The Romanian Royal Family news, current events and general discussion

Started by TLLK, November 07, 2017, 05:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

It is pretty nonsenscial IMO.  Michael was king for a time, so it is OK for him to have called himself King.. but I can't see any sense in Margareta doing this.. esp when there is no heir and no real call for the monrarchy to return.

TLLK

Yes the title of "Custodian of the Crown" is an interesting one, but perhaps it was the best compromise as I believe this was still a male heirs only situation. Now the only "acceptable" male heir has been removed from the line of succession and has lost his title. However he is still very popular in Romania.

amabel

I just think the whole thing is silly.  If there was a realistic hope of the monarchy being restored.. but as it is, the family can if they want to lead a normal life rather than the restricted one of a royal family.

TLLK

Even though RRF  are no longer reigning, they seem to have found a place in society as it seems that many citizens are still skeptical of the government.  People seem to have some respect for Margarita.

PrincessOfPeace

Irina Walker, the princess formerly known as HRH Princess Irina of Romania, has been restored to her royal style and title by her sister, the Custodian of the Crown Margarita.

More: Eurohistory: Princess Irina of Romania Restored to Royal Title and Style by Custodian of the Crown

TLLK

Wow! I never thought that would have occurred after her arrest.

QueenAlex

quite ridiculous.  I dont know much about the RRF but Im preety sure they have no hope of restoration.  Time to give up the royal titles not give them bak to people

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on September 02, 2020, 04:37:12 PM
Wow! I never thought that would have occurred after her arrest.

Yes, especially the manner of it, involving cruelty to animals by Irina and her husband. Anyway she had been living a quiet life on the farm for decades so I doubt it was she who asked for the title to be restored. It would make some sense of she intended to return to Romania and help her sister but otherwise, no.

TLLK

TLLK

TLLK

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

Her Majesty and Prince Radu visited today the Arad County Red Cross and the soon to be opened Childrens Hospital in the city of Arad.

Pics: https://twitter.com/casamsregelui/status/1382700652435025921?s=20

PrincessOfPeace

The Romanian Royal Family has announced that they are starting extensive work to digitize King Michael's huge collection of photographs. His archive includes more than 20,000 photographs which will now be scanned and saved digitally. The royal family confirmed that the photos will be made available for research purposes as well as to journalists.

Romania?s Royal Family to digitalize thousands of King Michael?s photos ? Royal Central

LouisFerdinand

I was going to inquire if some of the photographs include pictures of Michael as a young boy with his father King Carol II. However, the article mentions the photos begin in the 1960s.

Curryong

Would there be that many photos of Michael with his father? King Carol was not a likeable fellow to say the least and treated his ex wife (Helen) and son appallingly in many ways. Carol was an unfaithful and unpleasant husband and a neglectful father from what I?ve always read. I?m sure Michael had many interesting photos of his own family and of fellow royals, many of them relatives, that could be shown to the public eventually, without King Carol being in the mix.

TLLK

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on August 17, 2021, 10:44:40 PM
I was going to inquire if some of the photographs include pictures of Michael as a young boy with his father King Carol II. However, the article mentions the photos begin in the 1960s.

Considering that Carol had abandoned his family and nation early on, I don't believe that there would be too many. And as you mentioned, the photos to be shared were taken in the 1960's. I would expect some photos with Queen Mother Helen though.

TLLK

Mobile Uploads

Nicolai of Romania will attend a premiere of the documentary Mihai I Regele on August 20, 2021.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on August 19, 2021, 09:10:55 PM
Mobile Uploads

Nicolai of Romania will attend a premiere of the documentary Mihai I Regele on August 20, 2021.

I?m always intrigued about the future of the Romanian RF.  Crown Custodian Margareta is in her 70s now and isn?t going to last forever. There seem to be few males in the RRF, at least ones who are prepared to take on a representative role, though I guess Nicolai may be rehabilitated in the next few years after blotting his copybook with King Michael over his private life.

TLLK

@Curryong-I have to agree that at some point, Nicolai will be "rehabilitated" just like his Aunt Irina was recently. He's learned the language unlike his mother and his aunts.  He's married a woman of Romanian descent. He's active in charities that benefit the country. And as we know, he's  the only male heir plus he has a child born in wedlock who could be the future head of the royal family.

For the time being, the Romanian Royals do have a representational role within the country which seems to be satisfactory to all involved.

PrincessOfPeace

"On September 21, 1996, in Lausanne, took place the wedding of Her Majesty Margareta of Romania with HRH Prince Radu. On September 21, 2021, Her Majesty and His Royal Highness will celebrate the Silver Wedding."

Video: https://twitter.com/casamsregelui/status/1437461034978136069?s=20

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary to Her Majesty Margareta and Prince Radu.

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

September 28 at the Central University Library "Carol I", in the presence of Prince Radu, took place the works of the first Conference "Protecting and enhancing the heritage of the Royal Domain Sinaia", placed under the auspices of the Royal Family of Romania.

Protejarea ?i punerea ?n valoare a Domeniului Regal Sinaia | Familia Regal? a Rom?niei / Royal Family of Romania

September 29. Her Majesty Margareta and Pince Radu attended in Elizabeta Palace, an event dedicated to the Queen Maria Health Network.

Seara Palatului Elisabeta dedicat? Re?elei de S?n?tate Regina Maria | Familia Regal? a Rom?niei / Royal Family of Romania

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Sofia unveiled the commemorative plaque of Queen-Mother Helen of Romania Garden. Also met with the Romanian community at Santa Lucia Orthodox Church and attended the projection of Camelia Csiki's documentary The Queen of Four Exiles.

Omagiu adus Reginei Elena la Floren?a | Familia Regal? a Rom?niei / Royal Family of Romania