Harry and Meghan are seeking Los Angeles base

Started by wannable, January 31, 2020, 03:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Next stop? Hollywood!
A source tells E! News that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are in the early stages of planning a possible relocation to Los Angeles for the summer. We're told the couple is "hoping" to spend at least a portion of the summer months in Meghan's native city after settling in Canada, where they are currently residing since separating from the British royal family earlier this month.
"They have started to look at homes online and are in the process of interviewing security teams. They are getting their ducks in a row and seeing if it's logistically possible," the insider reveals.
Adds the source, "They've reached out to people in L.A. and would like to assemble a team of locals."
Like any potential homeowner, the Duchess of Sussex has a growing list of non-negotiables for her perfect L.A. sanctuary. "Meghan would like to be able to do meetings at the house and also be able to host friends and entertain. Those are two things that are important to her," the source remarks.
Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Planning Move to L.A. for the Summer | E! News

TLLK

If this is story is true I am going to say it will be in Los Angeles county over Orange, Ventura, or San Diego. (Riverside, San Bernadino are not even in the running. :lol:)
It's more familiar to Meghan and closer to a major transportation hubs but they'll want some privacy: Calabassas over Pacific Palisades or Palos Verdes.

wannable

sandy

I am skeptical since they are just settling in to their North American base, Visiting LA I can imagine but not getting another house.

TLLK

@sandy-Perhaps just as a summer rental for 2020 as they plan their future?

From the article that @wannable shared it appears it would just be for part of the summer. It's also more convenient to visit Doria.

QuoteA source tells E! News that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are in the early stages of planning a possible relocation to Los Angeles for the summer. We're told the couple is "hoping" to spend at least a portion of the summer months in Meghan's native city after settling in Canada,

Typically the beaches clear by around 1pm in May/June ("May Gray" and "June Gloom") They're sunnier in the morning starting in August.  :happy:

Double post auto-merged: January 31, 2020, 06:34:18 PM

However if they're concerned about paparazzi on Vancouver Is. it's going to be worse in Los Angeles Co. :no:

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on January 31, 2020, 05:48:53 PM
@sandy-Perhaps just as a summer rental for 2020 as they plan their future?

From the article that @wannable shared it appears it would just be for part of the summer. It's also more convenient to visit Doria.

Typically the beaches clear by around 1pm in May/June ("May Gray" and "June Gloom") They're sunnier in the morning starting in August.  :happy:

Double post auto-merged: January 31, 2020, 06:34:18 PM

However if they're concerned about paparazzi on Vancouver Is. it's going to be worse in Los Angeles Co. :no:
Gonna have a lot of houses?  One in Canada, Frogmore and now a Holiday home in LA.

SophieChloe

Quote from: QueenAlex on January 31, 2020, 06:50:13 PM
Gonna have a lot of houses?  One in Canada, Frogmore and now a Holiday home in LA.
One more than W&K.  Who have had two homes for years.  Whilst not being *full time*.   And the two homes remain just a few hours apart. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

wannable

Eventually Harry will purchase a home.  Meanwhile nobody knows if their actual roof in Vancouver Island is a freebie or Charles is paying rent. 

Frogmore Cottage is in a financial standby too, most of the interpretations I've read is that the Sussex's intend to repay GBP 2.4Million of taxpayers as soon as they make their own moneys, same with the security. Meantime, Charles will pay the rent until they are financially independent to pay it for themselves. 

Double post auto-merged: January 31, 2020, 11:16:10 PM

ETA: Eventually Harry will purchase a home.  Isn't woke, it's sexist. I honestly think Meghan has much more chutzpah's to purchase a home for the Sussex's family.

sandy

Why would Charles pay rent? Harry and Meghan have bank accounts of their own.

How is it known Harry will "eventually" purchase a home?

TLLK

QuoteGonna have a lot of houses?  One in Canada, Frogmore and now a Holiday home in LA.

From the article that was posted, the one in Los Angeles sounds like a short term rental for the summer, so this sounds like a temporary living situation.
We'll have to see if the family chooses to settle in British Columbia, Ontario or in the U.S.
I don't believe that they'll be using Frogmore Cottage very often in 2020.

wannable

Quote from: sandy on January 31, 2020, 11:29:11 PM

Possibly, but not sure Harry and Meghan want to spend their savings in rent.

The number one priority (stats) is to secure/own a house, once that's done the rest of a individual's life and descendants is easier. Officially, Harry stated to be paying the lawsuit lawyers, their foundation was paying their PR Sunshine Sach, apparently the later isn't working with them any longer.  A yearly allowance budget has 'limits'.

Blue Clover

It won't be hard for them to find a home in Los Angeles. There are many beautiful homes there.

TLLK

@Blue Clover - Yes very beautiful but our rent prices are eye watering expensive.

Blue Clover

Quote from: TLLK on February 01, 2020, 12:14:39 AM
@Blue Clover - Yes very beautiful but our rent prices are eye watering expensive.

I know! It may be better to buy a house in one of the more exclusive neighborhoods in Loa Angeles. They may want to settle in California and not Canada.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on January 31, 2020, 11:29:11 PM

Charles Is lready paying towards their expenses.. if they have the cost of buying a new house in Canada, and one in California, plus security abroad they are going to need his input

Double post auto-merged: February 01, 2020, 08:32:21 AM

Quote from: Blue Clover on February 01, 2020, 05:50:49 AM
I know! It may be better to buy a house in one of the more exclusive neighborhoods in Loa Angeles. They may want to settle in California and not Canada.
I thought that Megahn liked Canada, and had been there for some years, so that's why they went to Canada.  I would say that LA will be a lot more expensive if they make it their main home base.

sandy

How is it known how much or if CHarles will pay? They don't have to disclose this to the media.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on February 01, 2020, 12:40:22 PM
How is it known how much or if CHarles will pay? They don't have to disclose this to the media.
He has been payng about ?2M annually ot them for their expenses in their work.  However now they are not doing the job but with moving, their expenses are not at present going to go down.. esp security...  Unles and until they make money themselves, Charles wll probably have to go on paying a large allowance

sandy

the exact numbers have not been made public. Estimates were based on Retail Value of outfits she wore. It's all speculation.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on February 01, 2020, 12:45:34 PM
the exact numbers have not been made public. Estimates were based on Retail Value of outfits she wore. It's all speculation.
As I recall it was stated that he paid ?5 million to his sons for their public roles.. and It was probably half and half, so H and Meg would get about 2.5 m each.  Now they will have security to pay for, travel, a house, and a new life to set up.  So I dotn think that Charles is going to withdraw his payments.. if he did, they might find it difficult to manage esp as they are going to pay back the money that was spent on Frogmore...

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: QueenAlex on February 01, 2020, 12:58:09 PM
As I recall it was stated that he paid ?5 million to his sons for their public roles.. and It was probably half and half, so H and Meg would get about 2.5 m each.  Now they will have security to pay for, travel, a house, and a new life to set up.  So I dotn think that Charles is going to withdraw his payments.. if he did, they might find it difficult to manage esp as they are going to pay back the money that was spent on Frogmore...
Well, if a move is planned to LA that may be the best place to earn that money.  Entertainment stars are paid huge amounts of money. They are already a hot item, and if her talent matches up they could be a huge success. Who knows what Harry would do, but he is SO charismatic that I have to believe he will be successful.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 01, 2020, 07:40:03 PM
Well, if a move is planned to LA that may be the best place to earn that money.  Entertainment stars are paid huge amounts of money. They are already a hot item, and if her talent matches up they could be a huge success. Who knows what Harry would do, but he is SO charismatic that I have to believe he will be successful.

What can Harry do exactly?  I don't think that Meghan is likely to return to acting.  . it all seems so vague what they are supposed to do to earn a living...

Princess Cassandra

Haven't we already heard that she ill do a voice over for a new movie? There are lots of non-acting jobs in the entertainment industry.  Harry could do a lot promoting their foundation. Bill Clinton, after all is said and done, earns big money in the lecture circuit. Harry could do promotions for their foundation, take a salary for himself and pour the rest into the organization. But I don't have any knowledge of what he would like to do; I'm just listing something I think he COULD do.

wannable

So far, Disney has given MM the opportunity to do voice over, it usually takes 1.5 years minimum to do any film, including Animation.

The couple are also supporting Communications Bell Canada.

Omid Scobie
@scobie
Shameful reporting (and obvious smear attempt) on one of the world?s largest mental health conversations. #BellLetsTalk
has raised $108million (CAD) for charitable initiatives and, since 2010, has been supported by countless high profile individuals (incl Trudeau and Cambridges).

Omid is wrong, it is not shameful reporting, simply nor the Cambridge's, Trudeau and the Sussex's teams investigated the Bell Company thoroughly, there is nothing wrong signaling and criticizing it or telling the TRUTH, rather than Hiding it.  Bell DOES give to Mental Health charity, but the article Omid is shaming (The Sun) is actually accurate. Bell charges everything, they even charge what allegedly that Co. gives to MH.  i.e. people who are in a Canadian Jail, the MH initiative includes phone calls to family, Bell has their lines installed in the jails, but the calls are not free to the jailed person, they have to pay by charging it to the family or friends they call, if the family/friend rejects the call due to lack of money (1 Minute is CAD 1, long distance is CAD 15)

Each jailed person has a filed record, in the file the MH issues are noted.  NOTE: Many charities MAY improve, make money out of society, but the jailed, mental health institutions, they should find a way to have it free of charge.  Here is where I hope the Sussex's may help in finding solutions.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 01, 2020, 07:48:06 PM
Haven't we already heard that she ill do a voice over for a new movie? There are lots of non-acting jobs in the entertainment industry.  Harry could do a lot promoting their foundation. Bill Clinton, after all is said and done, earns big money in the lecture circuit. Harry could do promotions for their foundation, take a salary for himself and pour the rest into the organization. But I don't have any knowledge of what he would like to do; I'm just listing something I think he COULD do.
I can't see Harry on the lecture circuit - I thought it was a possibliity...but not so sure now.  He has a certain knack for public speaking but what wuodl he talk about? He's probably debarred from talking about Royal life and military life. What foundation do you mean?  I think that they are going to have to figure out some way of earning.. and I suppose Meghan might be going intot movies.. but she's not a top notch actress, is she?  She would only have her status as a Royal to get her parts.

sandy

Why would he talk about Royal life ala Burrell. Burrell worked as an employee, Harry is a member of the royal family.

I doubt Meghan would be going into movies, but if she did, the DM boards would explode talking about her and calling her the z lister.

She had steady work as an actress and no doubt envied by millions of aspiring actors who envied her getting a steady job on a TV show. It's nothing to sneeze at.

Double post auto-merged: February 02, 2020, 12:56:03 AM

Quote from: wannable on February 01, 2020, 08:29:54 PM
So far, Disney has given MM the opportunity to do voice over, it usually takes 1.5 years minimum to do any film, including Animation.

The couple are also supporting Communications Bell Canada.

Omid is wrong, it is not shameful reporting, simply nor the Cambridge's, Trudeau and the Sussex's teams investigated the Bell Company thoroughly, there is nothing wrong signaling and criticizing it or telling the TRUTH, rather than Hiding it.  Bell DOES give to Mental Health charity, but the article Omid is shaming (The Sun) is actually accurate. Bell charges everything, they even charge what allegedly that Co. gives to MH.  i.e. people who are in a Canadian Jail, the MH initiative includes phone calls to family, Bell has their lines installed in the jails, but the calls are not free to the jailed person, they have to pay by charging it to the family or friends they call, if the family/friend rejects the call due to lack of money (1 Minute is CAD 1, long distance is CAD 15)

Each jailed person has a filed record, in the file the MH issues are noted.  NOTE: Many charities MAY improve, make money out of society, but the jailed, mental health institutions, they should find a way to have it free of charge.  Here is where I hope the Sussex's may help in finding solutions.

It is one time, for charity.

Double post auto-merged: February 02, 2020, 12:57:03 AM

Quote from: QueenAlex on February 01, 2020, 07:42:40 PM
What can Harry do exactly?  I don't think that Meghan is likely to return to acting.  . it all seems so vague what they are supposed to do to earn a living...

What can any of them do? Make speeches and cut ribbons.