Duchess of Cornwall is a Downton Abbey Addict...But Not Prince Charles!

Started by cinrit, October 05, 2014, 12:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteLesley Nicol, who plays Mrs Patmore the cook in the popular ITV series, met Camilla at a charity event and discovered that she never misses an episode.

"Camilla loves Downton Abbey," she said. "We have spoken and she genuinely loves the show."

Prince Charles, however, did not appear to have heard of the period drama, which depicts the lives of the aristocratic Crawley family and their servants.

"When I was talking to Prince Charles he had a slightly glazed look, although being very nice," Nicol said.  "Then somebody said, 'Sir, do you know Downton Abbey?' and he replied, 'Oh, I sort of come and go, really'. So I thought, 'I'm on a loser now,' but I think a lot of the Royals do watch it."

More: Duchess of Cornwall admits her love of Downton Abbey | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sandy

TLLK

Quote from: HistoryGirl on October 05, 2014, 08:09:29 PM
Ha that's cute.
I agree. I can imagine her rushing home to watch her DVR'd episode and hushing Charles during the dialogue.

HistoryGirl

^Some guys just never understand; it's best if they just sit there quietly and let us have our moments haha

amabel

well its kind of a womans programme.  Terribly silly but fun...