Main Menu

A "Q"

Started by LisaG, August 17, 2004, 05:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisaG

Has anyone else had this happen? Just since yesturday I've noticed that sometimes when I click on the forum I'll get a pop up ad. Does anyone else have this issue or is it something on my computer that's causing that??  

kitkat

QuoteHas anyone else had this happen? Just since yesturday I've noticed that sometimes when I click on the forum I'll get a pop up ad. Does anyone else have this issue or is it something on my computer that's causing that??
It's a virus! I was just reading about viruses earlier and I ran across something like that. They have software to rid your computer of it.

M-star said that ---edited by mediastar--- had the same problem.

dcd

You won't be satisfied until I respond, will you? :P

Are you sure that you aren't that obnoxious boy from the tenth grade whom I sat next to during Advanced Chemistry? :rolleyes:

You used to hide my chair everyday, you little... :angry: ?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh! the sin
I am forever in
(smother my grin)

<I kept kissing frogs, looking for a prince, and finding only cold, green flesh.>
-Moll Fl

LisaG

QuoteYou won't be satisfied until I respond, will you? :P

Are you sure that you aren't that obnoxious boy from the tenth grade whom I sat next to during Advanced Chemistry? :rolleyes:

You used to hide my chair everyday, you little... :angry: ?

Nah, William's not smart enough to be in Advanced Chemistry but show him a map and the boy can pick out any country you ask him to! He told me to say that! :P

kitkat

QuoteDidn't realize it was a secret. I just wanted Lisa to know that she wasn't alone and I didn't realize that you were online. I can delete it if you want.
Joke, doll...just funning. ;)
Oh! I thought that you were rolling your eyes AT me and not at your joke.

dcd

QuotePS Is "funning" in the dictionary??  :P
As if one such as I could be trusted to know the truth of the matter...I haven't even correctly classified the type of verb it is!

Oh! the sin
I am forever in
(smother my grin)

<I kept kissing frogs, looking for a prince, and finding only cold, green flesh.>
-Moll Fl

LisaG

QuotePS Is "funning" in the dictionary??  :P
As if one such as I could be trusted to know the truth of the matter...I haven't even correctly classified the type of verb it is!
I've looked it up and it is, indeed, in the dictionary....

Quoteto indulge in banter or play

dcd

QuoteNah, William's not smart enough to be in Advanced Chemistry but show him a map and the boy can pick out any country you ask him to! He told me to say that! :P
Togo!  The Confederation of Helvetica!  The Democratic Republic of Congo!

Oh! the sin
I am forever in
(smother my grin)

-Moll Fl

LisaG

QuoteNah, William's not smart enough to be in Advanced Chemistry but show him a map and the boy can pick out any country you ask him to! He told me to say that! :P
Togo!  The Confederation of Helvetica!  The Democratic Republic of Congo!

He's pointing away!  :lol: Smart Boy!

dcd

QuoteI've looked it up and it is, indeed, in the dictionary....

Quoteto indulge in banter or play
Oooo...darling, tell me that it is "transitive"?  I am too dull to make certain, from that definition! :lol:  

Oh! the sin
I am forever in
(smother my grin)

-Moll Fl

TB

heh...i definitely started that whole in/transitive verb thing... :P
I guess to go along with it, since it has surfaced again, an intransitive verb doesn't require a direct object, whereas a transitive verb does. If that makes any sense...lol...I would be happy to give examples. ;)  

I Pirates

dcd

QuoteI guess to go along with it, since it has surfaced again, an intransitive verb doesn't require a direct object, whereas a transitive verb does.
Oh, I recollect that much...but this verb taunts me! :lol:  

Oh! the sin
I am forever in
(smother my grin)

-Moll Fl

TB

That's transitive.  :lol:  

I Pirates

Alaylia

Umm...I don't know if you still need to know but lately I've been getting pop-ups with the forum.  

LisaG

I got rid of it! I just downloaded something called Ad Aware and it goes through and finds all the junk that has been put on your computer by other sites etc. They can track what sites you go to and even download things to your computer. Ad Aware will quaritine the things so that you won't get that kind of stuff anymore. It was free to download. :)

kitkat

QuoteI got rid of it! I just downloaded something called Ad Aware and it goes through and finds all the junk that has been put on your computer by other sites etc. They can track what sites you go to and even download things to your computer. Ad Aware will quaritine the things so that you won't get that kind of stuff anymore. It was free to download. :)
:o Where did you get it????? I've been looking for a free one, and can't find it. I have a stupid trojan on my computer that erases my AIM profile and replaces it with something else.

TB

are you talking about "backdoor trojan"?

I Pirates

kitkat

Quoteare you talking about "backdoor trojan"?
I'm not sure, but the webmaster of the site that gave me the virus has taken down that site and stated something. I'll go cut and paste the written statement and provide a link. The link no longer has a virus, but I don't want anyone to feel they have to open it to see what's written, just in case.

kitkat

Quote**Site removal notice**

This site has been taken down by COA due to malicious code

Information on buddypicture.net trojan

If you have a link in your AIM titled "buddypicture.net" it means your machine has been infected by the buddypicture.net trojan.

The virus exploits a flaw in Internet Explorer and forces the download of the trojan to your computer and runs it. When it starts, the trojan puts a link in your AIM profile that that forces the download of the trojan to your computer. Messages can be "I can't believe I found (your screen name)'s picture here HAHAHA" or similar. Once it changes your profile, it will begin downloading adware and spyware to your computer. Changing your AIM profile won't get rid of the virus, it will simply change it back on your next reboot.

If a link in your aim is titled "buddypicture.net" you will need to remove the trojan using adware removal software.

Removal:

You will need to run adware removal software on your machine, we would suggest the sites listed below,

palsol - site contains software to remove spyware and adware

spywarenuker - another piece of software to remove spyware and trojans

COA 2004

http://www.buddypicture.net/announcement/

TB

Hmm....I think it's something different. I'm not sure. A few weeks ago I was having massive pop-up issues and some "backdoor trojan" virus kept trying to get into my computer. That ad-aware thing is really great, but I had to get rid of it because it was slowing down my already sluggish computer.

I Pirates

kitkat

Did you use a free one? Do you remember where you got the adware from?

mediastar

There are two sites with "adaware". One is at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/. But there is another one at www.ada-ware.com/

The first one, Lavasoft, is the recommended one. I recommend you don't go near the second one.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)