The Sussexes and Family General chat

Started by sara8150, May 06, 2020, 02:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

A thread for the Sussex Family's General News not related to their charity work, current events, birthdays, etc...

Prince Harry sells ?50,000 hunting rifles as Dr Jane Goodall says 'Meghan doesn't like hunting' | Daily Mail Online
In USA is $62,000 and in UK pounds is ?50,000

Prince Harry flogs handmade hunting rifles worth ?50,000 after giving up hunting to please Meghan ? The Sun

That so ridiculous idea on meghan I dont know if HM Queen,Prince Charles And William would have to says

wannable

It makes sense to him and his wife is all what matters.

Secondary is everything else, they won't be going to any countryside hunting and shooting.

TLLK

I agree @wannable. If Prince Harry has decided to give up shooting and hunting then there doesn't seem to be any reason for him to hold on to his rifles anymore.  :)

According to the article from The Sun, he sold them five months ago.  Prince Harry flogs handmade hunting rifles worth ?50,000 after giving up hunting to please Meghan ? The Sun

QuoteHarry, 35, was also absent from the recent shoots at Balmoral and Sandringham. He sold his two British-made guns five months ago ? before he and Meghan, 38, quit the UK for a new life in North America.

A friend of the anonymous buyer said: ?He bought them because he wanted them, not because they belonged to Harry, but he was quite chuffed when he found out. They are beautiful examples and he?s very pleased with them but he?s not the sort of person who wants to boast about the royal connection.?

wannable

Quite, he already had it in mind by Jan 2020. And of course he was in holiday (Christmas season) all over Canada, or at least what we know of Toronto, then Vancouver.

FanDianaFancy

I am American.
Long story and after I explain, while my explanation is part if this subject, my opinion of Henry ,the prince without a country.
People hunt .
I don?t.
I get why they do and that is ok.
If it is not your thing, then don't do it. No one is making you.
Some of us like to eat a hamburger or a fired piece of fish.
Ground beef is from the cow and the fish has a hook in its mouth to be caught or casted in a net.
Dont eat beef roast or fish if that is not your thing. No one is making you.
I totally disagree with the crazy, extreme , radical, just group PETA.
I believe in the ethical treatment if animals meaning lab mice to lab monkeys to should be ethincally fir medical tests. Any time you get sick or go to the doctor or take an over the counter med, it has been animal tested and people tested too.

So Henry bought these, which he should not have bought anyway, because he gave up hunting a few years ago.
His wife does not approve of that. That is ok. Spouses and part of being married is respect, compromise fir the others feelings and or communication about your feelings too.
Henry , the prince without a country, like, lol, where is he going to go hunting in Malibu or Beverly Hills
or Pacific Palasides or Calabasas. Wherever they live. All 4 places are rumored to be.

So he sold this expensive hunting rifles. Ok, fine. He should not have  even ordered them really. He could have given them to one of his cousins or father. Henry , the prince , is not living in England or going back there so what is he going to do with them anyway wherever he had stored. I assume in England at somewhere.

QueenAlex

If he wants to hunt, there are plenty of people who do it In the USA. 

lk1957

Not many hunt here in California. I am happy he is stopping. Vegan burgers are now pretty good. However, people will eat meat. I am just glad that wildlife has one less hunter on its trail.

QueenAlex

Quote from: lk1957 on May 06, 2020, 09:47:26 PM
Not many hunt here in California. I am happy he is stopping. Vegan burgers are now pretty good. However, people will eat meat. I am just glad that wildlife has one less hunter on its trail.

There are restrictions on how one can hunt, so wildlife is not going to be decimated. I don't think that this vegetarian yoga loving  blah blah Harry is the real Harry, and I feel he'll revert to his old self at some stage..

wannable

The article didn't say he is now a vegetarian, only that he sold his rifles 5 months ago.  It later speculates that he has been influenced by Meghan with the anti hunt and shoot.

QueenAlex

Quote from: wannable on May 07, 2020, 12:41:19 PM
The article didn't say he is now a vegetarian, only that he sold his rifles 5 months ago.  It later speculates that he has been influenced by Meghan with the anti hunt and shoot.
I didn't mean it literarlly.. just that the Harry who has emerged in the past year, seems to me very different to his image/what was known of him before that.    So I wonder if at some stage he'll revert to type...

wannable

Only if he separates or divorce her, there is a very high possibility that he will revert the majority of his habits to Harry pre marriage.  Social behavior studies have this info in numbers, for both male and female. Reverting.  For now they rather intake factory meat.

This also is applicable to influencers that have the followers and the power, like in my previous comment on the surface of Archie's bday video, Meghan appearing in shorts influence the American way, whilst the baby in diaper's rather than ''specially'' dressed for an occasion.  Like ordinary people photographed for years in the USA going to a supermarket in PJ's, bathrobes and what not barely there clothing.  This influence is hitting the UK during the covid19, I saw pictures in the DM of people lining up and in such drab. 

Public figures know or don't realize that whatever they do, and will be for posterity, what they said, filmed, and it does influence small or big, it matters.  Many celebrities are doing tik tok videos half naked, so many children and young adults of this woke era will probably think cool, let me release myself outdoors same.

Back to the rifles, it is interesting the comment sections; most in different manners of writing their comment - I put it all together as a majority think he will revert to his habits, the minority of the ''other'' type of comment is - and I belong there - basically the preservation of something that was his, this minority also came in different ways of writing the comment; from financially the person who purchased can and certainly will make a lot of money if he decides to sell or his generations to come with a piece of history in his household.

QueenAlex

I think he will revert, he does not seem a very "fixed" personality...  Since meeting Meghan he seems to have taken on all her ideas,  and the move to California is almost certainly largely her idea.  But will it last?

sara8150

wannable

Although the article may be placed in the Sussex or Cambridge boards, I believe Mark Dyer was/is Harry's mentor, the Godfather of Archie, closer to Harry because he was younger, noted that Harry needed his guidance, etc.

Healing the rift between Harry and William: The ex-Guards officer with the toughest peacekeeping mission on the planet... but he IS making progress
Former Welsh Guards officer Mark Dyer has a new role in repairing Prince rift
Relations became so sour 'they didn't talk for weeks' after Harry's 2018 wedding
Prince Harry this year turned his back on Royal life to live in Los Angeles
Mark Dyer became a mentor to Harry and William following their mother's death
Healing the rift between the Princes: The ex-Guards officer with the toughest peacekeeping mission | Daily Mail Online

I took some quotes and posted in other boards/threads to discuss there rather than here.  For example: In the Diana board, her 20th anniversary August 2017.  Note: I didn't know that there was a special celebration at Althorp and a situation happened with Harry and Meghan.

Princess Cassandra

A very interesting article. We will never know the entire true story - even their biographers will not be given that kind of "sight".  But it sure will be nice to see that they have warmed up to each other, and when there is finally trans-Atlantic visiting we can hope to see some of the old joking when they are together.

FanDianaFancy

Do you.
That should be their attitude with each other now and when H married M.
Truly, there should not have been a riff.
Toxic people, you let go off.
Fo you.
Worry about you.
H is a grown man.
W had a wife and three kids. H is not his child.
I will say W was wrong. If there was scarpgate, he should have always been cheery to them the few formal times in public they were around each over the past two years.

QueenAlex

I should say William is fed up, he and K are now the main workers of their generation in the Royal working party, and Harry has quit.  I don't blame him.. esp if he feels that his brother is keeping away from him.    Harry is not a child, he's a grown man.  If he wants to be independent of the RF, leave them fine.. but don't expect them to be too pleased with it..

wannable

I believe so, with every little event, Harry and Meghan felt snubbed rather than pause, breath and think (article explains the examples of each situation, reaction of the Sussex's, and the meaning of each can't).  The isolated themselves with their actions.

IMO, Meghan wanted to be the first in every situation versus the tradition, protocol of not only the BRF, but the Aristocracy, High Society ways of the British people.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 02, 2020, 12:25:45 PM
I believe so, with every little event, Harry and Meghan felt snubbed rather than pause, breath and think (article explains the examples of each situation, reaction of the Sussex's, and the meaning of each can't).  The isolated themselves with their actions.

IMO, Meghan wanted to be the first in every situation versus the tradition, protocol of not only the BRF, but the Aristocracy, High Society ways of the British people.

That is your opinion. I think otherwise and there is no direct evidence of Harry or Meghan asking for anything at the Diana Memorial Service other than assertions by a journalist in a tabloid article. 

wannable

She wouldn't have said that nobody asks her if she's Ok.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 02, 2020, 01:23:30 PM
She wouldn't have said that nobody asks her if she's Ok.

That wasn't in 2017, but over two years later and after the birth of her first child.

wannable

So you think the I'm not Okay is a short period of time she felt affected?

or a accumulation of tidbit experiences that Hotspur and Meghan created in their own minds that left them isolated? I believe this one, they wouldn't had registered so many items being just recently married.

My first experience of living in another country for work, early stamp of my CV  :teehee:, Mexico, I asked out loud something of the sort 'Why are they like that', massive backlash, massive insult done innocently and most importantly lesson learned. Here or in the other thread I also said, living in a foreign country is not for everyone.

FanDianaFancy

Bottom line, my opinion, Meghan never wanted to do this thing for the long haul. She was never planning  on staying .
One year. After that year, FACT , not my opinion, she and H were getting their ducks in a row. About a year and a half, 16 months or, OUT.
January, throw down first.

Now, there is no problem. No ill will. MH and WK are not friends , friendly. They , safe to say dont communicate.
They wont be seeing each other.
Each couple has their own family, friends work, duties, LIFE.
Truly, H and W dont need a mediator or anything.
It is best to let people be , who have differences , move on.

Curryong

There is no evidence that it was the Spencers who virulently objected to Meghan's presence at the Diana Service. If they had all disliked her so much then Diana's sisters would not have attended Archie's christening.

Meghan had experience in living in a foreign country. She lived in Canada, for seven years while filming Suits. She loved Toronto, didn't have a bad word to say about the country. Ever. Liked its gun laws, and made some good friends there.

However, in Canada the tabloid press did not go after her like sharks in a feeding frenzy. She wasn't attacked by the Press three times a day for over a year, nor did attacks on her begin as soon as she settled in Toronto.

I too have travelled and experienced different cultures. I lived in Malaysia for a while. I've lived in another country (Australia) than that of my birth for over half my life.

I can honestly say however, that I would not have been able to stand what Meghan went through in Britain from journalists and courtiers, some of it while going through pregnancy and new motherhood, all while my husband's grandmother, father, stepmother, and brother stood aside and ignored the distress, in spite of countless appeals by my husband. No,  not for a trillion pounds.

It was one of the most shameful episodes of turning their backs on a new family member in BRF modern history, IMO, only Diana's treatment surpassed it. I would have been gone from Britain within three months and told the media why, in a statement backed by evidence.