Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit Will Undergo Surgery

Started by cinrit, November 14, 2013, 12:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteHer Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit needs to have a surgery on her neck to remove the herniated disc and alleviate pressure on the nerves.

The Crown Princess's doctors have recommended for medical reasons that this surgery should be performed as soon as possible. The Crown Princess will therefore undergo the procedure at Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet this week, after which she will spend several days in hospital.

More:  The Royal House of Norway - Will undergo surgery

QuoteCrown Princess Mette-Marit Have to Undergo Surgery

Neck problems to the Crown Princess is so severe that she has to undergo surgery this week to remove prolapse and relieve nerve structures.  After five weeks of sick leave due to neck problems , the message from the Palace is that the Crown Princess will undergo surgery on her neck.

We had hoped for the longest time to avoid surgery , and therefore waited as long as we could. She has so much pain now, that an operation is essential, says communications manager Marianne Hagen at the Palace  to the nes agency NTB .

Crown Prince Haakon has decided to cancel his planned trip to Atlanta in the United States .

More: Norway

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

marine2109

HereditaryPrincess

I had hoped that Mette-Marit's back problems weren't very serious and that she wouldn't had to undergo surgery, but I was wrong.
I hope she has a speedy recovery and I look forward into seeing photos of her performing royal engagements.

marine2109

QuoteCrown Princess Mette-Marit surgery: Everything went well

http://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billedbladet.dk%2Fkongelige%2Fengland%2Fhertuginde-catherine-afsloerer-ikke-sit-favorittoej&act=url

Double post auto-merged: November 16, 2013, 10:05:38 AM

QuoteWill undergo surgery

Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit needs to have a surgery on her neck to remove the herniated disc and alleviate pressure on the nerves.

The Royal House of Norway - Will undergo surgery

cinrit

QuoteNorway's Crown Princess Has Neck Surgery

Norway's royal palace says Crown Princess Mette-Marit has had successful surgery on her neck to remove a herniated disk.

Palace spokeswoman Marianne Hagen said the Friday operation went according to plan and that the crown princess would remain in the hospital for a few days before returning home for an unspecified period of recuperation.

More: Norway's Crown Princess Has Neck Surgery - ABC News

Cindy

Lady Adams

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on November 16, 2013, 12:05:37 AM
I had hoped that Mette-Marit's back problems weren't very serious and that she wouldn't had to undergo surgery, but I was wrong.
I hope she has a speedy recovery and I look forward into seeing photos of her performing royal engagements.
I agree. I love CP MM, and really respect all the work she does.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Macrobug

:hug:  but a really gentle one.  That is a nasty operation and takes a long time to recover. 
GNU Terry Pratchett

cinrit

Will she have to go through physical therapy, Macrobug?

Cindy

Macrobug

most likely.  If this is the operation I think it is, there is a high chance of spinal cord damage.   At the very least, she will have to keep her neck protected for a while ie a collar.
GNU Terry Pratchett

cinrit

^^ That sounds scary.  I hope everything goes well for her. 

Cindy

Blue Clover

It sounds like the surgery is serious. I wish her a speedy recovery.