The Monegasque Family General News and Chat

Started by TLLK, July 20, 2020, 05:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

TLLK

Poor Charlene. She cannot catch a break from her sinus infection and surgery. I'm glad that she was able to seek medical treatment so quickly.

Curryong

I have no problem believing that Charlene has had several surgeries and is not well. However, according to the article below the hospital discharged her on Thursday, whereupon Charlene ?returned to the game lodge where she had been previously staying?. Now, while I admire her pluck and dedication to her wildlife causes, surely Charlene?s medical team wouldn?t be too happy about that.

The Lodge is over 150 miles away from Durban where she has just been treated and in a remote area. Hardly an ideal spot for someone recovering from a fainting spell after multiple ear surgeries, one would have thought, especially as she was flown to Durban for treatment after the last episode. In a plane? Some bits of this tale get stranger and stranger!

Princess Charlene: Monaco palace shares health update about the royal | HELLO!

sara8150

Update news on Princess Charlene?s health

Princess Charlene of Monaco is 'stable' after being rushed to hospital in South Africa  | Daily Mail Online

Princess Charlene's Condition 'Reassuring' Post-Hospitalization: Palace | PEOPLE.com

Princess Charlene Is 'Ready to Come Home,' Says Prince Albert | PEOPLE.com

Princess Charlene is 'ready to come home' reveals Prince Albert | HELLO!

Princess Charlene of Monaco rushed to hospital after collapsing | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Charlene 'ready to come home' - Prince Albert raises hope of Monaco return | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Princess Charlene rushed to hospital ? Royal Central

Prince Albert says Princess Charlene could be back in Monaco sooner than planned ? Royal Central
Palace says Charlene doing well and still stable but stay tuned and kept posted on Princess Charlene?s health

Gert?s Royal Twitter says on Princess Charlene?s health
QuoteStatement on Princess Charlene?s medical emergency
"Her Serene Highness (HSH) Princess Charlene of Monaco was rushed to hospital by ambulance late Wednesday night after collapsing due to complications from the severe ear, nose, and throat infection she contracted in May.?
https://twitter.com/gertsroyals/status/1433885660671262728?s=21

Quote"The Princess' medical team is currently evaluating her but have confirmed that the Princess is stable. She has been released. Doctors are still establishing exactly what happened.?
https://twitter.com/gertsroyals/status/1433885662126686210?s=21

Curryong

Well if Charlene was rushed to Durban hospital by ambulance after her fainting episode it must have been by air ambulance then, as she was reputedly staying in the game lodge 150 miles from Durban that has been her HQ for much of her stay in SA.

A ground ambulance would hardly be sent on a round trip of 300 miles to pick up a patient in a remote area of the bush, however important she was. Swifter by air as well. However, there is the ear problem with air travel.

TLLK

Prince Albert has given an interview to People Magazine to address Princess Charlene's absence.

Prince Albert 'Appalled' at Princess Charlene Rumors, Denies 'Exile' | PEOPLE.com

QuoteAs Prince Albert awaits the return of his wife Princess Charlene to Monaco, His Serene Highness wants to set the record straight on rumors that have bubbled up in the midst of the Princess's extended stay in her native South Africa.

"She didn't leave Monaco in a huff!" Albert, 63, tells PEOPLE in this week's issue. "She didn't leave because she was mad at me or at anybody else. She was going down to South Africa to reassess her Foundation's work down there and to take a little time off with her brother and some friends."

He continues, "It was only supposed to be a weeklong, 10-day maximum stay, and [she is still there now] because she had this infection all these medical complications arose."

Charlene, 43, traveled to South Africa in mid-May and soon began to experience complications related to a sinus lift and bone graft procedure she'd undergone prior to her arrival in preparation for dental implants. As result, she has since had several corrective procedures, including one in late June that caused her to miss her 10th wedding anniversary on July 1, and a four-hour long surgery on August 13.

Albert emphasizes, "She didn't go into exile. It was absolutely just a medical problem which had to be treated."

And Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella are now back to school this week.

Princess Charlene of Monaco misses out on her six-year-old twins' first day back at school | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrincess Charlene of Monaco has sadly missed out on taking her six-year-old twins back to school as she remains in South Africa.

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella returned to Fran?ois d?Assise-Nicolas Barr? (FANB), a private Catholic institution on Monday, according to the Monaco Tribune.

They were accompanied by their father Prince Albert, 63, while their mother remains in her native South Africa after being hospitalised due to complications from a 'severe ear, nose and throat infection' she contracted in May.

The former Olympic swimmer, 43, who has not been seen in Monaco since January, was reportedly discharged from hospital on Thursday and returned to the lodge where she has been staying these last several months after contracting the infection.

She is not expected to return to the principality until October after undergoing a 'four-hour operation under general anaesthesia' in August - although it was not made clear whether this was linked to the sinus infection.

Curryong

A couple of glimpses of the luxury lodge where Charlene has been staying in the game reserve, while recuperating from her medical procedures.

Charlene de M?naco: As? es su para?so en Sud?frica, fusi?n perfecta entre naturaleza, lujo y exclusividad

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Jaques, Princess Gabriella enjoying a dog show in Monaco with Princess Caroline, Charlotte and Melanie De Massy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTr-J-SsVwa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Macrobug67

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Albert has said Princess Charlene will be back in Monaco 'very shortly' and anticipates doctors in South Africa will clear his wife for travel within days.

Prince Albert says Princess Charlene will be back in Monaco 'very shortly' | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

I'm glad that there's an end date to her time in South Africa and that she can return to Monaco soon.

TLLK

Prince Albert will be accompanied by the twins when he heads to the  COP626 meeting in Glasgow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVkcWJnsmrX/?utm_medium=copy_link

Blue Clover

I hope Charlene is feeling better. Happy she plans to return to Monaco soon.

Curryong

At least during Charlene?s illness Albert and the twins have done some serious bonding. Their accompanying him to various events over the last few months has been good to see.

Curryong

Just read on another site that the twins are home-schooled at the Palace at Monaco with a few little friends as fellow students. If true, I think it?s rather an old fashioned way for royals to begin their early schooling. I know all Queen Elizabeth?s children started off with a governess at BP but that was 40 odd years ago.

Curryong

Charlene has lost a lot of weight. She looked very thin and frail in her last set of photographs.

wannable

There is tiredness, not just physical, which can only be treated with a period of rest and monitoring.'

IOW, Mental Health issues.

Since December 2020, Prince Albert was hit with a third paternity claim.  As of Oct 2021, he told his lawyers to fight for a ''soverereign immunity, refusing to do a DNA test.

I've never liked him.

TLLK

I have to agree that it appears that Princess Charlene is facing some mental health concerns. I hope that her treatment will be successful.