The Hapsburgs news, current events and general discussion

Started by TLLK, April 30, 2017, 11:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on September 14, 2020, 12:33:16 AM
Yes that is typically the case that you cannot be married outside of a Roman Catholic church, however during this extraordinary period of time the couple have been allowed a nuptial Mass.

Once forbidden, outdoor Catholic weddings could be pandemic trend | National Catholic Reporter
actually in medieval times the wedding took place outside the church and then the couple went into church for the Nuptial mass...Then things were tightened up wiht regard to marriage and it was not valid unless it took place in a Catholic church.  However in exceptional circumstances, marriage ceremonies have alwasy been allowed in unusual places provided they were done by a priest with witnesses, and sanctioned by the church

LouisFerdinand

@TLLK, Thank you for the article. It clearly explained there would be no Catholic Mass.

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on September 13, 2020, 03:35:47 PM
Unfortunately under Austria's COVID-19 regulations that would not be permitted if the couple wanted more than immediate family. An outdoor Mass allowed for more guests to be present.

from what I've seen of photos, most of the congregation weren't wearing masks or practising social distancing.  I assume that Coivid sin't too bad in Austria..

TLLK

Their son Archduke Imre and his American born wife Archduchess Kathleen have a fourth granddaughter born Jan. 15, 2021. Her name is Cecilia.

Eurohistory: A New Archduchess of Austria is Born!

Archduke Carl Christian and Princess Marie Astrid now have a total of 10 grandchildren: 3 grandsons and 7 granddaughters. Another baby will born later this year to Archduchess Adelaide.

LouisFerdinand

Archduchess Cecilia is truly precious!  :vday4: :vday4: :vday4: :vday4:

TLLK

Archduchess Gabriella and her husband Prince Henri of Bourbon-Parma have welcomed a second daughter Princess Anastasia. Her older sister Princess Victoria is three years old now.  The tiny girl joined her parents' at the wedding of her mother's cousin Princess Maria Anunciata.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTfkxl1IlYj/?utm_medium=copy_link

LouisFerdinand

The Imperial Court (Reichskammergericht) was initiated by Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I. The Imperial Court arose from the negotiations for the Eternal Peace at the Diet of Worms in 1495.

LouisFerdinand

At Christmas 1816 Emperor Franz I attended a celebration which had a Christmas tree. The Emperor was so taken with the magical aura of the Christmas tree that he ordered a tree to be put up in the Hofburg Palace at Christmas from then on.   

:xmas10: :xmas10: :xmas10: :xmas10: :xmas10: :xmas10:

LouisFerdinand

Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I won over the Renaissance scholar Conrad Celtis by crowning him a poet laureate. Maximilian installed him as a master of a new College of Poets and Mathematicians in Vienna's university.

LouisFerdinand

Ernest (1377-1424) was Duke of Styria, Carinthia, and Carinola from 1406. He was the first Habsburg to actually use the title of "Archduke".

TLLK

The last of Archduke Carl-Christian and Princess Marie Astrid's children is getting married in September.

QuoteArchduke Alexander of Austria (b. 26 September 1990); the happy bride is his longtime girlfriend, Natacha Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch; their are going to marry on 30 September in Montreux (Switzerland).

TLLK

Login ? Instagram

QuoteArchduke Imre, Grand Duke Henri?s nephew, and his wife Archduchess Kathleen de Habsburg-Lorraine have welcomed their fifth child, a baby BOY! 💙🍼⁣

The baby boy has been named as Karl, in honour of Archduke Imre?s great-grandfather, Blessed Karl of Austria, who was the last Habsburg Emperor.⁣

Karl was born on June 4, 2023. He is their fifth child and first son. Imre and Kathleen have four beautiful daughters: Maria-Stella (b. 2013), Magdalena (b. 2016), Juliana (b. 2018) and Cecilia (b. 2021).⁣

Curryong

Great news, another healthy baby in the family. The girls will probably spoil little Karl to bits!

LouisFerdinand

Archduke Karl was born one day after my June 3rd birthday.

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on June 22, 2023, 10:41:19 PM
Archduke Karl was born one day after my June 3rd birthday.

He waited so you wouldn?t have to share, LF. Very generous of him!

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

The youngest son of Archduke Christian and Princess Marie-Astrid has married. His Luxembourg relatives, Queen Mathilde and Lichtenstein's Prince were in attendance along with other Hapsburg family members. Also it appears that Archduke Christoph and Archduchess Adelaide have had a new baby boy too. Little Karl will now have a playmate. Archduke Alexander's many nephews and nieces made up the wedding party and served as altar boys.

Royal Addicted on Instagram: "#RoyalWedding 30th September ~ The wedding of Archduke Alexander of Austria and Natacha Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch at

QuoteThe wedding of Archduke Alexander of Austria and Natacha Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch at Saint Pierre de Bel?il Church, Belgium

Curryong

The Roman Catholic European royals are certainly close, especially those related to each other. Not too many weddings, christenings or funerals pass by without at least some meetings. And the Hapsburg Archdukes won?t be extinct any time soon either.

LouisFerdinand

I like the fact that some of Archduke Alexander's nephews served as altar boys at the Wedding Mass.   
This is the only royal wedding I have come across where royal boys served as altar servers.

TLLK