Confidence and Style

Started by abishai -b, June 13, 2008, 01:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abishai -b

I am the last in my family line.  Many consider my family royal.  We are from India, though I have been living in the USA since 1983, and I am a U.S. citizen.

I was thinking that royalty itself is actually based on confidence.  Each person has his own mind and his own sense of confidence.  If you believe in the Christian story of the devil tempting Adam and Eve and even the angels of God, then you can consider royalty as a confident compromise made to appease both Satan and God.

The royal mantle allows Adam to "keep up foreign relations."  What is important is that Adam does his best to remain consistent in his attempts to call himself a king.  How will he do this?  If the world ends like in Armageddon, then Satan sure will not leave without a stink.  This means that every king's attempt to keep confidence will be tested.  "If I am the king of the South, my people will turn against me, and I will not lead the South with honor."  Honor always means deference and service.

In today's world, technology and fashion demand we stay loyal to God and remain confident about our roles.  I myself have decided to devote my life to Jesus Christ and also take great interest in the styles and fashion of Ancient Greece.  I think Ancient Greece is the peak of our species.  If we were invaded by aliens from outer space, I would be most proud of our achievements and behavior during Ancient Greece.  I would tell the aliens that I believe in Jesus Christ and how his apostle Paul spread the Christian religion of self-sacrifice to Ancient Greece.  I would tell the aliens that Paul wrote that "Greeks are religious in every way."  I would tell them that my favorite characters from Ancient Greece include Helen of Troy and my favorite characters from the Christian Bible include Mary Magdalene, Jesus's friend.

This is my confidence: Christ in Ancient Greece.  Since I can not live up to this, I keep a hard copy of the written Bible and a portrait/painting/picture of Jesus Christ.

There is no other option for me, as today's world is advancing in ways I do not understand.  That is ok, though, since studying mathematics has led me to Christian prayer anyway.  If the world no longer offers written bibles or Jesus paintings, I will keep my faith in Eve, and since this is difficult, I will keep an image of Jesus in my head and something to remind me of a square shape.  Why a square shape?  According to the Christian Bible, this shape makes our confidence in Christ and faith in Eve very palatable. 

I am in the process of planning an "old world bistro" business.  The cuisine will be Mediterranean in flavor if not completely EurAsian.  I will serve napkins that have my bistro logo printed on them.  Visit "My Ambitions" under my homepage to find my bistro blog.

I have non-professional interests too: the movies, "Batman Forever" (1995), "Top Gun" (1986), "The Goonies" (1985), and "Cool Runnings" (1993); billiards, football, Diego Maradona, Bjork, Lenny Kravitz, chess, and CNN. 

If I am considered a monarch, my people would be considered very low-class by most kings and queens.  I consider myself to be similar to the American President Andrew Jackson who believed in a certain kind of (if odd) America. 

If am considered stylish, I would say my style is something like an overgrown college student from Florida University, a lazy heir who lives off his family's royalties, a lifelong student who likes reading "Twelfth Night" and "The Education of Henry Adams," and a "Millennial Trumpeteer" who likes praising Ancient Greece.  My fiancĂ©e and I really like the film, "Bonnie and Clyde" (1967).  We believe this movie defines our sense of stylishness.

I also enjoy Pandora Radio service (free).  I tune into the Morcheeba and Bjork stations, among others...

Above all, I value intelligence.  I enjoy the films, "Shallow Hal" and I like reading "Twelfth Night."  As a young man, my favorite novel was "Persuasion" (Jane Austen), but now it is "Twelfth Night."  I will look for ways to post my Ancient Greek confidence/style somewhere on the Internet, so that it is easy to find.

I will also try to keep up with modern times by perusing movie trailers of new Batman movies.  By "perusing" I mean you can just gloss it over, you don't have to be involved so much in the story; just appreciate the costumes and stage design.

For now, I think my current bistro blog summarizes who I am in this era.
If every man were a king, the queens would be very annoyed

Jenee

Quote from: abishai on June 13, 2008, 01:35:13 AM
I was thinking that royalty itself is actually based on confidence.  Each person has his own mind and his own sense of confidence.

Interesting theory, although I am not sure I agree.  And I'm not sure what the rest of your post really has to do with the subject... it sounds more like you're attempting to promote your blog :french:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore