New painting of Fre, Mary and the kids

Started by anikas, March 15, 2008, 08:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anikas

Beschrijving foto:
14-03-2008 Balt The winning entry, titled 'The Official Portrait of the Danish Royal Family' by artist James Brennan.
The painting of a breastfeeding Crown Princess Mary and a near-naked Crown Prince Frederik with their two children, Isabella and Christian, won the major prize in the satirical competition which is a play on Australia's major portrait competition, the Archibald Prize. ( cartoon/satire/kunst)

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2008/08031499.jpg
Willite #0107 Cheese-ite #0015

Diedera

:snowflake:

MEW

Sorry, when you involve the children in something like that, you have crossed the line. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

anikas

I even commented because is behond word for me  :brainwashed:

Diedera

Well the two words that came to mind (that are allowed on the forum  8) are:

Vulgar

Distasteful

MEW

Exactly.  The sexual overtones (his and hers) with the children in the painting make it a questionable entry,

serene grace

I'm sorry it's in bad taste but I had to giggle a bit. Poor Mary all that dieting she's done and the artist draws her with these chubby legs. I think Fred looks hot, in real life,no need to paint him like that.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Nighthawk

I can't believe that the painting won a prize :blink: I'm still speechless over the painting :thumbsdown:

MEW

If I was a family member, I would buy it and destroy it.

anikas

Quote from: Nighthawk on March 15, 2008, 10:56:08 PM
I can't believe that the painting won a prize :blink: I'm still speechless over the painting :thumbsdown:

A major one  :shrug:

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Diedera

Exactly my reaction Lila.  It was just shocking. :o

Scarlet Flowers

They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Miss Scarlett

Nighthawk

I say someone needs to burn the painting

dizzylizzy13

It's so bad at least nobody will steal it  :fool:

anikas

truly_thata

We Have Our Own Way to the Palace

Lillianna

Swedish reports said that the painting portrayed the royal couple and their children as a "typical Aussie family". I can't comment on that.

But if this is a true depiction, then it's no wonder so many among the elderly aristos shuddered when they heard about the wedding!

I was shocked to see it too... but I wondered whether they might just be saying that Frederik was a big baby: at first I thought those were nappies he was wearing. Then I realised that they were supposedly a special brand of Aussie underwear. :D

In all honesty though, Mary's body frame looks a lot like her old self before the onset of princess-to-be emaciation, especially those legs.
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

Rhiannon*

The painting technique is itself so amateur that to critique the subject matter isn't even worth it. :snob:

dizzylizzy13

No need for this "artist" to ever cut off his ear then.  :french:

Lillianna

How come Hello hasn't featured this? :hmm:
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

Miss Scarlett

^ :teehee:

I can only imagine the editor's reaction to Fred, Mary, & co as the "typical Aussie family"!

Sydney

I will be honest: I laughed when I first saw this picture. Then I thought: would I laugh if it happened to me? No. At the same time, I was surprised when I read that the picture will be exhibited in a Museum. That comes to show that (fortunately), freedom of expression still exists in our world. In this painting you can clearly see that the people who appear on it are Mary, Fred and their kids. In Spain, this painting would have been burn into ashes and the painter would have probably gone to jail or, at least, he would have been fined or taken to court. It has made me think about the "El Jueves" caricature of Felipe and Letizia. Goodness, that was censure. Don’t get me wrong: I wouldn’t like to find myself in that situation. But the fact that they haven’t censured the painting or fined the artist comes to show that they accept that there is freedom of expression (and, to be honest, the way they have been painted is the way a lot of people sees them). It’s not the same here in Spain. Oh, no no no. Don’t you dare offending our beloved Felipe and Letizia, paradigm of perfection.