the time ... more than I'd like to admit.  And on Facebook, I sometimes find myself looking for the thumbs-up smiley. :D

Cindy