Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship

Started by stepperry, November 02, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v_voom

I'm getting excited about this couple.  It's been a long while since I've been this giddy about a royal relationship.  The last time I felt like this was when Felipe was engaged to Letizia out of the blue.  I was just a kid back then and I had the idea of those marrying into any royal families to be really rich, connected and had glamorous jobs.  And then here was Letizia, a visible working woman and a divorcee to boot! But she captured Felipe's heart! So, if a divorced woman can marry a Spanish crown prince,  I see no reasons why BP would stop Harry, 2nd son of an heir and far from the succession line (5th in line now), if he so wishes to marry Meghan.

It's still early days and those days are the best times for any new relationship.  But I do hope things will work out really well for them! Harry does seem genuinely happy and at peace lately.  Even before this news broke out,  I thought he just looks so relaxed!

But as I said before, it's still early days. Give it a few months,  the press will shred this poor lass to bits and let's see what happens then.  Kate had a strong family unit who supported her and I do hope Meghan  has the same support too.

Finally,  I would hate to be in a position to be dating someone from a royal family!!The amount abuse a girl can get is heart breaking! Not only is the girl attacked but her friends and family too! 9 out of 10 times, the abuse usually comes from another female...out of pure spite, jealousy...I'm not sure what else? And, I don't see the same level of abuse for their male counterparts who are romantically involved with female members of a royal family.  This was one of the reasons why I've stayed away from a no. of forums in the past year as I was just disgusted at how we were treating one another.

Anyway,  all the best to this couple and merry Christmas, fellow royal watchers!!!!
    :xmas21: :xmas21: :xmas21: :xmas21: :xmas9: :xmas9:
Proud Eurasian girl in London! ;)

Curryong

Quote from: Kinkade on December 15, 2016, 02:25:01 PM
I saw a photo of Cressida sitting on Harry's lap and they were making out. Like seriously making out, IT was at some ski resort in Switzerland. His cousin Eugenie or Beatrice was there and so was Sarah Ferguson. It was so long ago I forgot the details.

Anyway, let's see how this goes. Must be entertaining for all of us how this unfolds. And the breakdown will not be nice compared to his previous gf's...

What you are referring to was the time that the first photos of Harry and Cressida came out. The occasion was Prince Andrew's birthday and as usual he and his family were skiing in Switzerland to celebrate it. Cressida came along too and Harry joined them. For some reason Harry spontaneously grabbed hold of Cressida while they were skiing and began to hug her. A photographer was nearby and those photos went around the world. I think it was the Sunday Express who bought them. There were other photos taken of Cress, Eugenie and a very cute local St Bernard dog as well, and Harry was nearby with a camera.

However, there weren't any photos of Harry with Cress on his knee that appeared. There was a report at the time that the Yorks, Cress and Harry were in a restaurant in the ski resort (can't remember the name of it offhand) and Harry was bouncing Cressida on his knee and they were kissing and making out. No photos though and apparently some fellow diners thought they were being embarrassing and ought to 'get a room' as it was putting them off their food! The Yorks apparently weren't taking any notice though!

That was in the February of 2013 I believe, as Harry had just come back from his tour of Afghanistan the previous year. As he and Cressida are believed to have met at a music festival in May of the previous year it was almost a year since they had first dated. Vegas had happened that summer and there were rumours in the press all the time he was away that he and Cressida were communicating but he was worried about Harry Wentworth Stanley, Cressida's ex, that she apparently still had lingering feelings for. (Cressida is in fact dating Harry WS right now.)

The ski field photos were the first clear photos of them together, though Cressida had been photographed sitting in a car the previous June after a date when she, Harry, the Yorkie princesses and other friends of Harry's including Tom Inskip went to a film premiere of Batman at a suburban cinema.
There was a cell phone photo taken of the whole row of them at the time sitting in the cinema from the back, but it was extremely grainy and unclear. I remember a huge controversy going on within the fandom for months at this  time as to whether he really was dating Cressida. That wasn't confirmed for some, in spite of a few sightings of them together by Twittet people, until the snowfield photos.

I seem to have run on a bit here! Sorry about the length of the post! Just thought I'd post what I remember. The main point is, that Harry has been very successful always in covering his tracks with girlfriends. Even with Chelsy Davy it was months before anyone found out who she was.

Yale

It'll be lonely this Christmas for Prince Harry as Meghan, William and Kate all celebrate elsewhere

Why doesn't Harry just fly to California with Meghan for Christmas this year? Wills and his family will be with the Middletons this year.

Curryong

^ Probably because his grandparents are very old and nobody knows how many more Christmas get-togethers with their whole family around them they will enjoy. Harry seems to be close to his relatives and enjoys the Sandringham extended family gathering and accompanying ritual (Church walk, football match etc.)

It's only for a couple of days and it will give the Queen and Prince Philip pleasure. The fact that others don't feel the same way about Christmas at Sandringham is neither here nor there. Harry enjoys it and the house will be packed. He won't be lonely at all. Then, after Christmas he and Meghan (who will have been with her mum for Xmas) can have a New Year's break somewhere, probably somewhere warm!

Cat00

I'm sure they got together again after Christmas. :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Eri

I doubt this report is true ... like no way Willy would be allowed to skip Christmas with the Queen ... this family has become a mess if it is true and if Liz can't handle it anymore she needs to let Chuck take the lead ... the Midds will likely tag along as usual as Carole has no life and lives through Kate ... she didn't pull all that work that required 10 Years for nothing ...

Yale

Quote from: Curryong on December 15, 2016, 11:27:07 PM
^ Probably because his grandparents are very old and nobody knows how many more Christmas get-togethers with their whole family around them they will enjoy. Harry seems to be close to his relatives and enjoys the Sandringham extended family gathering and accompanying ritual (Church walk, football match etc.)

It's only for a couple of days and it will give the Queen and Prince Philip pleasure. The fact that others don't feel the same way about Christmas at Sandringham is neither here nor there. Harry enjoys it and the house will be packed. He won't be lonely at all. Then, after Christmas he and Meghan (who will have been with her mum for Xmas) can have a New Year's break somewhere, probably somewhere warm!

I hadn't thought about that.... Harry and Meghan will see each other New Years for sure. Also, they are supposed to goon vacation for a week too.

Kinkade

I doubt they'll be allowed to miss Sandringham. Don't they always go w/ the Queen's family and then on Christmas Day, William & family go over to the Middleton's. Well, who knows, all rumors until it happens.

Actually, I did see a photo of Cressida sitting on Harry's lap while making out. It was blurry but can't miss the ginger. I have to comb through gossip sites to find it,  if I have the time. haha. I remember also the article was saying how Fergie doesn't have the same status as others in the Family coz Harry wouldn't behave like that w/ if it had been his Father or the Queen sitting on that table. 

Eri

So she is already gone? How is this gonna work out? It can't ... this is shaping into being Chelsy part 2 ... those two will break up the minute they spend more than 10 Days together ...

Cat00

I can already imagine after Christmas, they traveling to a paradise beach   :hug:

sandy

Quote from: Eri on December 16, 2016, 11:46:41 AM
So she is already gone? How is this gonna work out? It can't ... this is shaping into being Chelsy part 2 ... those two will break up the minute they spend more than 10 Days together ...

They have been together for more than 10 days now. No sign of breaking up.

Eri

^^That will go down well with the British public after it is published how much Harry has "worked' this Year ... that would be the point of no return ... he should start WORKING for his tax payer's founded lifestyle than we can talk about him having a vacation from his busy schedule of being unemployed ...

Maria5583

It's been ages since I was on but I was curious as to what everyone thought of this one.

Personally, I am not that impressed at all. Firstly, she seems self-righteous, always talking about her charity work and her self on her blog. Lots of actresses do charity work and should. She seems intent on self-promotion, which is part of her  job, but makes her bad princess material.

She seems like a silly girl. Walking around Toronto in the snow with thin 4 inches. Really? I live in Toronto, no one is stupid enough to do that, especially with cameras following her around. But she has to look good for the camera's right? :lol:

Also, she is already lamenting being home sick all the time. That sounds awfully familiar.

This is already beginning to look like the same Chelsy situation. Who I miss now because she was interesting.

sandy

Quote from: Eri on December 16, 2016, 03:41:46 PM
^^That will go down well with the British public after it is published how much Harry has "worked' this Year ... that would be the point of no return ... he should start WORKING for his tax payer's founded lifestyle than we can talk about him having a vacation from his busy schedule of being unemployed ...

Well yes, the two Princes and Kate should be working more. I very much agree. I don't know why they are not. They all should start working. The Queen should see to it. But this is for another thread....

Cat00

^^

I think foolish Meghan has nothing. She is intelligent, articulate, writes great articles, in the interview with Larry king she was great. So now no actress can help anyone else and comment  is self promotion? The people who criticize, I bet would not waste their precious time helping others. And what's the problem  in Toronto? Why should she stay indoors and stop her life?

LadyLenox

I appreciate Meghan bringing awareness to causes people don't know about or realize deeper issues than their own...If that's "promoting" herself I hope she keeps it up....Its already sounding like she will start off the new year with more "royal" duties than Kate and that's already good enough for me!

Maria5583

^ I work for a charity for a living.

And there a lot of smart girls out there that can write articles.

Some of them can write about more than clothes, and promoting their friend's businesses and products and themselves too!  :teehee:

There was only one or two articles in her blog on her charity work. :hehe:

Harry will find better I am sure.

Yale

I wager that when they return from their vacation, that Harry and Meghan will be engaged!

Now the question will they keep it a secret for a while?

Cat00

^^^
All of her articles are intelligent and well written, regardless of whether they are about fashion, health, food, philanthropy ... and who are you to think Harry will find someone better? If he liked her, it will not be his opinion that will change what he feels.Get over yourself!  :thumbsdown:

Jennifer

QuotePrince Harry and girlfriend Meghan Markle pictured together for the first time

Love was in the air in London on Wednesday night as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made their public debut as a couple. The pair were pictured together for the very first time while enjoying an evening out at a play in the West End. Harry and Meghan, who have been dating for around five months, stayed close as they took a stroll along Piccadilly and Shaftesbury Avenue, both bundled up in beanies and winter coats as they walked inconspicuously amongst late night shoppers. The couple, who were pictured in the Sun, went to see a performance of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time at the Gielgud Theatre.

Toronto-based Meghan flew into London on Sunday to spend some time with her royal boyfriend before he heads to the Queen's Sandringham estate for Christmas with his family. The following day, Harry, 32, and Meghan, 35, went shopping for a Christmas tree together at Pines and Needles in London's Battersea Park, where they selected a modest six-foot Nordmann's fir.

Read more:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markel pictured together for first time
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

psm

The first photos appeared, in London, not in Toronto. I thought they would happen on vacation, but then I thought we would not get the first pics in Toronto, so good to be right :)

I've already stated all my reservations. I think she is enjoying this too much and playing the media. It may be her second nature, having been in entertainment industry for over a decade.

I do not see the big deal on photos. We've had so many intimate photos of Harry with Chelsy and his first photo with Cressida was much more intimate and loved-up than this.

Like I've said before, Harry has done at least as much when he spoke about Chelsy during his birthday interview, so the letter is not that unprecedented. Also with Meghan, there were racist attacks and a lot of sexism. She is on a p0rn site? Come on, that was crossing many lines. She is an actress and for a working actress the fact that she's never shown her boobs is a rarity.

However because of their ages, this may be the real deal. Though I hope they don't rush. It is a big decision for her, one she may regret. She will need to muzzle herself and rein in some of her interests, especially when they are political. They are in the in-lust stage. All the time they are spending together is vacation. They haven't really spent that much time together.

There is so much to like about this relationship and I do want to. She is American, living in Toronto Canada. She is biracial. She went to Northwestern, one of the top universities! She has made a name for herself and worked her way to success, okay she is not Jennifer Lawrence, but she is making much more money than most of us I'd guess. She does charity (trying not to remember the African children video). She is gorgeous. I've always found Kate to be very very beautiful and photogenic but I am not sure who is prettier.

And she has a killer style, wonderful hair and perfect makeup.

Fashionable and Fierce from Meghan Markle's Best Looks | E! News

So let's be positive. It is the season :)

Cat00

Funny, there is only one photo between Meghan and Harry and people don't stop judging. No one knows what happens to them in intimacy. I repeat, I have never seen a picture of him with Cressida where he looked happy, he always seemed bored next to her. With Chelsy he even seemed happy, but they were very young, almost teenagers, at that age everything is fun and funny.
And what does it matter what he felt before? Now he's with MEGHAN, she's his girlfriend, "they're out of the picture"
:P

Curryong

The Harry and Cressida B thing puzzles me still. We know so little about their romance and it was ages before any photos came out. They were together for two years and so Harry obviously had feelings for her. According to some sources it was a disappointment to him when it broke up. I'm not so sure about that. He always looked tense and rather worried when they were out together, with the exception of the huggy photos on the ski slopes.

Harry may have recognised that she was a bit shy, a bit retiring (as some actors are) and that might not be a good fit for Royal life. There was also the issue of Cress's possibly unresolved feelings for Harry WS hanging over the whole relationship.

I don't go with the theory of the fandom at the time that this was a fake relationship, because I don't think Harry does those. I thought Cress would have been an interesting choice as a Royal bride, but I do believe the relationship was fraying at the edges by the end and probably ended in a big bust up just before the Pelly wedding. He's cordial with her still on IG so they must have got over it, lol.

Again we have an interesting choice with Meghan. It may not end in marriage but it will definitely bring a new dynamic to the BRF if it does work out. I'm awaiting developments in the new year!

Yale

I Just read an article and Harry states that he has a special love for Africa that will never disappear and he hopes to pass that onto his children.  It was the Sun, The Sun thinks he and Meghan are planning to have kids and have talked about it recently.

michelle0187

Quote from: Eri on December 16, 2016, 11:46:41 AM

Apparently she has some experience with long distance relationships but I can see her clinging to him whenever she can get a chance to. I doubt they've spent 10  consequtive days together. Good luck to her trying to turn it into something serious. No matter how the media wants it. It is like the same long distance relationship with Chelsy but worst. He prefers sa over toronto and his close  friends liked chelsy and she didn't wait a century to meet kate, will and charles. Another good luck to her with that. I wonder if she can afford to live in london for a couple months and find work. How can anyone expect this can last  few more months.