Cambridges-Official Engagements & Court Circular Entries September 2019-Present

Started by TLLK, September 17, 2019, 02:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

William and Catherine with HH The Aga Khan.

Twitter

QuoteToday The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge joined His Highness The Aga Khan for a special event at the Aga Khan Centre, ahead of their official visit to Pakistan later this month #RoyalVisitPakistan

Twitter Video of their arrival at the center.

QuoteMeanwhile in London, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge meet the Aga Khan in London ahead of their visit to Pakistan later this month. Kate is wearing an ARossGirl dress and earrings by Pakistani designer Zeen (many thanks @RoyalReporter)

dianab

her dress is very beautiful. Her whole look looks very elegant. i dont have trouble with women with long hair and with it down. especially if they arent in a place where it's very windy and the hair is all over the place.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: sandy on October 02, 2019, 03:47:31 PM
I would not call the dress jaw dropping. Also she should have put her hair up since she keeps touching it and pulling it back.
I definitely liked the dress, but like you I wouldn't call it jaw dropping...that term is used by the media a tittle too often and is worn out, IMO. But I love the color and the different colored sash, and it appears to be seen at its best when she is walking. Good choice, with her long legs. It was also a good choice because it is not an evening event, so evening gown wouldn't be worn, but yet is a pretty important occasion, so she needed something different. I LOVE the earrings - color is great and shape is a bit eastern looking.  I don't have any comments on her hair - I would give a lot to have her hair, so however it is arranged it is a true accessory to her total look.

TLLK

At the end of their visit today, the Cambridges paused to speak to some local school children who were waiting to meet them  outside of the Aga Khan Center. Catherine received a bouquet of flowers and William chatted with the kids about football.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Visit Aga Khan Centre in London - YouTube

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteThe Duke of Cambridge arrives at Keble College, Oxford?s new graduate building.

Double post auto-merged: October 03, 2019, 02:48:49 PM

And later he visited a RAF base.

Court Circular 3rd October:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge this morning officially opened the H. B. Allen Centre, 25 Banbury Road, Oxford, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Oxfordshire (Mr. Timothy Stevenson).

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Royal Air Force Brize Norton, Carterton, Oxfordshire.

Double post auto-merged: October 03, 2019, 02:50:43 PM

William meeting "Bam Bam" robot at Oxford today.  :D

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: October 03, 2019, 02:51:07 PM

Quote🤖 Meeting Bam Bam, the Human Support Robot @KebleOxford, where The Duke of Cambridge officially opened the College?s new graduate building, the H B Allen Centre.

wannable

According to the cc he later went to:

CC Thursday:
The Duke of Cambridge this morning officially opened the HB Allen Centre, 25 Banbury Road, Oxford, and was received by Lord-Lieutenant of Oxfordshire (Mr Timothy Stevenson).

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Royal Air Force Brize Norton, Carterton, Oxfordshire.

He seemed to enjoy the HB Allen Centre, especially with the robot.  But the RAF visit must have been super special, as a RAF person himself.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on October 04, 2019, 02:22:24 PM
According to the cc he later went to:

CC Thursday:
The Duke of Cambridge this morning officially opened the HB Allen Centre, 25 Banbury Road, Oxford, and was received by Lord-Lieutenant of Oxfordshire (Mr Timothy Stevenson).

He seemed to enjoy the HB Allen Centre, especially with the robot.  But the RAF visit must have been super special, as a RAF person himself.
Yes, Wannable. I think both Wales brothers miss being in the military.

wannable

I know William has visited several RAF stations through the years (and looks in his element), but this one in particular is the largest, so I believe he would have been taken a tour and possibly checked closely the air transports (being the largest, its home to all RAF air transport) and be the happiest (like a kid with a toy).

amabel

wel it is true that the first attackers of Meghan on social media seem to have been her own relatives...

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the Royal Variety Performance at the Palladium Theatre, London on Monday 18th November, held in aid of the Royal Variety Charity #Variety4Charity

TLLK

@PrincessOfPeace -Thank you for sharing this news. I was wondering which members of Charles' family were going to be the attendees this year and it's circled back to the Cambridges.

Princess Cassandra

And on a more shallow front, I love this event...and we always see some great fashion!

TLLK

And comedy from the royals... :hehe:

Double post auto-merged: November 05, 2019, 06:40:16 PM

Prince William Has Kate Middleton Bursting with Laughter as He Gallops During Royal Variety Show

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on November 05, 2019, 06:36:27 PM
And comedy from the royals... :hehe:
Yes! I'm reminded about a documentary I saw in May, around the time of Memorial Day. Recent veterans, some of them injured but thriving, explained how they (veterans) feel about celebrating Memorial Day with picnics and parades. After all, the purpose of the holiday is to remember and honor those who gave their lives in wars. They said that holidays with traditions like picnics and parades are what they were all fighting for and they want to see it being appreciated. They want everyone to celebrate, but to take a few moments during these holidays to consider that some gave full measure, and some did not come back just as they once were. So I think the variety show is the one, and the church service and Cenotaph service is the other. This came home to me last year when I noticed that the Queen was crying. Thinking about how WWI changed everything, but was especially devastating to Great Britain and the European countries, is humbling...and then they had to suffer through it again two decades later. Though those of us who were born afterwards have endured plenty of war, tragedy, terrorism, and other horrors (like AIDS, land mines, huge wildfires, etc,) we haven't experienced anything on quite that same scale. And let's hope we never do.

Curryong

It is their turn this year. It's always a different couple each time. It was Harry and Meghan last year.

TLLK

Yes and I believe it was supposed to be Charles and Camilla this year but the couple will be in New Zealand so the Cambridges are taking their place in the rotation.

sara8150

Kensington Palace Twitter says
QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the Royal Variety Performance at the Palladium Theatre, London on Monday 18th November, held in aid of the Royal Variety Charity #Variety4Charity
Twitter

Gert?s Royals Twitter says
QuotePrince William & Duchess Kate will attend the Royal Variety Performance at the Palladium Theatre, London held in aid of the  Queen?s patronage, Royal Variety Charity
Twitter

Double post auto-merged: November 06, 2019, 12:17:10 AM

Prince William and Kate Middleton's glitzy date night in November revealed | HELLO!

wannable

This event is tonight.

Kate Middleton and Prince William share a throwback photo of the Queen looking glamorous at the Royal Variety Performance in 1952 as they prepare to step out for the event tonight

Kate Middleton and Prince William, 37, have shared a series of throwback snaps to the Kensington Royal Instagram account ahead of the Royal Variety Performance in London tonight

TLLK

From the KP Instagram showing a very glamorous QEII, the DoE and the late Princess Margaret attending the Royal Variety Performance in  1952. It also includes the history of the event and details the charities that are supported.

Kensington Palace on Instagram: ?This evening The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the Royal Variety Performance at the Palladium Theatre,

QuoteThe annual Royal Variety Performance is held in aid of the Royal Variety Charity, of which The Queen is Patron. The money raised from the show helps hundreds of entertainers throughout the UK, who need help and assistance as a result of old age, ill-health, or hard times.

The origins of the Royal Variety Performance date back to 1912 when King George V and Queen Mary agreed to attend a 'Royal Command Performance' at the Palace Theatre in London, in aid of the Variety Artistes' Benevolent Fund. In July 1919, the second Royal show was performed and was the first to be billed a "Royal Variety Performance?, before becoming an annual event in 1921.

wannable

In about 30 minutes...

Royal Variety
‏@RoyalVariety

The Brinsworth House posy this year is called 'Frosty Winter Garden'. The bouquet has real flowers & foliage picked from the care home garden & will be presented to The Duchess of Cambridge at the Royal Variety Performance. #Variety4Charity #Flowers @KensingtonRoyal

Twitter

Pink and white flowers, will she dress in those colours?

TLLK

Arrival photo of the couple to tonight's Royal Variety Performance. Her gown is by Alexander McQueen.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/18/18/21167462-7698843-image-a-38_1574101690813.jpg

Short video of their arrival.

Twitter

Kate Middleton dons slinky Alexander McQueen gown as she joins William at Royal Variety Performance | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe money raised from the show helps hundreds of entertainers throughout the UK, who need help and assistance as a result of old age, ill-health, or hard times.   

Tonight's performance is being hosted by comedians Rob Beckett and Romesh Ranganathan, and will include the cast of Mary Poppins, Lewis Capaldi, Mabel, Robbie Williams, the cast of Come From Away, and a special collaboration by Emeli Sand? and Manchester's Bee Vocal choir.