The Last Days, Death, Lying in State and Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II Part 2

Started by TLLK, September 16, 2022, 08:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryGirl2

I?ve no wish to discuss that individual or his actions, so I won?t go into the friend?s comments, but I feel so sad for her alone in her final days, not being able to see well and not moving around much. Reaching old age can be a privilege, but boy is it tough.

Nightowl

^
This should of been a loving time to show HM how much she was cherished with her family and it wasn't all because of the drama and the lies told by Harry/Meghan, they made this time about them and what they wanted.  Growing old if we are lucky to do that is a tough and at times hard when  the body just starts slowing down, we learn to live a different way of life.

Seeing HM im so many pictures showed me she was dying  before our eyes very slowly and in pain, I wonder why more family was not around the last few weeks of her life, at least Anne and Charles were there at the end.

TLLK

The  Grenadier guardsmen who were the pall bearers throughout the ceremonies related to the Queen's funeral were seated in the Royal Box at Wimbledon and were applauded by the spectators. All eight who carried her coffin received the Royal Victorian Order from King Charles III in March 2023.

Pallbearers who carried the Queen's coffin get a seat in Wimbledon's prestigious Royal Box | Daily Mail Online

Quoten March 2023, eight pallbearers who carried the Queen's coffin were awarded the silver Royal Victorian Medal in recognition of the important role they played at her funeral.

The soldiers were named as recipients of honours under the Royal Victorian Order (RVO) in recognition of their service to the late Queen, as part of a special set of Demise awards.

Awards under the RVO are in the King's gift and are bestowed independently of Downing Street to people who have served the monarch or the royal family in a personal way.

Curryong

I think that these guardsmen did a fabulous job at the late Queen?s funeral (not that I think she was heavy to carry, unlike Queen Victoria. So iMO they were given a just reward. Hope they enjoyed themselves at Wimbledon.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on July 09, 2023, 03:17:51 PM
I think that these guardsmen did a fabulous job at the late Queen?s funeral (not that I think she was heavy to carry, unlike Queen Victoria. So iMO they were given a just reward. Hope they enjoyed themselves at Wimbledon.

I?m agreed with you

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

EXCLUSIVE Inside story of the late Queen's final farewell: How Her Majesty 'wouldn't have been aware of anything' when she painlessly 'slipped away' - as contents of never-before-seen memo of her last moments are revealed -

Inside story of the late Queen's final farewell: How Her Majesty 'wouldn't have been aware of anything' when she painlessly 'slipped away' - as

TLLK

Thank you very much  @sara8150 and @PrincessOfPeace for sharing the links to Robert Hardman's new book.
I have learned so many little details of what transpired over the days prior and after HLM's death.

PrincessOfPeace

"Queen Elizabeth was infuriated by Harry and Meghan's claim she had given her blessing to their daughter being named Lilibet, a new book reveals."

Queen's fury over naming of baby Lilibet: Aide says monarch was 'as angry as I'd ever seen her' after Harry and Meghan claimed they had her blessing

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on January 14, 2024, 09:48:16 PM
"Queen Elizabeth was infuriated by Harry and Meghan's claim she had given her blessing to their daughter being named Lilibet, a new book reveals."

Queen's fury over naming of baby Lilibet: Aide says monarch was 'as angry as I'd ever seen her' after Harry and Meghan claimed they had her blessing

I have always wondered why  they claimed that they had her blessing when it appears that they did not. It was their response to the BBC and other sources that seemed excessive.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on January 15, 2024, 01:09:39 AM
I have always wondered why  they claimed that they had her blessing when it appears that they did not. It was their response to the BBC and other sources that seemed excessive.

?Appears? is the operative word. An unnamed Palace aide is hardly likely to say anything different in a book written by a convinced monarchist like Hardman. Harry stated that he phoned the late Queen about the plans to call the baby Lilibet, and she was OK with it. And in spite of what the British media claimed at the time it was not just her parents and near relatives who called the Queen Lilibet. King JC of Spain stated at one of the Jubilees that he did too, and so did several other royals.

PrincessOfPeace

The BBC never backed down on the claim. Even in the face of legal threats by Harry and Meghan. Quietly the legal threats were dropped leading me to believe the story is true. Much like the claims Valentine Low made about Meghan bullying her staff. Mr Low said if I'm lying then sue me.

Curryong

There is no way on this earth that Queen Elizabeth would have confided in any aides in that way and in those words. ?The only thing I own is my name and they?ve taken it? is not something the Queen would have uttered in a million years, even to someone close like Angela Kelly, her dresser. Royals are not bosom buddies with their staff and there is a reason for it.

And that reason is shown in this book. The Queen is dead and can?t confirm or deny anything. However her aides, the old Palace Guard, obviously don?t mind imparting gossip and untruths to journalists and authors in a way the Palace is fond of doing, through unnamed sources so long as it?s anti Sussex. Leaking comes from every corner of those Royal Households.
It?s quite OK for them to feed the British media with anything that can smear the Sussexes but anything Harry and Meghan say about members of the RF and the men in grey are always 100% lies and ?How dare they..? comes from every direction.

Nightowl

^
None of us really knowns what happened or what was said.....NONE OF US period! So why so much drama and hype over something that did or did not happen?  Can't we all give it a rest for heaven's sake?  You don't know for sure how HM would of reacted as I don't know either and neither does anyone else except for Princess Anne and Charles and I can say, they are NOT TALKING period now or ever.