Books about and written by the Sussexes Part 2

Started by TLLK, November 12, 2021, 12:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

That?s how he was referred to in the Press and media until George was born. Andrew was known as the spare in newspapers and magazines until George?s birth. Margaret was known as ?the Spare?. As Charlotte grows up she may will be the same.

Harry will probably be referring back to his earliest memories and then move forward.

wannable

IMO something drastic changed for that new title.  I guess we will know by 2023.

The Prince I Was Born, The Man I Became seemed to have been the previous choice.

TLLK

I wonder if the cover photo was taken by the same photographer  who took Meghan's picture for The Cut interview?

Prince Harry has  made  donations from the advance that he was paid by Penguin Random House.

QuoteHarry was reportedly paid a $20million (?18.4m) advance for the book as part of a three-title deal worth ?36.8m. Today, publisher Penguin Random House said the duke had donated $1.5m (?1.3m) to children's charity Sentebale and ?300,000 to WellChild, a charity for disabled children which he serves as patron.

UK bookseller Waterstones is already offering it at 50% off if anyone wishes to make a purchase now.

https://www.waterstones.com/book/spare/prince-harry/9780857504791

QuoteHardback 416 Pages / Published: 10/01/2023   

Save ?14.00 Coming soon

Awaiting publication

wannable

For those interested in the UK, promotional half price by purchasing here

https://www.waterstones.com/book/spare/prince-harry/9780857504791
From full price GBP28 to GBP14

wannable

Harry's own memoir website
Prince Harry Memoir

For those who prefer to purchase the audio book, Harry is the voice!

wannable

''A spokesman for the King declined to comment last night. But it is understood that the Royal Household has already been warned that the 416-page, GBP28 book is 'critical of everyone and everything'''

💀💀🦨

We will have fun  :bday: at the RIF

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on October 27, 2022, 10:49:22 PM
''A spokesman for the King declined to comment last night. But it is understood that the Royal Household has already been warned that the 416-page, GBP28 book is 'critical of everyone and everything'''

💀💀🦨

This spokesman (if there genuinely is one and not an imaginary friend of the journalist reporting it) has read the book cover to cover, I dare say!
Expecting to have more fun criticising Harry for every word are we? What about praise in the book for his parents and grandparents? That will go unnoticed, I?ll bet!

PrincessOfPeace

Harry could have been a supportive son and brother, like Edward and Anne to the Queen and Charles, but instead has gone down this bitter and twisted road.

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on October 27, 2022, 11:06:23 PM
Harry could have been a supportive son and brother, like Edward and Anne to the Queen and Charles, but instead has gone down this bitter and twisted road.

How about reading the book first before characterising anyone as bitter and twisted.

And the above point of view rests upon people feeling that their life?s work and whole purpose is in supporting a brother or parent simply because of the position in which they were born, only to be put on the back burner when the new heirs grow up.

I think it?s notable that out of the Queen?s eight grandchildren only William is in fulltime royal life. And the Wessex children look as if they are going to follow their Tindall, Phillips, York relatives rather than follow the royal rota as well. As no doubt will Charlotte and Louis.

PrincessOfPeace

I agree we have to read the book but he didn't get a 20 million dollar advance to just say nice things about everyone.

Every monarchy in Europe has a hierarchy. If Harry walked away and led a quiet life, I think people would be supportive. But what's up with all the interviews and books?

I don't understand what his core complaint is.

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on October 27, 2022, 11:25:40 PM
I agree we have to read the book but he didn't get a 20 million dollar advance to just say nice things about everyone.

Every monarchy in Europe has a hierarchy. If Harry walked away and led a quiet life, I think people would be supportive. But what's up with all the interviews and books?

I don't understand what his core complaint is.

All what books? As far as I know neither Harry nor Meghan have written a load of books. Or even one, bar this yet to be published autobiography.

Well perhaps we?ll all read about it when the book comes out. And I?m not suggesting that Harry is going to say everyone is wonderful. I just doubt that he will say that everyone is diabolical either.

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: Curryong on October 27, 2022, 11:16:15 PM
As no doubt will Charlotte and Louis.

Just because Harry walked away doesn't mean Charlotte and Louis will abandon William and George. They may very well want to support the monarchy.

PrincessOfPeace

Quote from: Curryong on October 27, 2022, 11:28:52 PM
All what books? As far as I know neither Harry nor Meghan have written a load of books. Or even one, bar this yet to be published autobiography.

I thought I read today it's a 3 book deal Harry signed.

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on October 27, 2022, 11:37:02 PM
I thought I read today it's a 3 book deal Harry signed.

Yes but the other two are I believe self help books about mental health. I have read that Harry wanted Spare to be mostly about his mental health journey from his teens onwards but the publishers didn?t want that.

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on October 27, 2022, 11:29:37 PM
Just because Harry walked away doesn't mean Charlotte and Louis will abandon William and George. They may very well want to support the monarchy.

That hasn?t happened in the younger ranks of other royal families though. Almost all siblings of other monarchs have gone into private life. And the BRF seems to be intending to slim it down in the future in the pattern of other European and Scandi monarchies.

wannable

Chapter 1: I was born into a family of multi millionaires. My parents own 8 houses. I attended the best school in the UK. I have never been short of money and have, within reasons, been able to do whatever I want. But life has been hard, I'm telling you.

World Problem
Trending

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on October 28, 2022, 01:10:20 AM
Chapter 1: I was born into a family of multi millionaires. My parents own 8 houses. I attended the best school in the UK. I have never been short of money and have, within reasons, been able to do whatever I want. But life has been hard, I'm telling you.

World Problem
Trending

I don?t care what?s trending on Twitter, especially regarding something that hasn?t even been published yet.

And, as we?ve seen from the experiences of countless people all over the world, being born into families of great wealth, status and privilege, whether royal or not, does not guarantee that you will never suffer great heartache or encounter trauma or death, or have parents who didn?t devote as much time to you when growing up as they could have or should have. There are many many examples reaching back centuries.

Nightowl

How about reading the book first before characterising anyone as bitter and twisted.

And the above point of view rests upon people feeling that their life?s work and whole purpose is in supporting a brother or parent simply because of the position in which they were born, only to be put on the back burner when the new heirs grow up.

I think it?s notable that out of the Queen?s eight grandchildren only William is in fulltime royal life. And the Wessex children look as if they are going to follow their Tindall, Phillips, York relatives rather than follow the royal rota as well. As no doubt will Charlotte and Louis.

That is the choice of the grandchildren's parents, not anyone else.   Andrew wanted his daughters to be working for the Firm yet the family/firm decided otherwise,  Anne and Edward I think had the insight to know that the monarchy could not have the entire family working for the Firm, after all there is the public to consider also, so they made choices for their children to be have a career of their own.

Nightowl

For me personally, I don't need to read the book to see what kind of *man* Harry professes to be, his actions, behavior and decisions say it *ALL* for me.   What he has done in the last few years with the hell he created for his grandparents at their age and his entire family with his wife lying and him telling lies over and over again tells me what this book is all about, just the look on his face shows his rage, his anger , his bitterness, his meanness and his spitefulness towards his family.  NOT any family in the entire world is perfect yet he thinks he and Meghan are that way as their actions/behavior says that. I just pity him for he could of done so much to help others and now all that he did before is slowly being in time canceled out by what he is doing now and has done since he left the royal family.  If this is as bad as everyone thinks, then there will be no turning back ever for him and his family, after all they have Hollywood and corporate America to keep them in money.    Many royals members of royal families have left and established careers and worked outside the royal family and done great, yet I have not read of one that has trashed their family to hell and back the way Harry and Meghan have...... Harry is a small man stuck in  a tiny box of hate and anger that will in time eat him up till there is nothing left........he is a danger to himself only he does not realize it yet.

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on October 28, 2022, 01:32:42 AM
I don?t care what?s trending on Twitter, especially regarding something that hasn?t even been published yet.

And, as we?ve seen from the experiences of countless people all over the world, being born into families of great wealth, status and privilege, whether royal or not, does not guarantee that you will never suffer great heartache or encounter trauma or death, or have parents who didn?t devote as much time to you when growing up as they could have or should have. There are many many examples reaching back centuries.

Harry has caused great heartache. There is no excuse for what he has done. Too late. He deserves to be mocked and what I wrote is very mild about his privilege, the other trending Harry stuff liked by the thousands is very much stronger words. That clearly thousands are upset with his behavior.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on October 28, 2022, 11:43:01 AM
Harry has caused great heartache. There is no excuse for what he has done. Too late. He deserves to be mocked and what I wrote is very mild about his privilege, the other trending Harry stuff liked by the thousands is very much stronger words. That clearly thousands are upset with his behavior.

There are certainly thousands of keyboard warriors all over the world who love to criticise other people (not just Harry) for everything from statements, actions, clothing, writings (look at what JK Rowling has received about transgender persons) and for just being convenient whipping boys and girls. Would these warriors? own lives stand up to microscopic scrutiny? Extremely doubtful! That?s the joy of being anonymous on Twitter. And this book isn?t even published yet. Just one word has set these ever present critics off!

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on October 27, 2022, 10:49:22 PM

💀💀🦨

Yes its private matters and it?s private business but Buckingham Palace,Clarence House and Kensington Palace have no comment on Harry?s memoir books not without King and William?s attorney present to read remember in past Daily Mail and express says William must directly Harry?s memoir books in the stores

wannable

His income is trashing his family, so yes the keyboard warrior can like any criticism thrown to him.

That is what the like button is for.  Spare me the thought these thousands of people actually liked his permanent victimhood lifestyle.

Princess Cassandra

I don't take anything I read in the media for gospel, but as of today we are told the book is full of complaints and criticisms. If he airs more dirty linen in the public eye he might as well plan on saying goodbye to his family. Then he can really play the victim.