Sophie's and Louise's fashion, accessories and jewelry

Started by TLLK, September 05, 2021, 10:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

I like the material very much, quite pretty, but don?t know whether the fit around Sophie?s middle is terribly flattering. It just looks like a bit of ribbon loosely tied around an undefined waist. I?m sure they enjoyed the night though. Unusual for the Wessexes to get a gig like that but what other royal is available.

Nightowl

I also love the fabric yet there is a huge mistake in the design, looking at the top of the gown you can see Sophie's bra straps through the fabric, not good whoever designed this gown, instead have the entire top of the gown the same as the bottom and leave the sleeves sheer. This would cover up any showing of her undergarments.  Also I think Sophie needs better undergarments that what she is wearing....the girls need lifting it seems like. The fabric is great, the color and sheerness is outstanding on her......just a design mishap is all.

TLLK

Agree with you both @Curryong and @Nightowl. It's gorgeous fabric, but the majority of women in their fifties will find that a more structured gown in a better choice. Sophie's gown for the State Dinner was an excellent choice, but I hope she retires this one.

Nightowl

LOL.....if she does retire this gown, then please send it my way so I can make a pretty gown for me to where is the question....LOL 

TLLK, I search here around the world for fabric that these royal women wear.....I collect old vintage fabrics gone, never to be seen again.  My searching has not yielded the fabrics I keep looking for....some designers make their own fabrics in small quantities as that makes what the royal ladies wear very private and one of a kind.  My closet is very full of all kinds of fabric....here is what a friend of mine did with old used wedding gowns, she had a couple of them and made the prettiest shower curtain for her bathroom with a sheer liner behind it. Very elegant and one of a kind!

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on December 01, 2022, 11:04:05 PM
I like the material very much, quite pretty, but don?t know whether the fit around Sophie?s middle is terribly flattering. It just looks like a bit of ribbon loosely tied around an undefined waist. I?m sure they enjoyed the night though. Unusual for the Wessexes to get a gig like that but what other royal is available.

I?m agreed with you

sara8150

Quote from: Nightowl on December 02, 2022, 12:04:59 AM
I also love the fabric yet there is a huge mistake in the design, looking at the top of the gown you can see Sophie's bra straps through the fabric, not good whoever designed this gown, instead have the entire top of the gown the same as the bottom and leave the sleeves sheer. This would cover up any showing of her undergarments.  Also I think Sophie needs better undergarments that what she is wearing....the girls need lifting it seems like. The fabric is great, the color and sheerness is outstanding on her......just a design mishap is all.

You?re right about that

Nightowl

Thanks Sara for showing the gown on the model.  Hummmmm looking at the pictures, I love the eggshell color on the model more then the pure white on Sophie.  It is a warmer color and softer also.  And wondering if a more structured belt, a small belt with a cute removal diamond buckle would be a better choice then that self fabric tie.

TLLK

To be honest, I don't care for the design on the model either. I'm guessing she's about twenty plus years younger as well as taller and slimmer than Sophie but I don't find it flattering on the model.  :unsure:
@Nightowl -I agree that perhaps a more structured belt might be the answer.

Nightowl

Thanks TLLK for the ideas about this gown......boy would I love to get my hands on this fabric. I really don't like the top part of the gown either, yet the bottom and the fabric are so pretty and I am sure seeing that up close it would be beautiful.   The designer just did not take into account that women wear undergarments and sometimes they show the straps.  In looking at the model maybe she is going bra less or with a strapless bra.......and the companies always show the clothes on young women just to create sales and not thinking that not all buyers are young girls these days, Sophie is a beautiful woman yet not a young chick anymore....so wonder how she got into buying this gown?  Just cover up the top and put a small belt with a diamond buckle and you have a whole new gown that  many women could wear.  Or make is shorter for young women who want to go dancing in a flirty gown that sparkles as she dances. 

sara8150

Countess of Wessex wores off-white coat with a beige woolen dress and brown leather boots

Nightowl

That winter white looks so good on Sophie, and I love her hair.  A very hard working loyal lady that is one of monarchy finest.

sara8150

Louise wore navy hat, dress and coat, proving that Louise has inherited her mother Countess Sophie's unfailing elegance and regal style

TLLK

Sophie's outfit for  to her visit in the Netherlands.

QuoteThe Countess of Wessex wore her Harris Wharf London coat with an Aspiga dress (with thanks to Innominate), her LK Bennett boots, and her Sophie Habsburg clutch. She also wore her Felt necklace and Felt bracelet.

TLLK

The Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh attend reception in Edinburgh ? UFO No More

QuoteThe Duchess of Edinburgh wore her Max Mara coat with a Roksanda dress, her Prada pumps, and her Sophie Habsburg clutch. She paired the outfit with repeated earrings, her Lucia Odelscachi necklace, Halcyon Days bangles, and her Felt bracelet.

wannable

The Duchess of Edinburgh fashion today at BP Garden Party.

Nightowl

A very beautiful Sophie in that pretty pink, so nice to see other colors besides blue....

wannable

Today, 5th May 2023 Small Island and Developing Nations, Lancaster House, London #Coronation

Nightowl

Very beautiful dress and so pretty on Sophie.  Yes dancing the night away in a dress meant to be flirty and fun.  Love love the color!