The Duke and Duchess of Sussex Interviews, TV and other media events Part 4

Started by TLLK, January 21, 2023, 12:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on March 05, 2023, 02:35:45 PM
The illustration is about Harry.

The Daily Mail would need to make a 'separate' illustration of William with public financial statement availability as I mentioned with the noted differences of DOC, MOD and Commercial EAAA, including the 8th Sept 2022, death of HMQEII, 'God Save the King' makes a automatic domino effect, specifically speaking about this subject William and the DOC.

What has any of that to do with the fact that Harry would not have been inheriting the entire bulk of what Diana left her sons, which the DM asserts, without any proof whatsoever, is 30 million pounds? She left a little over  12 million pounds. Even if the sum had grown from 12 million to 30 million in total after years of investments, Harry wouldn?t have inherited the ENTIRE SUM at 25 years old or even thirty years old.

It was estimated by broadsheets like the Times when Harry was nearing thirty that it was believed that he would be inheriting about 14 million pounds on his 30th birthday, and I reckon that is about right. If William inherited the same or a little less when he reached 30, then the whole sum available would have been around 28 million in total, which again sounds reasonably correct.

wannable

Can you please quote from the DM article to further the discussion.

From the DM written words vs the Illustration
It paid Prince Harry GBP2.3million-a-year - a figure he and Meghan would later claim contributed to 95% of their office expenditure.

Harry also received an estimated 2million-a-year from the Sovereign Grant.

The Sovereign Grant is the money taxpayers allocated by the King to fund the royal family and is set at GBP 86.3 million-a-year.

Harry's personal wealth before meeting Meghan was derived from the estimated GBP20million inheritance from his mother Princess Diana.

He also banked around GBP7million from his great-grandmother the Queen Mother, who paid it into a trust fund in 1994.

Prince Harry was also thought to have various sums tied up in trust funds until he is 40 and other investments giving him around GBP30million in total inheritance.

From 2005 to 2014, Prince Harry served in the British Army, for three years as an officer and then for seven years as a Lieutenant with The Household Cavalry (Blues and Royals) - netting him a total wage of GBP375.398.

Trust funds are Deeds of Trust as I said, the contract is tied to bank clauses of do not touch, if you touch, the contract is broken and you cannot make a new contract.

Curryong

Trust funds from whom? The cogent words here are ?also thought to have? with reference to other trust monies etc. Thought by the tabloids, no doubt.

It was said by the Press for years after the QM?s death that she had put money aside for her grandchildren in trust funds. The Press stories grew over the years to many millions put in trust for all her great-grandchildren as well. (See the Guardian story below.)

I find that very difficult to believe myself, considering that she was not a wealthy woman on her own account, that the Queen and Charles, paid for expensive repairs to her homes over the years and it was stated that at the time of her death she had been living way above her income for years, and was in arrears to Coutts bank in London to the sun of about four million pounds. This trust fund of hers for Harry from 1984 leaving him millions seems to me to be more a product of journalistic imagination than anything else.

Who else would have left Harry millions in his minority? Can?t think of anyone. As a grandchild of the late Queen and Prince Philip he may have been left a few million by them, but that isn?t relevant to 2019, which is what that coloured illustration is about.

The coloured illustration also shows ?an estimated? two million a year from the Sovereign Grant (a name butchered on the illustration) which is ridiculous. The Sovereign Grant is there to help royals with clothing and travel expenses when on royal engagements. It is not an automatic allowance and there is no way that Harry would be pulling those sorts of expenses out of the SG as a fulltime royal. Anne does hundreds of engagements a year and wouldn?t be getting that amount.

As for Diana?s inheritance having grown to 20 million pounds for Harry that means it would have grown to 40 million in total if William had his share.  I?ve already stated what I think of that.

The gamble that foiled the taxman | UK news | The Guardian

wannable

The funds stated in the DM are public knowledge due to financial statement disclosures and inheritance disclosures, the DM have not added what 'may' be from PP and QEII last will and testament related to ''cash'' inheritance.

My last comment, not all the time tabloids get it wrong.

Curryong

The QM?s Will was sealed for at least 90 years, as the Queen and Prince Philip?s have been. As such any details of trust funds set up for younger royals and inheritances remain unknown.

And when discussing royal finances British tabloids have the unfortunate habit of plucking figures out of mid air that don?t stand up to any scrutiny, like the 30 million inheritance from his mother that Harry seems to have received lol, cutting his brother out altogether.

wannable

The illustration doesn't say the inheritance is from his mother, it say ''inheritance''. 

It is ME that commented 'where' the moneys can be found in internet; financial statements and disclosures of inheritance to date, so if you look back to my comment the date of Diana's disclosure.  Plus factually moneys earn interest if you don't touch it.

wannable

I?ve been in therapy since I was 12. I have had a psychiatrist since I was 18. If either of them ever coddled me this way and fed me lines, I would have walked out and found another.

This was a farce. A slap in the face of actual mental health patients and their providers.

@chefjohnny84

^ I see I am not the only one who noticed

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on March 05, 2023, 03:59:47 PM
The illustration doesn't say the inheritance is from his mother, it say ''inheritance''. 

It is ME that commented 'where' the moneys can be found in internet; financial statements and disclosures of inheritance to date, so if you look back to my comment the date of Diana's disclosure.  Plus factually moneys earn interest if you don't touch it.

And I said, in several posts, that Diana?s money left to her sons was never likely to add up to 30 million for Harry alone. Nor was there any royal or other near relation who was likely to leave Harry so many millions that it would add up to 30 million altogether. Even if the QM (a woman who died in debt) had left money in trust funds for her great-grandchildren it would hardly be likely to be more than a couple of million each. Even if Diana with her 12 million and the Queen Mother with say 3 million (being generous) had left Harry that amount it would not have added up to 30 million for Harry alone by the time he was say thirty. And that ignores that William had to have his share.

I will continue to believe that both Princes received about 14 million EACH at 30 years of age, and that would include any scraps of money from Earl Spencer, the QM, elderly family friends etc. Because Harry getting 30 mill on his own from all possible sources is just plainly ridiculous.

Amabel2

Diana got 17 M for her divorce settlement and I suppose she had money of her own.  she was oly divorced a year before she died so its not liklely she had spent any of it. They did have to pay taxes on the money when she died, but since they were only kids, te money was allowed to  accumulate for a long time so probalby it was more than 17K when they inherited it.

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on March 06, 2023, 08:44:24 AM
Diana got 17 M for her divorce settlement and I suppose she had money of her own.  she was oly divorced a year before she died so its not liklely she had spent any of it. They did have to pay taxes on the money when she died, but since they were only kids, te money was allowed to  accumulate for a long time so probalby it was more than 17K when they inherited it.

Diana left a little over 20 million in her will. She directed that it be left to her sons, with a little for godchildren (which in the event they didn?t get, though that?s another story.). There was over seven million that was paid in death duties and other taxes.

It was a bit over 12 Million that was invested for her boys, according to that report I linked. William was 15 and Harry was almost 13 at the time of their mother?s death, so if they inherited the sum left to them at the age of 25, that is ten years of the money being invested for William and 12 years for Harry. And please remember the total was halved, (half for each son) so even if the entire sum had gone from twelve million to say 25 million in those 10 to twelve years that does not add up to Harry inheriting anything like 30 million total for himself alone, especially as there is no evidence anyway of any other inheritance of 5 million or so for each Prince being left to them. 

Amabel2

I never siad that he inherited 30M.  he inherited half of Diana's money, adn even if they had to pay taxes on it, he still got a decent sum when he inherited.

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on March 06, 2023, 10:45:50 AM
I never siad that he inherited 30M.  he inherited half of Diana's money, adn even if they had to pay taxes on it, he still got a decent sum when he inherited.

No no, I never said you did. The Fail stated Harry had a 30 million pounds inheritance. Wannabie seemed to believe the Fail?s figures, so we were discussing it. I think he and William probably inherited about 12 million each from Diana and maybe (and it?s a bit iffy) another two million or so apiece from the QM as well, making it about 14 million pounds or so for each brother. That is indeed a decent sum.

TLLK

We'll have to see if the Duchess and Archewell choose to pursue the application to trademark "Archetypes."

Meghan Markle Suffers Legal Blow Over Her Podcast

QuoteMeghan Markle has been dealt a legal blow over her hit podcast as the United States Patent and Trademark Office has refused her application to trademark the word "Archetypes."

In a non-final action filed on January 18, the royals' podcast production company Archewell Audio, was informed that its application was being refused on the grounds that there was a "likelihood of confusion" with a trademark already in existence.

Meghan announced her Archetypes podcast, which aimed to "dissect, explore, and subvert the labels that try to hold women back," in the spring of 2022, releasing weekly instalments beginning that August.

QuoteThe first podcast series ended in November, winning a People's Choice Award later that year, with no plans for a second yet announced.

Archewell Audio filed an application to trademark "Archetypes" in March 2022, principally in connection with "entertainment services, namely, an ongoing podcast series in the fields of cultural treatment of women and stereotypes facing women."

The patent and trademark office's initial refusal suggests that Meghan's proposed trademark of "Archetypes" is "identical in appearance, sound, and meaning," to one currently held by U.S. based Project Miracle IP Holdings. This was registered in May 2018.

The duchess' production company has until April to pursue the application, extend or abandon it.

changemhysoul

^ We'll have to see how it goes.

Archetypes has already passed so maybe no season 2 or there will be a name change.

Also, Sentebale posted for International Woman's Day

The digital divide & unsafe online spaces keep adolescent girls & young women from fully unlocking & utilising technology?s full potential. This #IWD2023, we call on government & partners to make the digital world safer, more inclusive and more equitable. #PowerOn #EmbraceEquity

https://twitter.com/Sentebale/status/1633418556376330242

changemhysoul

African Parks also posted, highlighting the only female ranger on the team, Ortencia Manuel who will be running in the Lodon Marathon next month.

Today on #InternationalWomen?sDay, we celebrate all women, particularly those who are part of the African Parks rangers. Like Ortencia Manuel, the only female ranger in our team, who will be running the London Marathon next month. Read more here: https://bit.ly/3F5T5zC

https://twitter.com/AfricanParks/status/1633428660999921665

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 08, 2023, 01:24:15 PM
African Parks also posted, highlighting the only female ranger on the team, Ortencia Manuel who will be running in the Lodon Marathon next month.

Today on #InternationalWomen?sDay, we celebrate all women, particularly those who are part of the African Parks rangers. Like Ortencia Manuel, the only female ranger in our team, who will be running the London Marathon next month. Read more here: https://bit.ly/3F5T5zC

https://twitter.com/AfricanParks/status/1633428660999921665

:high5: Excellent news! Thank you for the update.

Curryong

I took a look for curiosity at the ratings for the Markle complainants Thomas snr and jnr and Samantha in Channel 7s Spotlight programme last night.

1. Seven News Seven 894,000
2. Nine News Sunday Nine 763,000
3. I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! The Winner Announced
10 592.000
4. I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! Grand Finale 10 562,000
5. Farmer Wants A Wife - Seven 550,000
6. Lego Masters: Grand Masters Nine 548,000
7. ABC News Sunday ABC 535,000
8. Bluey ABC Kids/ABC TV Plus 510,000
9. Grand Designs ABC 441,000
10. Midsomer Murders ABC 412,000
11. 7News Spotlight Seven 384,000
12. 60 Minutes Nine 357,000
13. The Sunday Project 7pm 10 289,000
14. Seven's AFL: Sunday Afternoon Football Seven 275,000
15. Sunday Afternoon NRL Live Nine 252,000
16. The Latest: Seven News Seven 244,000
17. Insiders ABC 244,000
18. Weekend Sunrise Seven 217.000
19. Kathleen Folbigg: Reasonable Doubt? Nine 200,000
20. The Sunday Project 6.30pm 10 195,000

Not even mentioned among the top shows. Footy and Rugby ruled Sunday, along with the finals of Farmer Wants a wife? and ?I?m a Celebrity?Get Me out of Here!?

TV Ratings April 30, 2023: I'm A Celebrity crowned king of Sunday

wannable

The Mirror claims the Sussexes will do a film about their palace life - Netflix

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'planning feature-length movie on royal life for Netflix'
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will reportedly recount their experience of living inside the palace for a new Netflix movie on royal life
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are reportedly planning a new feature-length film on what goes on inside the palace.
The couple are said to be in talks with Netflix to produce new movie on their royal lives with a focus on their experience of living inside the palace.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'planning feature-length movie on royal life for Netflix' - Mirror Online

PrincessOfPeace

They have nothing else to offer but trade on their royal connections.

wannable

''There are a lot of nuances from their story that they feel are still missing after the documentary and Harry's book''

The source added: ''Meg is really pushing for it to happen, while Harry wants to treat more carefully''

🤣🤣🤣

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 23, 2023, 06:13:33 PM
They have nothing else to offer but trade on their royal connections.

Not according to that gossip on royals and favourite of another poster here, Neil Sean. In his latest clip on YouTube he states that ?allegedly?, (his favourite word) ever since the couple have had their car chase in NY, their office has been besieged by all sorts of offers from legit companies offering very big bucks for sponsorship of all sorts of items, sunglasses, cell phones, you name it. Mr Sean Gossip (who as usual cites ?a very good? but unnamed source for his gossip, states that they could make an absolute fortune taking up these offers, especially if these sponsorships are shown in a humorous and good humoured way (presumably by Harry.)