Harry and Megan Relationship

Started by SophieChloe, January 09, 2017, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Kinkade

^ the comments section are as much of a fun read as the article.  :teehee: :lol:

Seriously, if the papers keep writing about Harry & Meghan's vacations, I think they really aren't helping Harry & Meghan's public image. It seems like all they do is take vacations.

Maria5583

^ They also stay holed up in his palaces when they are together! :coy: That is when, they are together. Most of the time they are not in the same city.

I am trying to find this girl interesting, but I just don't. I think that with Harry's other girlfriends there was more chat on here. What I do find interesting is that her half-brother got arrested last week. I am sure that if interest the royal family as well.  :coy:

To some extent I feel bad that her and her family's affairs are now public, but what does she expect? And why do her family members (or ex-family) have to talk to the press? Her half-brother, now arrested. Her father's ex-wife and how her half-brother's ex-wife. I likely I am missing someone. Classless.  :thumbsdown:

psm

Especially when the "humanitarian" "activist" "independent" Meghan cancelled her charity commitments so she could have those vacations with Harry.

I find it interesting how people defend Meghan for the same things they criticize Kate.

And her half-brother has been arrested for putting a gun on someone's head. No, nobody is responsible for what their relatives do. Still it looks very bad. I know my parents would have been uneasy if I were dating someone whose family had such members.

Curryong

Meghan's father's relatives (it's the father's side that has been talking to the Press and getting themselves arrested) apparently haven't spoken to Meghan, nor has she had anything to do with them for about fifteen years. The photos they have of her are very old (she's in her mid-teens and younger in the ones I've seen published.) Her father and mother have said nothing, nor has Meghan herself.

No, the half brother is not very classy. Nor is Kate's Uncle Gary with his criminal record and colourful past. Nor is Kate's second cousin, a strip tease artist who was featured in the tabloids doing a strip act with a crown on her head. Indeed, none of us are responsible for our relatives.

michelle0187

Kate made it through because she was dating the future king. It's not an excuse or good comparison. Harry can't and won't get the protection a future king often gets. And his gf won't either This isn't about blaming her because that would be utterly ridiculous.  Her connection to Harry is working for her and sadly her family is working against her. The media isn't concerned with her non existence relationship with them, . . If her name is mentioned in the articles about this arrest then there is no stopping the media. They want to build her up and put her on a pedestal until they find something terrible related to her. Its probably one of the worst things a royal gf can go through.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on January 15, 2017, 01:41:10 PM
Meghan's father's relatives (it's the father's side that has been talking to the Press and getting themselves arrested) apparently haven't spoken to Meghan, nor has she had anything to do with them for about fifteen years. The photos they have of her are very old (she's in her mid-teens and younger in the ones I've seen published.) Her father and mother have said nothing, nor has Meghan herself.

No, the half brother is not very classy. Nor is Kate's Uncle Gary with his criminal record and colourful past. Nor is Kate's second cousin, a strip tease artist who was featured in the tabloids doing a strip act with a crown on her head. Indeed, none of us are responsible for our relatives.
Thank you for pointing this out @Curryong and I agree that none of us are responsible for our adult relatives. Queen Maxima, Queen Silvia, CP Mary, Queen Letizia, CP Mette-Marit, Princess Michael, and other royals/public figures have had questionable relatives in their immediate and/or extended families ranging from former Nazi party members to accused rapists to those who sell stories to the tabloids. IMO this man's actions should only be a reflection of him and no other family member.

Cat00

^
It's unbelievable that some people take the DM's comments seriously. Whoever writes there are unhappy and bitter people who attack everyone, it's not just Meghan.

^

I think that who has to find Meghan interesting is Harry, the opinion of others does not matter

^

We aren't to blame for the mistakes of our relatives

royalanthropologist

Never a truer word said about the DM. The amount of vitriol on that site is almost comical :hehe:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Yale

Quote from: psm on January 15, 2017, 01:00:12 PM
Especially when the "humanitarian" "activist" "independent" Meghan cancelled her charity commitments so she could have those vacations with Harry.

I find it interesting how people defend Meghan for the same things they criticize Kate.

And her half-brother has been arrested for putting a gun on someone's head. No, nobody is responsible for what their relatives do. Still it looks very bad. I know my parents would have been uneasy if I were dating someone whose family had such members.

And Prince Harry is still with her!!  I don't need to say another word....

SophieChloe

^^ I believe it to be unfair to categorise DM's comments being from "unhappy" or "bitter" people.  Newsflash - some seem to see beyond the crap.  Be it Harry and his girlfriend or W&K "stepping up".  Opinions, my dear, just opinions.....   

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 15, 2017, 06:53:01 PM
Never a truer word said about the DM. The amount of vitriol on that site is almost comical :hehe:
Would you prefer just glowing comments to be posted? 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

royalanthropologist

Hi hi. I am in it right now. Better get a helmet quick :partaay:. But seriously; there is room for all sorts of opinion but DM readers are notorious. They just jump in and attack :lol:

Double post auto-merged: January 15, 2017, 07:12:27 PM

DM is addictive though. You know you shouldn't read it but you just can't keep away. The other papers like the Guardian and Telegraph are just so boring even if they do worthwhile stories.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

I believe that a large den of trolls have been discovered living at the DM basement for years now.  :P :ahhh:

There are those who are able to express their opinions without resorting to attacks on those who disagree with them and then there are those who cannot. I choose not to feed the trolls. :shrug:

SophieChloe

Quote from: TLLK on January 15, 2017, 07:14:22 PM
I believe that a large den of trolls have been discovered living at the DM basement for years now.  :P :ahhh:

See, this is the exact same thing that makes me furious!  "A large den of trolls"? Really?  Roughly translated as people that do not agree with you. 

royalanthropologist

I know there is a fine line between disagreeing and just hitting out at each other. Unfortunately for DM, many comments are on the warpath from the word go. Sometimes I go straight to the comments. I remember when some kid failed to get an Olympic diving medal for Britain. Gosh, the comments were legendary. There was a time when they went for Prince Williams and now it is Harry's turn. If he knows what is good for him, he will just take it in good humor like many of us do the DM. It is just an addiction that you have to control. I am sure the readers mean no real harm, it is just a culture of attack, vitriol and sometimes genuine human empathy.

Double post auto-merged: January 15, 2017, 07:29:35 PM

And of course, sometimes it takes combative DM readers to see the wood from the trees. The media can be rather smug so you need an attack dog to keep them in line sometimes.

TLLK

Quote from: SophieChloe on January 15, 2017, 07:17:36 PM
Quote from: TLLK on January 15, 2017, 07:14:22 PM

See, this is the exact same thing that makes me furious!  "A large den of trolls"? Really?  Roughly translated as people that do not agree with you. 
I have to disagree and I shared my definition of a "troll" in my post. I'll restate it again.  IMHO a "troll" is not someone who has a different point of view. A troll is someone who goes out of their way to stir up trouble by attacking anyone because they want to stir up trouble. They exist at the Daily Mail site and other places. As people who have moderated sites you and I have been acquainted with them. :)

You and I have different opinions on the monarchy and likely other topics, but I don't view you as a troll because we disagree. Someone who uses abusive language to attack others is a troll.

QuoteIn Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response often for the troll's amusement.

@SophieChloe -Here is a common definition of the term "troll." Yes I do believe that they live in the DM basement. :P

SophieChloe

^ Lazy stereotyping.  I do not live in a basement, and I doubt DM posters do either. 
I, in the past have called the people of have not agreed with me a "sycophants" - I've accepted I was wrong. 
Just in the same vein, those who call dissenting voices "trolls" are just as wrong. 
No matter how we try to butter it up - name calling is not the way forward. 

Double post auto-merged: January 15, 2017, 08:53:12 PM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 15, 2017, 07:27:15 PM
I know there is a fine line between disagreeing and just hitting out at each other. Unfortunately for DM, many comments are on the warpath from the word go. Sometimes I go straight to the comments. I remember when some kid failed to get an Olympic diving medal for Britain. Gosh, the comments were legendary.

If that same kid was promising the same old guff year after year - whilst living high on the hog - then the comments were deserved. 

Double post auto-merged: January 15, 2017, 08:54:26 PM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 15, 2017, 07:27:15 PM

And of course, sometimes it takes combative DM readers to see the wood from the trees. The media can be rather smug so you need an attack dog to keep them in line sometimes.
Hell Yes!  xx

TLLK

Activity:
    38%
        Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Harry and Megan Relationship
« Reply #66 on: Today at 02:48:40 AM »

Say Thanks

^ Lazy stereotyping.  I do not live in a basement, and I doubt DM posters do either.
I, in the past have called the people of have not agreed with me a "sycophants" - I've accepted I was wrong.
Just in the same vein, those who call dissenting voices "trolls" are just as wrong.
No matter how we try to butter it up - name calling is not the way forward.
On this we'll have to agree to disagree as I find the definition to be spot on. I've not referred to you as a troll or insinuated that you were one  in either of my posts. Also I've shared that I do not find that you are one because as far as I recall you have not used abusive language with me in the past. However since we're just spinning our wheels at this point, I'll bow out.

royalanthropologist

Hi hi. SophieChloe has made me smile. I am hoping for a good monday as well, although I have to work as I watch the Australian Open tennis championship :lol:

wannable

Meg's is a Pippa wannabe. Pippa for Princess.

Kinkade

^ I was just gonna say that she's starting to look like Pippa!  :lol: :lol:  :nod:

It's always a fine line between defining real trolls or those who just disagree. I've seen angry posters in social media who just lump critics as trolls when they ran out of logical arguments. It's like the fake news phenomenon, those who don't like certain things just lump them up as fake news. Unfortunately, even mainstream media, IMO, has skewed the news and fudged w/ numbers and facts to suit their agendas.

Anyway, I'm sticking w/ my view, hope this relationship fades away. But if Meghan & her team know what's best for her, she should stop "leaking". Vacation news every other week isn't good for her image. TO me, it doesn't make it romantic, it just re-emphasizes that this is a "Vacation romance" between a spoiled, rich royal and a publicity-hound C-list actress.  :royalsneeze: :windsor1:

Jennifer

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge and Princess Charlotte meet Meghan Markle

Prince Harry has taken another step forward with his girlfriend, Meghan Markle. He has introduced the American actress to his sister-in-law, the Duchess of Cambridge and niece, Princess Charlotte.

A friend told The Sun: "Kate was really looking forward to meeting Meghan and she knew how important it was to Harry.

"They are very close, and he really values her opinion on girlfriends.

Read more:
The Duchess of Cambridge and Princess Charlotte meet Meghan Markle – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Eri

And to think Jacobi was treated like he was Satan  :fuming: ... the new girl's brother gets arrested for holding A GUN on someone's head and suddenly we are not responsible for our relatives ... the hypocrisy is mind blowing ... I call this KARMA for how Harry and his fans treated Cressida and Megan and her questionable attention starved family are about to deliver plenty ... I am gonna be here enjoying every minute of this train wreck ...

sandy

Well look at Uncle Gary's antics. William still married Kate.  I don't see this as Karma, if these two want to get married they will. The brother would be marginalized as Uncle Gary was. Harry and Cressida broke up and it's over. How they treated each other is known only to them.

good221

Well said@sandy,'William support and still support the Middleton despite all the bad PR including uncle  Gary  drug arrest that made the news like Megan half brother did!  harry will still support Megan And he will prove it on the ski trip hopefully photo of them kissing and don't care! the Queen
Did not object to the Middleton and accept all their flaw for the sake of William I highly doubt the Queen can not do the same for his other grandson harry. look at prince Phillip not too long ago people had issues with his families and questions his match joining the royal house, his  nationality  etc.. still they got married.
In fact Megan will get  sympathy from the Queen because The Queen understood what is like to be judgeand scrutinize for love.
So harry and Megan will be fine and this will not effect anything I think according to harry point of views, Harry is INLOVE with Megan no matter what is done or say harry always get things done his ways.
I will advice the media/doubter/ never going to happen teams not  to waste their breath because it will not change harry mind! Harry love Megan end of topic nothing can be done to undone his mind so save your breath on something important in your lifes.
Harry  has said time and time again once he made up his mind that is it!!