Main Menu

For Mods Only

Started by FetchingHag, August 31, 2003, 12:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FetchingHag

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Churchill

Don't worry about things that could happen, worry about things when they happen-Unknown

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which

FetchingHag

Do all mods agree with these rules????

A few rules for this forum:

No off topic articles. If an article is off-topic, it will be moved by a moderator to the Chat or Miscellaneous forum.

Cuss words are allowed, but not directed at other members.

Any questions, please PM one of the mods.  
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Churchill

Don't worry about things that could happen, worry about things when they happen-Unknown

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which

sunshine69

I know I said I'm not wasting any more board space with this ridiculous topic, but here is my last attempt. I know this, because I'm going to go call my mentor after this.

The issue we have with you is about none of the ones you posted. In a post under Good Articles, you used copyrighted material. And that was breaking a rule that mediastar has asked repeatedly to not be broken. Not only did you break the rule, but you also didn't even say that the material came from some place else. You claimed it as your own. Only when pixie caught you on it, did you post links, and get extremely defensive.

Plagiarism and breaking copyright LAWS are big issues. I'm sorry, but they are. I've tried exasperation, I've tried being a bitch, and now I'm trying to be calm about it and explain the whole thing rationally.

So that is it.  
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

pixie

Fetch, I feel like at the end of your post, if you were tired, you should have said, instead of "I'm sorry it long but I just had to rant on it a little" something along the lines of "the middle paragraphs are quotes from various sources.  I'll get you the links tomorrow but I'm exhausted now."  

Whatever, though, to me, that's less the issue than your response.  If you were tired and made a mistake, then you say "I was tired and made a mistake, sorry."  I HATE that you attacked me for pointing out that what you did was wrong and accused me of "nitpicking."  Breaking the forum rules is a serious issue.  Plagiarism is too (and even if you didn't mean to plagiarize, I thought you had, and I had a moral responsibility to not let you get away with stealing other people's intellectual property).   I think your response, of accusing us for persecuting you for breaking rules, of making fun of us for eating disorders, of deleting threads you started, including ones like the weight one where a lot of people had posted and still used for support about issues, was very immature.

I'm glad your not leaving, I'm just very upset and dissapointed that this had to go down the way it did.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams