The Iffy-Wiff Club: The Sussexes' Relationship with the press, tabloids, media

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 19, 2023, 10:58:10 PM
Neil Sean is doing his job, he has a source at Radar, asked the person at Radar what, why are you guys publishing this story - the person told Neil they can publish whatever they want because the couple will not and can't sue them.

Why did Neil ask, well the three trashy gossip mags and sites have the equivalent of millions of Americans reading it online or at the supermarket stand, it's even bigger than the 10Million daily viewers of the Daily Mail UK alone. I fully understand the reason why Neil Sean asked this American publication.

The DM just published an embarrassing trashing from the Biden's to the Sussexes. Since they published it, 1. they are sure about their White House sources and 2. Waiting for Harry and Meghan to sue them.  The couple are being treated as collateral damage.  I do not know where this will end, but this story is really bad.

The DM aren?t ?waiting? for the Sussexes to sue them at all. Nowhere in that article does it infer that. And they even stated that Jill Biden, as a defender of maimed and wounded military personnel who always got on really well with Harry, really did want to go to the IG but did not as the couple ?didn?t want to offend the RF?. Did Charles or William tell them personally that it would offend them? No. However, Biden is a politician and Jill a politician?s wife. Their advisers at the SD were jittery and so they played it safe. That?s typical politician behaviour. Any twitch of any controversy anywhere and they run a mile.

As for Radar and supermarket mags the fact that millions  read them (and the mag gets clicks) doesn?t mean anything other than millions of people get bored sometimes and decide they want some online entertainment, even if the stories are pure fiction. And 98% of the articles are, and people know it and the outlets know it as well.

Nobody goes to Radar, or the Enquirer or listens to Neil Sean wittering on about the royals, and thinks to themselves ?This is the God?s honest truth here!? There was a survey done once by YouGov on readers of British tabloids and about 12% of readers believed their stories were truthful and accurate. 12%! And that says it all really, about gossip mongers and those who believe them.

wannable

People like to read juicy gossip.

They went litigious with minor stuff. This Biden trashing is big.

TLLK

Harry and Meghan ?asked to ride home on Air Force One? after Elizabeth II?s funeral

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex asked if they could fly back from Elizabeth II?s funeral with Joe Biden on Air Force One, it has been alleged.
Sources close to the couple have not denied the claim.

Now I believe it should be noted that apparently Air Force One left the UK in the early afternoon post funeral. However the  Sussexes like the rest of the BRF would have been at St. George's Chapel for the final service and then the private committal. The time schedules simply would not have worked. Also AF1 would have been returning to the East Coast, not the West. So the couple would have had to still make their way back to California.

wannable

This is the type of news, If I were Meghan and Harry, a worthwhile battle to sue the Daily Mail. It's a huge story with a triple story trashing from White House sources.

IF Jill Biden is so into the Warrior Games, she didn't show up not once this past June 2023 at San Diego.  But Harry did several times.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 21, 2023, 02:39:58 PM
This is the type of news, If I were Meghan and Harry, a worthwhile battle to sue the Daily Mail. It's a huge story with a triple story trashing from White House sources.

IF Jill Biden is so into the Warrior Games, she didn't show up not once this past June 2023 at San Diego.  But Harry did several times.

Harry and Meghan ?asked to ride home on Air Force One? after Elizabeth II?s funeral

The story from the Telegraph puts it in more perspective. It?s full of ?alleged? and ?it is said? references. And as TLLK has said, the plane was going back to the US before the private Memorial part of the Queen?s funeral. The Sussexes were sitting with the rest of the BRF at St George?s as the plane left the UK. Why would the couple have wanted to fly to Washington on the East Coast anyway, when their home and children were on the West Coast? And the couple can?t comment on every bit of rubbish the Fail decides to publish. That  includes any White House gossip, made up or otherwise. Gossip is gossip, something that is a speciality of the Fail.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 21, 2023, 02:39:58 PM

Nobody knows why Jill Biden didn?t turn up to the Warrior Games this year. Perhaps Joe needs some more assistance at the moment. But she was certainly there for this event hosted by Disney last year. She spoke at it.

Disney "Honored" to Welcome First Lady Jill Biden to Veterans Event - Inside the Magic

Jill Biden will travel to Orlando for Disney?s Veteran Institute Summit, speaking at the welcome event for the Warrior Games on August 18. According to FOX 35 Orlando, the Warrior Games ?celebrate the resiliency and dedication of wounded, ill, and injured active duty and veteran military service members.?

And

Dr. Biden and First Lady Michelle Obama created Joining Forces in 2011, a White House government initiative seeking to support families, caregivers, and surviving members of the United States Armed Forces. Upon becoming First Lady in 2021, Dr. Biden relaunched the initiative. From the Disney Parks Blog:

Support for the families of our service members and veterans, their caregivers, and survivors is a key priority of the First Lady and has been a cause that she has tirelessly worked on for more than a decade? Joining Forces focuses on military spouse employment, military child education and health and wellbeing, and we are honored that she will be accompanying us. This important event will showcase the value of military spouses and veterans in the workplace, share best hiring practices and encourage greater employment opportunities for the military and veteran community.

wannable

It is not a The Telegraph exclusive, it is a Daily Mail exclusive by their US Politics journalist at Washington DC - as I posted it.

ETA: I had posted it in their Iffy Wiff future plans, because with the DM original story, I think it's pretty much game over.

Back to the Future, the US Political reporter for Daily Mail making claims from the recent past.

Harry and Meghan asked to fly to US on Air Force One with Biden after Queen's funeral but were denied - and Jill didn't attend Invictus Games to avoid upsetting Royals ? so are Sussexes' attempts to become political players in America faltering?
Harry and Meghan have tried a variety of methods to gain access to political figures, including sending gifts and letter writing
The couple requested a ride back to the US on Air Force One after Queen Elizabeth's funeral in September but Biden's staff said no
Jill Biden's wish to attend Harry's Invictus Games was nixed when British officials suggested it may not go down well with the Royal Family By EMILY GOODIN, SENIOR
U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 20:05 BST, 19 July 2023 | UPDATED: 20:37 BST, 19 July 2023

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wanted to ride back to the United States on Air Force One after the Queen's funeral ? but the request was denied by the White House in case it caused a 'commotion,' sources have revealed to DailyMail.com.

Months earlier, First Lady Jill Biden was also invited to attend Harry's Invictus Games ? but the idea was killed amid concerns that the Royal Family may have been offended by her presence there.

Both the failed initiatives are understood to have been part of a campaign by the Sussexes to gain political influence in the US as they settled into life in California. Meghan publicly advocated for paid family leave to lawmakers on Capitol Hill, and worked behind the scenes to connect with the Bidens, DailyMail.com discovered from speaking to many current and former officials in the Biden administration and in the British government.

Harry and Meghan asked to fly to US on Air Force One with Biden after Queen's funeral but were denied - and Jill didn't attend Invictus Games to avoid

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 21, 2023, 09:47:31 PM
It is not a The Telegraph exclusive, it is a Daily Mail exclusive by their US Politics journalist at Washington DC - as I posted it.

Yes you posted it. A Fail exclusive means nothing, only a journalists who?s picked up crumbs of gossip and the rag decided to run with it. And the story, as I pointed out, is full of holes. Being a reporter on US politics for the Fail is hardly a badge of Honour, especially if the said Political correspondent is reduced to repeating supposed WH gossip. Allegedly.

wannable

Just stating a fact, another fact is The Telegraph is not questioning, it is suggesting possibilities of why it can't have been.

I can also suggest that IF the White House had said yes it's a go, IMO the couple would have balanced going on AF1 without a blink, it would have helped them HUGELY in their career and image. Imagine going up the stairs waving, imagine 8 hours of flight networking with sleepy Joe and Jill. 

But to be honest - I thank it did not happen, it would be a nod to the couple trashing/a nod for people to badly behave whenever and with whoever.  Just like no Emmys - an emmy means a nod in the same way.

Nightowl

^
If this is even true yet Meghan think's so highly of herself that it would be nothing for her to ask the President for a ride back to the US.........as she has shown us, nothing is out of bounds when she wants something...like when she said the Archbishop married them 3 days before the actual wedding when he had to come out and tell that was a lie by her, the Duchess of Sussex, so I wonder if reality is setting im finally.

TLLK

I could see them asking if it was possible and then realizing it wouldn't work due to the POTUS/FLOTUS plans to leave fairly quickly after the funeral. Harry and Meghan of course would have been present at the committal service at SGC. I'm saying this  because after all the Sussexes' sources are not denying the story, which I believe that they would have if it simply wasn't true. The White House has not made a statement either way. 

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on July 22, 2023, 02:25:55 AM
I could see them asking if it was possible and then realizing it wouldn't work due to the POTUS/FLOTUS plans to leave fairly quickly after the funeral. Harry and Meghan of course would have been present at the committal service at SGC. I'm saying this  because after all the Sussexes' sources are not denying the story, which I believe that they would have if it simply wasn't true. The White House has not made a statement either way.

The Sussexes haven?t made a statement either way, neither denying nor confirming so they are in the same position as the WH. And when would either of them get any opportunity to speak to any of the Biden people anyway? The day was filled with ceremonial and preparing for it.

And that still doesn?t remove the objection that the Sussexes live thousands of miles away from Washington. Having to take another flight from Washington to LA and then travelling down to Montecito would add hours to their trip.
It was also known that the Bidens wouldn?t be hanging around after the funeral ceremonies but would be returning to the US. Harry and Meghan would have been told that the private part of the farewell to the Queen would be at Windsor, would be televised and would take some time.

Nightowl

Quote from: TLLK on July 22, 2023, 02:25:55 AM

Since the Sussex's have not denied the rumor/story that gives some pause to wonder if it is true, yet it sure takes lots of nerve to even ask the President of the US for a lift back to the states, after all this is not  taxi service and Biden is or hasn't been giving lifts to anyone else that I am aware of. 

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on July 22, 2023, 03:21:49 AM
The Sussexes haven?t made a statement either way, neither denying nor confirming so they are in the same position as the WH. And when would either of them get any opportunity to speak to any of the Biden people anyway? The day was filled with ceremonial and preparing for it.

And that still doesn?t remove the objection that the Sussexes live thousands of miles away from Washington. Having to take another flight from Washington to LA and then travelling down to Montecito would add hours to their trip.
It was also known that the Bidens wouldn?t be hanging around after the funeral ceremonies but would be returning to the US. Harry and Meghan would have been told that the private part of the farewell to the Queen would be at Windsor, would be televised and would take some time.

I imagine that in the days between QEII's passing and the confirmation that the Bidens would be present at the funeral,  a Sussex staff member acting on behalf of the couple reached out to the POTUS/FLOTUS staff and simply made the request. The request was later denied and that was the end of it until it surfaced nearly a year later. The original article states that the source of the story came from the government officials in both Washington D.C. and London.
QuoteDailyMail.com discovered from speaking to many current and former officials in the Biden administration and in the British government.

As for the couple's return to the U.S., they may have thought that they could use the time on AF1 to discuss future IG/Warrior Games/ plans with the FLOTUS. Then on arrival back to the U.S., they could catch a red eye flight back to the West Coast.

wannable

IMO the couple had their plan A and plan B, since A didn't happen they stayed for B. One week after Joe visited Charles at Windsor, this triple story comes out -  the leak was approved. 

The couple have effectively been canceled by the highest authority and ranked position in the USA. Think about it, IF this happened to you - being cancelled by the highest authority? it's over with anything A and B, probably diminished to C rated salaries.

*Neil Sean says the leak came from the White House - the letter to the Biden's was delivered by the Sussex staff - the ''calligraphy'' is Meghan's. It wasn't typed. The Lemon basket, White House. 

The none participation of Jill to her own country's DOD warrior games but to a private organization summit (Disney) to not cross paths with H is very telling - the problem is the couple self entitlement with crossing paths with VIPs get's beyond their head, that is when their nasty meter goes up too, collateral human damage left right and center.

Kristeh-H

I don't know whether the story is true or not.  I think it is possible for the very reason that the Sussexes have not commented on it so far.  They usually do speak out and 'tell their truth' and sometimes bring lawsuits too.  So the fact that there is silence is an indication. 

This is another example of an issue that has been made before.  When people have complained about the Palace's habit of keeping quiet on most press stories, others have pointed out that this silence is a good way of preserving privacy.  If they rarely make a comment, then people just don't always know what stories are true and which are not.  But if you usually do comment and deny things--and then you stay silent about one--well, people do tend to think that story is true.

wannable

What a crazy long weekend, H self inviting M to Balmoral to be at HMQEII death bed - causing havoc to his family, then also instead of 'waiting for an invitation' , the delusions of grandeur, the entitlement of requesting a ride.

I believe it.

wannable

Why Meghan and Harry's fightback starts now
The Invictus Games are a chance for the Sussexes to show the past is behind them

By Victoria Ward,
ROYAL EDITOR
3 September 2023  7:00am

The article is fully open for viewing.

Why Meghan and Harry?s fightback starts now

wannable

This belongs to the Iffy Wiff

After all those rumours, the Sussexes are separating their brands! ALISON BOSHOFF reveals how Meghan wants to escape Harry's victim narrative and 'lead with love', while he wants to be seen as a global philanthropist

Meghan is due to join him in Dusseldorf later next week, but seems to have thought better of playing a formal role, and her name has dropped off the diary of events.

After all those rumours, the Sussexes are separating? their brands! ALISON BOSHOFF reveals how Meghan wants to escape Harry's victim narrative and

^ Let's wait and see. I think Meghan was to go on a later date?!

TLLK

^^^ I hope that this separation of their brand into two different entities is going to lead the couple to be more "independent" from the BRF connection and allows them to seek the financial success that they have desired.

wannable

Harry and Meghan have been doing the clicks for themselves openly and blatantly since 3 years ago. That they shoot themselves in the foot is entirely on themselves too.

There are many royal reporter options in reference to your Neil Sean dislike.

(I find it quite funny to be honest the gutural feelings about the latest hits from Moir to Sean) I like them all, it's good to read all objective, subjective, perspectives, etc. Including propagandist #1 Omid Scobie  :wink:

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 25, 2023, 04:27:01 PM
Harry and Meghan have been doing the clicks for themselves openly and blatantly since 3 years ago. That they shoot themselves in the foot is entirely on themselves too.

There are many royal reporter options in reference to your Neil Sean dislike.

(I find it quite funny to be honest the gutural feelings about the latest hits from Moir to Sean) I like them all, it's good to read all objective, subjective, perspectives, etc. Including propagandist #1 Omid Scobie  :wink:

Well, I too read them all. I?ve also purchased and read biographies on all the royals, including Junor, Bower and Nicholls whether I care for them or not.  And interesting that you call Scobie a propagandist because he happens to be favourable to the Sussexes while the others, who are not, receive no such epithets.

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on September 26, 2023, 12:36:56 AM
Well, I too read them all. I?ve also purchased and read biographies on all the royals, including Junor, Bower and Nicholls whether I care for them or not.  And interesting that you call Scobie a propagandist because he happens to be favourable to the Sussexes while the others, who are not, receive no such epithets.

The propagandists in history are the ones one needs to read especially, because they will convey their master's thoughts down to a jot - exacting words.

They make history usually because they write exactly why of the downfall of infamous people. It is through them we have access to the (real) thougts of i.e. in Omid's case - the Sussexes. Then every outlet analysis it.  He is not the first propagandist in history, there have been plenty, usually with the same result. Ruination - it does come costly though - If I go down, you too. He already lost Yahoo and not at a retiring age, but because of lack of (real) BRF sources.

wannable

Quote from: Nightowl on September 26, 2023, 04:21:40 AM
I personally do not see Harry and or Meghan ever being welcomed again in the royal family or anywhere they are at.....and that is *on* Harry and Meghan only.  Just who in the world makes fun of a 96 year old woman with a stupid courtesy and for Harry to sit and say or do nothing shows what a weak stupid little man he is...he is totally a disgusting human being. If someone ever would insult my grandparents they would face the fear of wrath....100 fold!  And that is just part of why the royal family has I believe shut the door on them.....in fact imho it was insulting for Harry to even pay a visit to his grandmother's tomb for the insults he dealt her in her last remaining years and NO one can put a spin on that ever. I could care less what they do in life as long as they leave the royal family to go about their own lives. Go kiss the bottoms Harry and Meghan for that is all your good for in life now....and that is very sad for they could of done so much  more, Yet Meghan had stars in her eyes, and Hollywood was calling.....well time will tell just how long that will last!

Charles Rae a retired because of real old age royal editor, royal correspondent, author of many books last night said H will not be 'sleeping' ever in a ''crown estate'', but maybe a reply or invite 'deferred' to a ''personal property'' like Sandiringham or Balmoral.  There is a logic to his expert view, a scandal at a crown property is completely different to a scandal at a private property. 

Scandal can be many things brought to the attention by Harry himself. CR says Charles smartly deferred the invite in this latest case by replying back 'you can stay at Balmoral'.   Also at this point in time the Sussexes only access to Charles is via a staff worker. He's had enough of the back and forth with his son - there shouldn't be any type of 'negotiations', Harry treats his father via ''negotiations'' is a recipe to never winning. So for now it's not going anywhere. 

H will have to tread carefully when at least in the UK - because a scandal at a commercial property....better yet today people are just intolerant to bad behaviour, it end's up in social media, then replicated.

Curryong

Penny Junor is and was a propagandist for Charles and Camilla, especially Charles, far more so than Scobie has ever been for the Sussexes. People have known about her bias for twenty years and more.

And ? CR says Charles smartly deferred the invite in this latest case by replying back 'you can stay at Balmoral'???

Strange that the retired journalist knows this, considering that the linked Telegraph article on the subject stated directly that ?it is unknown whether the king knew of the correspondence? (between Harry and Palace staff). Twisting information much ??

And has Harry ever caused any scandal whatsoever in any commercial property that he has stayed at in London? He stayed at a private club for his father?s Coronation and no journalist knew he was even there until afterwards. Same with the hotel on this recent visit. And he has stayed dozens of times in hotels, Govt buildings, embassies and friends? private homes without causing any scandal whatsoever, unlike Uncle Andrew, since travelling with Meghan. So let?s not be so quick at drawing conclusions before they happen, eh!