Pippa and James Mathews and Family chat

Started by missbliss, January 18, 2012, 12:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirrormaze

Hey DaFluffs! I guess I haven't posted much because we haven't had any GP news for a while  :lol:

And well done to Pips and the guys! I've criticised her a lot but I do think this is cool. I hope she didn't sleep in the van the whole time while the guys did all the work.  :lol:

Curryong

Yes, well done Pippa! That effort would have left the legs and behind sore!

missbliss

The Baltimore Sun

Some nice pictures in a slide show

A number of people reported seeing her on her bicycle across the country (and there is even video proof :). So I guess she pulled her weight.  Congratulations to all the competitors!

Now off to swim the Bosphorus! (But maybe watch a match or two at Wimbledon first?) :happy:

Orchid

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

missbliss

Pippa Middleton and brother James take waterside stroll in Maryland | Mail Online

Taking a nice stroll around the Annapolis waterfront.  (I'm afraid they did miss the Peanut statue though - maybe they can take a side trip down south?  :lol: )

Macrobug

PIPPA MIDDLETON AND RAAM

Interesting info how they split into 2 groups of 4 then each group took 6 hour shifts.  Plus when not on shift biking they had to drive.  She stated that they were lucky to get 3 hours of sleep at a time.  I read somewhere else that they would bike for 30 min at a time then switch.  So that would work out to 30 minutes of biking then 1.5 hour rest and repeat two more times.  Then 6 hours off and repeat.   So about 90 minutes of biking every 12 hours for a total of 3 hours every day.  So Pippa biked about 20 hours total over 6.5 days.

No way I could do that  :wacko:

A grueling experience!  But pretty amazing and praise-worthy for all of them.
GNU Terry Pratchett

missbliss

Thanks for that report Macrobug!  I notice that there have been a lot of comments around the web to the effect that this was not a difficult race (huh?) since they were racing in shifts.  Also a lot of comments that Pippa probably just rode in the car etc.

I think the interview you published made it quite clear how hard it really was!

Macrobug

I can't believe that people would actually think that she just goofed off.  :wacko:  As if they would drag a deadweight across the country that wasn't contributing to such a grueling race.

Say what you like about Pippa.  In this case she comes out smelling like roses. 
GNU Terry Pratchett

Limabeany

That is crazy. And, IMO, undeserved, people grow up and grow into the situations that come their way and the doors that open, others remain stuck in a loop, but I think Pippa is of the former, I like what she is doing with herself and that she seems to be very actively doing what makes her happy which will ultimately lead her into a very happy and fulfilled life, I think she is very fortunate and is enjoying the fruits of her good fortune gracefully. Not everyone has a path or mission in life they want to follow since childhood (as awesome as that is) most of us are finding our way and I cannot find any fault with how she is going about it. I think she is doing great. :yesss: So much nonsense...  :snob: :happy15:  :hug:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

Princess Cassandra

I knew she was athletic, but I didn't know that James is, also.  Congrats to them and their team - they certainly have put their time and energy towards a good cause. :clap:

Macrobug

Realized I forgot one important statistic.  If they were averaging 20 miles an hour, then Pippa would have biked about 400 miles total.  That's a lot of saddle time over 6.5 days.
GNU Terry Pratchett

georgiana996

:happy20: Go pippa and ofc the rest of the team  :)  :thumbsup: pippa was the only woman there , I think thats very cool  :blowkiss: love her body its so fit and healthy  :happy:
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Limabeany

Quote from: Macrobug on June 24, 2014, 02:00:31 AM
Realized I forgot one important statistic.  If they were averaging 20 miles an hour, then Pippa would have biked about 400 miles total.  That's a lot of saddle time over 6.5 days.
Made my butt sore just reading your post, MB!  :happy15:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Macrobug

Same here.  But I think in my case too much sofa time playing on the internet. :computer:   I was chatting with a friend who is a hardcore cyclist.  (He does ironman and triathlons 4 or 5 times a year)  He said that a major goal for any biker is to hit the century club - a 100 mile bike ride.  Even though it was broken up into shifts, for Pippa to do FOUR century rides in less than a week was a major accomplishment.  He does 100 mile rides for a workout and he doesn't think he could do the RAAM. 
GNU Terry Pratchett

Limabeany

Quote from: Orchid on June 13, 2014, 11:00:23 PM
Either way, a charity is benefiting and Pippa and James are pursuing a personal accomplishment so everyone wins.
I so agree!

PrincessOfPeace

QuotePippa Middleton beamed with delight as she opened up about being an aunt to Prince George, describing him as a 'dear boy' who was 'characterful and very funny'.

The 30-year-old party-planner was discussing her relationships with two of the most important people in her life - her nephew and sister Kate - in the second of a two-part interview aired on Tuesday.

She told Today host Matt Lauer that being an aunt to George was 'wonderful'. She said: 'He's amazing, a very dear boy. He's brought a lot of pleasure and fun for all of us, the whole family.'

Pippa also said her relationship with her sister, the Duchess of Cambridge, hasn't really changed since she became a member of the Royal Family
More: Pippa Middleton opens up about Prince George who is 'characterful and very funny' | Mail Online

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteIts saddle has supported the world's most famous bottom across 3,000 miles of tough terrain.

Now the bespoke bike that Pippa Middleton rode across America last month is to be sold to raise money for The British Heart Foundation.

The Duchess of Cambridge's sister has raised more than £20,000 for the charity from donations, but she is hoping to double that by selling off the £2,500 Dassi bike in an auction on its website today.
More: Pippa Middleton is selling her bike for £20,000 | Mail Online

Lady Adams

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

missbliss

Pippa Middleton Finishes Grueling Marathon Near the Front of the Pack | Runner's World

Quote13th overall female and finished 70th out of 876 starters,

Pretty darn good!  It looks like James Matthews is with her.  He has that skinny "runner" look! :P

Isn't that Sam Waley-Cohen in the picture too?

LouisFerdinand

At which church will Pippa and James Matthews be married at?   
Do you believe Philippa's wedding gown or veil will have lace?   
Who are possible maids of honor?

LouisFerdinand

Prince George and Princess Charlotte of Cambridge could be in the wedding party.

LouisFerdinand

Can Queen Elizabeth II request that Pippa's wedding story is not sold? After all, Pippa is sister to a future Queen Consort.

LouisFerdinand

Michael Middleton resides in Bucklebury, West Bershire. Is it possible that Philippa would have her wedding at the church which her parents attend?

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: lapalooza on September 10, 2016, 03:04:16 PM
I am sure Kate will be present but not a maid of the honour. She has kids to watch and I think they will not skip a wedding of their aunt. :cloud9: :brightside:
@lapalooza, You are absolutely correct. It would be appropriate for George and his sister to attend their aunt's wedding.