Archewell Foundation, Invictus and other charities, news and activities Part 4

Started by Macrobug67, January 23, 2023, 02:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

changemhysoul

MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH
NEWS
MAY. 15, 2023
In recognition of Mental Health Awareness Month, Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex recently visited with a local youth group, AHA! Santa Barbara, to learn firsthand about this generation?s experiences with social media and societal pressures, and how it affects their mental well-being. The couple engaged with these amazing youth in candid conversation, working to find solutions together.

During this hour-long session, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex spoke with teens ages 14-18 about the opportunities social media can provide for connection and community, as well as the ways in which it also raises issues of insecurity, peer-pressure, and potential for self-harm, among other risks. These important perspectives and experiences help us understand how mental wellness intersects with the online world, and what it means to promote digital wellness in a digital age. The Archewell Foundation (AWF) has a history of engaging on these critical issues and working in partnership with youth groups, experts, and families, to develop programs that support and inspire change.

AWF holds a core belief that mental health is of the utmost importance, and underpins all of our work. We are regularly meeting with young people, parents, and professionals to understand the challenges they may be facing while working together to drive towards long-term solutions on- and offline.

Mental Health Awareness Month | Archewell

Curryong

I?m so glad that Harry and Meghan took this opportunity in Mental Health Month to talk to teens about social media, online bullying and peer pressure etc. I?m sure both the Sussexes and the teens involved with AHA! came away with a lot to think about.

wannable

TLLK

I am thrilled that they chose a local organization to highlight and support.

changemhysoul

NEWS: Amazon sponsort freien Eintritt zu allen Sportveranstaltungen / Invictus Games

We are the proud official ticket partner of the Invictus Games D?sseldorf 2023! Created by Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, the
@InvictusGamesDE
is an adaptive sports competition for wounded or traumatized service members.

https://twitter.com/AmazonNewsDE/status/1658472380048769028

Curryong

I am Sooo pleased that Amazon has stepped forward to sponsor free entry to the IG for everyone who wants to participate at D?sseldorf. That is a real bonus for this year?s Games.

changemhysoul

^ It is great news! I'm thinking 2023 Invictus will be huge and I can't wait to see how 2025 tops it.

Training camp #2 is in full swing for our
@SoldierOnCAN
team, prepping for the
@invictusgamesde
2023! 🏋️‍♀️ From Sept 9-16, our athletes will display strength, determination, and resilience on the global stage. 🇨🇦 #InvictusGames #TeamCanada #IG23

https://twitter.com/CanadianForces/status/1658584428384333824

wannable

The national winners of the 48th Annual Gracie Awards will be celebrated on May 23, 2023.
The Gracies Gala will be held at the Beverly Wilshire (A Four Seasons Hotel) in Beverly Hills, CA.
Red carpet: 4:30p.m.to 5:30p.m.
Show Begins: 6:00p.m.

This is more of a A+B listers.

Gracies Gala ?,women%20at%20the%20national%20level.

MAR. 30, 2023
Today, The Gracie Awards announced that Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex was named top Entertainment Podcast Host for her groundbreaking podcast series Archetypes. The Gracies ?recognize exemplary programming created by women, for women and about women in all facets of media and entertainment.? This award honors outstanding original content that both entertains and informs in a highly engaging and authentic manner.

Archetypes revealed a discerning narrative that endures, as Meghan and her guests engaged in candid conversations about the labels and tropes that try to hold women back. Archetypes debuted at Number 1 in The US, UK, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand, and topped the charts as the Number 1 podcast in 47 countries.

Congratulations to Meghan and the Archetypes team on this incredible achievement!

Meghan Wins Top Entertainment Podcast Host From The Gracie Awards | Archewell,-News%20Mar.&text=Today%2C%20The%20Gracie%20Awards%20announced,her%20groundbreaking%20podcast%20series%20Archetypes.

In the All Women in Media

Click this square, pdf file with all the winners

Scroll page 5/6