Duke & Duchess of Sussex future engagements in the UK

Started by wannable, May 01, 2019, 02:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on March 20, 2020, 01:07:18 PM
Not all want him "gone."

He's not likely to be back.. I tink the marathon is cancelled and anyway travelling is now off the talbe.

Trudie

Once this pandemic is over and travel is possible Harry will be back to work on his various UK charities. Harry didn't step back from those.

TLLK

I don't believe that Prince Harry will likely leave Vancouver Island for the UK in the near future-Spring 2020. His upcoming events related to the London Marathon and Invictus Games are postponed to later dates. The events in which the wider BRF extended family were likely to attend (Trooping the Color, Ascot,...) are in question for now.  IMHO it's safer for him to remain at home with his family. :happy:

QueenAlex

Quote from: TLLK on March 20, 2020, 02:03:17 PM
I don't believe that Prince Harry will likely leave Vancouver Island for the UK in the near future-Spring 2020. His upcoming events related to the London Marathon and Invictus Games are postponed to later dates. The events in which the wider BRF extended family were likely to attend (Trooping the Color, Ascot,...) are in question for now.  IMHO it's safer for him to remain at home with his family. :happy:
Not a chance.  It seems like this horrible lockdown situation may go on for at least  3 months and very likely more.  He wont be able to come to the UK for some time.

wannable

Quite right, everyone business or personal need to prepare their routines/life for now* 3 to 6 months.  This virus will change the world politically, economically and socially, especially the children, the future.

*For now, meaning check your country or local scientists/medical/government OFFICIAL websites with UPDATES. It's ever changing almost daily.

QueenAlex

Quote from: wannable on March 20, 2020, 02:41:39 PM
Quite right, everyone business or personal need to prepare their routines/life for now* 3 to 6 months.  This virus will change the world politically, economically and socially, especially the children, the future.

*For now, meaning check your country or local scientists/medical/government OFFICIAL websites with UPDATES. It's ever changing almost daily.
It seems to me like the UK will be in lockdown for maybe 6 months or more.  And it will probably be the same in other coutnries including Canada.  So Harry wont be able to travel or speak..

sandy

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on March 20, 2020, 07:57:24 PM
None of the royals should be venturing out.

This thread is about Harry.  He can't do his new job because it entails travelling and public speaking... and that's not going to be doable for the next several months. 

wannable

Their latest Instagram post may give us an idea, they are bored, hence digitally training to be counseling for MH.

What they are suggesting is exactly the same as:

The SHOUT charity can give you an idea of the training, FAQ's, Q&A's, what to reply to each question, when receiving calls.  The good thing is one can work from home as an operator.

TLLK

@wannable-Yes that would be an excellent suggestion for the Sussexes to train for the SHOUT charity as long as they can do it remotely from Canada.

wannable

Yes, they are factually promoting a good thing CrisisTextLine, which is exactly like Shout (give us a shout from the UK) the charity of William and Kate, previously the foursome.

The promo is for Canada/USA. 

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: sandy on March 20, 2020, 01:07:18 PM
Not all want him "gone."

Again .
But he wants to be gone.
He and Meghan want to be gone. See their own words in their demands.
So gone they are. Their right and their choice.

They could not  pick and chose. Do as they want.

Now, as celebrities, they have their own staff independent of TQ or The Crown.. They have their own choice of home. Their own choice of social media is how and what and when they communicate

Yes they , in their first demands said they had wished to work and establish their new role within the BRF...
That is not how that thing works.
All members work to support their country, their subjects, The Commonwealth, and The Queen.

As you said, they will be just fine as multimillionaires doing their thing.

QueenAlex

They are gone.  Doesn't matter what people want. they chose to go and they went.  So no point in wanting them to come back.  At present it can't happen anyway.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on March 20, 2020, 10:40:59 PM
Yes, they are factually promoting a good thing CrisisTextLine, which is exactly like Shout (give us a shout from the UK) the charity of William and Kate, previously the foursome.

The promo is for Canada/USA. 
Excellent news @wannable. Thank you for sharing.

wannable

The charity SmartWorks aren't waiting for 31st March, have already changed the wording in their website; they deleted all HRH and Royal, leaving it plain Duchess of Sussex. 

sandy

They still have the HRH but not allowed to use it.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: sandy on March 22, 2020, 02:16:01 PM
They still have the HRH but not allowed to use it.

Again, I know that.
We know that.
They know.
Everyone knows that
So that is why SmartWorks removed HRH, Our Royal Patron, etc.

sandy

FanDianaFancy

Again, it must be a big deal if Sarah and Diana we?re saddened they lost it.
Agsin, it must be a big deal if Henry and Meghan would have preferred to have HRzh and Royal used too.
Again, they still have HRH, we and everyone knows that, but they cannot use it.
Agsin, what sense does that make to have something, but cannot use it.

My opinion, in QEs  year review, they will losevit and officially lose patronages.
My opinion on QE.
Common sense?
Contradicting?
Confusion?
Much of the separation does not make sense.
Cannot use HRH, but can have it.
Can keep patronages, but not act on behalf of QE but will not be returning to work with those patronages but , but but cannot be two separate BRFs with MH doing their thing pooping in , making their own calendar, but , but....

I think QE has let things open as to not publicly appear harsh and fast.
When all  pr,fanfare, press dies  down in year fir year review, she can finish all these things.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on March 22, 2020, 02:20:32 PM
I don't think it really a big deal.
of couse it is a big deal.  Why do you think the queen forbade tehm to use it. She did not want them trading on their royal status or their HRH..

sandy

In the long run and in perspective IMO it is  not a big deal. They actually still have the title it was not taken away from then. ANd in this pandemic in perspective it certainly is not important. IMO.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on March 22, 2020, 07:28:27 PM
In the long run and in perspective IMO it is  not a big deal. They actually still have the title it was not taken away from then. ANd in this pandemic in perspective it certainly is not important. IMO.
No but this wont last forever and was not a problem when they left.  the queen clearly thought ti was a big deal and Harry and Meghan IMO have been trying to keep the word "royal" because they know it is a selling point.. when this is all over they will need to get working and earn their living.. and they will need every selling point they can get.

Curryong

Quote from: QueenAlex on March 22, 2020, 08:10:12 PM
No but this wont last forever and was not a problem when they left.  the queen clearly thought ti was a big deal and Harry and Meghan IMO have been trying to keep the word "royal" because they know it is a selling point.. when this is all over they will need to get working and earn their living.. and they will need every selling point they can get.

Everybody knows that Harry is a Prince and the son of the heir to the British throne. His wife takes his status from him as always happens in Britain. If anybody in the UK or US starts carrying on with nonsense like 'Well they are aren't really royals' they can be directed to that and to the Queen's statement that 'Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be members of my family.' which is perfectly true.

In the US and in other parts of the world it's the styling Prince and Princess that matter. People don't understand or care about the styling of HRH. If they did then Diana would have been dropped by Americans who adored her after her divorce, but she wasn't. She was just as popular as ever if not more so. And Harry is Diana's son.

FanDianaFancy

The financial support of what they want to sell, themselves, has to come from the rich and famous.
Henry is not going to put his money in a foundation or nonprofit.
His money is not long like that.
So they will need galas for rich and  famous and rich and business to fund their non profit or foundation. It costs to get funds.
Those kinds of people have their own.

Again, a foundation or non profit are not ways to earn money.

Lol.

I keep hearing some of you say after this global crisis passes, your favs will earn their millions.

Some of us keep asking you all what are things can the duo can  do?

My opinion, I don?t see any money making plans fir this duo.

My opinion, the spares of Harry, Andrew, Margaret had the better deals.

sandy

Why would you ask people on the board what they plan to do? I don't get it. Only the couple know and have not revealed exact plans yet.