"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

polo_pony

touche!

I wish I had their lives combined..polo && fashion... :flirt:
we're from the city

Windsor

Quote from: ~H4W~ on August 10, 2006, 09:09:54 PM
All William and Harry do is play polo. :happy:

Indeed, but we must remember that both Princes apart from playing polo do extremely hard work  pursuing their army careers, I am sure you would agree with me on that.

Every time I read news about the Crown Princess Mary she is at a fashion fair or other similar engagements and that is seriously not very impressive, surely there must be something else in Denmark for Royals to do?  -_-

:shrug:

polo_pony

I do agree Windsor, but the Denmark Royals ( sorry to say) aren't that....ermm.. more 'wanted' like the House of the Windsor, they're lacking interest of the public. So maybe Princess Mary just picks and chooses what she wants to do, as they're not an influential part.. :shrug:
we're from the city

cookie_monster

Quote from: Windsor on August 11, 2006, 12:06:43 AM
Indeed, but we must remember that both Princes apart from playing polo do extremely hard work pursuing their army careers, I am sure you would agree with me on that.
Every time I read news about the Crown Princess Mary she is at a fashion fair or other similar engagements and that is seriously not very impressive, surely there must be something else in Denmark for Royals to do? -_-

True and I also agree with pony.
~Willite, Harryite, Peterite, Elizabeth II-ite, Maryite~

QB

Quote from: Windsor on August 11, 2006, 12:06:43 AM
Indeed, but we must remember that both Princes apart from playing polo do extremely hard work  pursuing their army careers, I am sure you would agree with me on that.

Every time I read news about the Crown Princess Mary she is at a fashion fair or other similar engagements and that is seriously not very impressive, surely there must be something else in Denmark for Royals to do?  -_-

Well there's the interviews, photo shoots, and shirking your duties to go on holidays with a husband who acts like a 12 year old boy all the time? Don't forget, nose in the air, and pout at ALL times. Pathetic excuse for a Crown Princely couple, and a total disgrace. So glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks so!
Why is you pickin on me? Is it cuz I is   ginger, aiii? –Arri G

hippie_cyndi

i don't think that's a fair assessment....she's patron of the heart/mental health/children's lit/danish red cross....has attended plenty of events related 2 humanitarian things...besides....she's been married less than 2 yrs...like all new princess...it takes times for them 2 adjust...instead of throwing their weight around.

this fashion show = 2 the american...or...brit...fashion institute...like other princesses...its part of their schedule...2 support national designers...yada...yada....and i don't see all this criticism about the 'glamour' aspect 2 her role....all monarchy are about selling an image...like how princess diana's beauty...youth...&...fake fairy tale marriage sold...&...strengthen the monarchy...same thing with princess mary....why criticise her...for doing same thing...the public expects :shrug:

ps. i agree about the part...where prince fred...&...his nympho bro...are lazy...compared 2 prince felipe of spain...or even prince albert of monaco....its like the danish prince marry...so their women perform all the hard work...i love...&...miss princess alexandria...she did amazing job...representing the monarchy :waaaah:
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

Varya

I agree with you Hippi_Cyndi. Mary and Fred are loving parents and both seem happy with eachother and I think it is wonderfull that they're first years together are spent with eachother and not just doing engagement after engagement. Anyway I am not a huge follower of what  the Danish Royal's  are doing but everytime I see a picture of them they look happy and relaxed. That to me says volumes. Wether or not Mary does a huge amount of duties (that others see as benificial) she seems like a wonderfull person and mother. That to me is enough. Plus like you said she is new to this princess thing and hopefully as time goes on and she becomes more accustomed to royal life she will do more and more engagements.

I like Mary.
SO I DID HAVE SIGNATURE UP HERE... but evidently it would probably have been removed so I removed it first. But bummer about the possible censorship!
Almost everything is speculation mixed with opinions... get over it!
Diana-ite #3 Chelsy-ite #8
NON[/colo

QB

I personally think Mary is a disgrace, and I don't agree with your comments about her other patronages. Whenever she does drag herself away from shopping and holidaying, she goes to those events and is completley useless and arrogant, constantly turning away from people to pose for the cameras. that is clearly what she is interested in. She has done nothing for these very needy causes, who on earth knows things about mental health or heart disease because of her? how many people would even realise that she has these worthy patronages?she has always wanted to be 'famous' and rich which has been proved by her dating history and the way she conducts herself in her role of Princess. I've never seen any evidence her and Frederik are happy- she hunted him on the night they met, and I've never once seen them looking connected. She is particular oozes either iciness or arrogance in almost every photo.It took 4 years and the Queen telling the press the relationship was serious before he finally proposed and the engagement was announced 2 months later.  :rolleyes:  Even if they are, it doesn't make her a good Princess, and it certainly doesn't make her a good person either- I can't imagine someone as stupid,lazy, shallow and immature as Fred would have exemplary taste in women. Just because a Crown Prince chooses her doesn't mean she should be blindly accepted.She may be new to the Princess gig but that's no excuse for her disgusting behaviour, Princess or not. I wouldn't even try and excuse for your average joe on the street. plus it's not like Letizia,Maxima, Mette-Marit,Masako and Mathilde have been Princesses for a long time either. She has plenty of time for holidays and shopping and self-promoting photoshoots and interviews.Her work ethic is nothing short of embarrassing. Yes she may have worked before she met Fred but I get the feeling it was only out of necesity. she was always a social climber and it has been proved many times. As soon as she arrived in Denmark, she got her fake job Freds friend gave her, then 4 weeks later, it was shopping and holidays for the rest of the year before the engagement was announced. then things got really bad.

hippie_cyndi

:huh?: wow, it looks you have some personal vandeta against this lady...its like spewing hate...rumors...&..innuendos...with little prove  :shrug:

Quotei've never seen any evidence her and Frederik are happy- she hunted him on the night they met, and I've never once seen them looking connected. She is particular oozes either iciness or arrogance in almost every photo.It took 4 years and the Queen telling the press the relationship was serious before he finally proposed and the engagement was announced 2 months later.

poor little fred...he was forced 2 date her for 3 yrs...then practically @ gun point...propose 2 her...while on the way....doing the best acting job (i'm telling you...worthy of OSCAR)...by crying on his wedding day...slopping all over this lady...whom i might add...DOES NOT LOVE Him :waaaah: seriously......if these 2 aren't happy...always relaxed in e/o presence...then darn it...i might never believe in love again ;)

QB

I didn't say that so don't twist my words. But if you don't believe that there are people who are sought out, shadowed, smothered and then pressured into marrying someone, I'm here to tell you it happens. And that isn't even people who HAVE to marry and have children wether they want to or not. it's part of his job. If you think they're in love fine, but hell would freeze over the day those two have an iota of warmth between them

QB

Quote from: hippie_cyndi on August 16, 2006, 05:30:26 AM
:huh?: wow, it looks you have some personal vandeta against this lady...its like spewing hate...rumors...&..innuendos...with little prove  :shrug:
[Please do not discredit my posts like that. To suggest I have a personal vendetta is unfair. Why would I. It is also wrong to say what I am doing is 'spewing' hate is a strong word I never used, and they are not rumors. every single thing I posted has been proved over and over many times for years and years in Australia anyway. maybe you didn't hear of them but please don't suggest I have some sort of personal problem so I 'spew' hate and rumors when all I do is give the facts on a person who clearly should not be held up as a role model. I despair for a world that worships a disgrace such as them.

CarmenEngland

I dont know why but I think this is nonsense...Any of us know Mary or Fred...so...We really dont know anything  :)
Willite #0000   Maryite  #0004
"William forever, Harry never!"

hippie_cyndi

exactly.....its all about liking or not liking her...whether its logically explainable...in my book...she's a kewl lady....i can't wait 2 see how she grows into her role :)

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

QB

To say that is it about either liking someone or not and things being logically able to be explained is grossly unfair to me. I don't like to be implied that I am someone who "decides" to either like someone or not because there clearly is no logic it that.I agree with you on that point. But because I am Australian we have been able to see a lot of things that people in other parts of the world haven't, so I don't like it to be implied that I base my knowledge of this woman based on anything other than her own behaviour and the way she conducts herself, and plain cold hard facts that have been proven over and over again for years. If you like the sort of person she is, then fine, but that does mean the truth should not be aknowledged.

hippie_cyndi

QB...no one is accusing you of being 'illogical'...basically...what i'm saying...none of us had a personal relation with this lady....we all read same media sources....yeah there are Aussies who don't like her...while many others like her...for whatever reason.....wombat is one of them....so basically...i don't see what's all the debate over princess mary is about :shrug: she hasn't killed anyone...or...wrecked some family apart...she ended it up marrying a crown prince...whether she will be worthy of the danish crown...only time will tell...for now...the plp of denmark love her...she seems 2 be doing a decent job....in my opinion ;)

i don't consider her a role model...i safe such a role for my mom...&...plp who actually brought about societal progress...i'm done with this cov.

QB

:hiya: OK I know you say you don't want this conversation anymore, but I'd just like to point out because you haven't killed someone or torn a family apart doesn't make you a good person. I don't see any reason to disregard someones previous and current appalling and disgraceful behaviour just because they haven't done these things. And as Wombat has said herself many times, she has chosen not to believe any of the stories of those who knew Mary 'pre-Fred' whereas since Mary is a proven liar, I do believe them, especially since their is legal letters and photos to prove so. And the debate is because she is an extremley contraversial person, and with good reason. Anyway, I guess this is QB out...sorry I've been reading the dear diary thread  :laugh:

hippie_cyndi

QB